Our Sole

Nelson Mandela

Guest Guest

Maybe that was what Nelson was hanging on for.Maybe he can die in peace now that they've got justice. Then again maybe he's waiting  til he gets the lottery jackpot...

Guest Guest

I suspect the Madiba is waiting for his invite to the Royal Premier of his new biopic 'the long walk to freedom'

http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-24479342

He's just got to hang on in there until December 5th

The film had its premiere in South Africa today.Obvs Mandela wasn't there and his daughter refused to comment on his state of health which is not a good sign http://news.sky.com/story/1163125/nelson-mandela-film-premieres-in-south-africa

Guest nobody important

Its been nine years since this sick death watch was posted. I think he has more than beat this daft site by at least 9 years.

Its been nine years since this sick death watch was posted. I think he has more than beat this daft site by at least 9 years.

We are nothing if not patient.

• Like 2

I think that should be the next site motto. :D

The Grim Reaper started this site and nobody escapes him!

I think you'll find he's the patient.

• Like 1

Guest Guest

He's deffo not going to last another 9 years that at least is for sure ! In fact I have a feeling that the run up to christmas will be more sombre than usual this year ...

Nelson Mandela unable to talk, uses facial expressions to communicate, says ex-wife Winnie Madikizela-Mandela

Winnie Madikizela-Mandela says the 95-year-old is not on life support but he was no longer talking "because of all the tubes that are in his mouth to clear [fluid from] the lungs".

"He can't actually articulate anything," she told The Sunday Independent newspaper.

"He communicates with the face, you see. But the doctors have told us they hope to recover his voice."

Mr Mandela was discharged on September 1 to his home in Johannesburg's upmarket Houghton suburb after nearly three months in hospital for a lung infection.

Ms Madikizela-Mandela says her former husband is under the care of 22 doctors, and while his pneumonia has cleared, his lungs remain sensitive.

"It is difficult for him," she said. "He remains very sensitive to any germs, so he has to be kept literally sterile. The bedroom [in Houghton] is like an ICU ward."

Nelson Mandela unable to talk, uses facial expressions to communicate, says ex-wife Winnie Madikizela-Mandela Winnie Madikizela-Mandela says the 95-year-old is not on life support but he was no longer talking "because of all the tubes that are in his mouth to clear [fluid from] the lungs". "He can't actually articulate anything," she told The Sunday Independent newspaper. "He communicates with the face, you see. But the doctors have told us they hope to recover his voice." Mr Mandela was discharged on September 1 to his home in Johannesburg's upmarket Houghton suburb after nearly three months in hospital for a lung infection. Ms Madikizela-Mandela says her former husband is under the care of 22 doctors, and while his pneumonia has cleared, his lungs remain sensitive. "It is difficult for him," she said. "He remains very sensitive to any germs, so he has to be kept literally sterile. The bedroom [in Houghton] is like an ICU ward."

I wonder what facial expressions he uses when Winnie comes to visit him

• Like 3

Mandela on his deathbed according to family, and not "doing well", but putting up a "courageous fight".

Mandela on his deathbed according to family, and not "doing well", but putting up a "courageous fight".

"He is still with us although he is not doing well in bed,"

Fnarr fnarr.

• Like 1

"Mandela: on his deathbed since 1997", could be a great spot.

So, if he has four weeks in him, he's nailed on points all round for 2014. Go Nelson.

Guest Guest

I think we all pretty much figured he's been on his death bed these last months.The question is how long will his bloody death actually take??????

I was fascinated by the quote that went something like "Even in death he is teaching us lessons in patience"

It was as though that was said just for us Deathlisters.