football_fan

Ideas and possibilities for 2007

I dont know if they have been mentioned already, but Ive' got a feeling that either Kenneth Kendall or Richard Baker are going to turn up their toes in the next 12 months...

I dont know if they have been mentioned already, but Ive' got a feeling that either Kenneth Kendall or Richard Baker are going to turn up their toes in the next 12 months...

That's news to me. :banghead:

I thought both were long gone. Well, there you go - you learn something every day.............and then you die.

PS Any news on Robert Dougall & Reggie Bosanquet? :lol:

I thought both were long gone. Well, there you go - you learn something every day.............and then you die.

Wellll Old Robbie Dougal joined the choir invisible in 1999, and that wild man of news Reggie Bosanquet copped it way back in 84. Its been ages since leonard parkin died so I just think that theres got to be an old nersreader on the verge. And with Kenny Kendall being 82 & Richie B 81 they could cop it soon...

And with Kenny Kendall being 82 & Richie B 81 they could cop it soon...

Kenneth Kendall still gets out and about occasionally. Haven't heard anything about Richard Baker for years and years however.

Other than the misspelling, great username you have there. Welcome!

I remember Leonard Parkin copping it - it gave YTV an excuse to knock 'Prisoner Cell Block H' off the schedules for a few weeks (not that they needed any excuses *blithers on in incoherent fashion for the next 100 years*)

_40323261_kendall_bacon300.jpg

Kenneth Kendall was on the list in 1989 and again in 2002.

Richard Baker has had a mention here before. He was giving up some sort of charitable activities on account of advancing decrepitude. though I'm not sure he put it quite like that himself.

Richard's Charitable Activities.

Blimey look at the mugshots on that page! :banghead: All right if you're blind I suppose.

Other than the misspelling, great username you have there. Welcome!

I remember Leonard Parkin copping it - it gave YTV an excuse to knock 'Prisoner Cell Block H' off the schedules for a few weeks (not that they needed any excuses *blithers on in incoherent fashion for the next 100 years*)

Thanks Matey!, I got the idea after I discovered the death list and found out about the perma-tanned ones demise on here. Ill have to pop along to the rename thread and ask for one less 'T'. Love your handle too by the way. Big fan of Pris back in the day when Central used to have it on 3 times a week. Bea Smith was the best, remember when she lost her memory when the bus crashed taking her from Barnhurst to Wentworth, then although she regained it she had to pretend she had still lost it to get parole? Ha ha , that was a great show. Poor old lizzie Birdsworth eh? how old was she when she died? :banghead:

Wellll Old Robbie Dougal joined the choir invisible in 1999, and that wild man of news Reggie Bosanquet copped it way back in 84. Its been ages since leonard parkin died so I just think that theres got to be an old nersreader on the verge. And with Kenny Kendall being 82 & Richie B 81 they could cop it soon...

Thanks for clearing that up, Steve. Reggie B was certainly the enfant terrible of ITN. Always liked his erm, strident approach to news-reading. Can't believe he's been gone that long. I actually miss him (in a small kind of way).

Guest kk

dennis norden?

Bill Pertwee is facing a number 1 single next week, the shock might kill him!

The Duchess of Cornwall has cut short her holiday to visit her sick father.

He looks like a good possibility for 2007 if he lasts that long (& if he passes the famousness test).

Major Bruce Shand is in there with Fergie's dad, he'll get the treatment from The Telegraph and Times for sure. His wiki entry suggests something of what they'll write.

Good call Lady Die!

The Duchess of Cornwall has cut short her holiday to visit her sick father.

He looks like a good possibility for 2007 if he lasts that long (& if he passes the famousness test).

Charlie looks like a good possibility for the Caption Competition thread in that kilt! :blink:

They are both old news. Robert died in 1999 & Reggie in 1984.

I see meddlesome bitch Yvonne Ridley's back in the news, this time suggesting that to improve relations with police London Halibuts should refuse to communicate with them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5054600.stm

No, they should surely cut all their heads off and video tape it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yvonne_Ridley

She seems to have any number of prospective enemies, ranging from Al-Jazeera, who fired her, the King of Jordan, to the Israelis, whom she seems to feel shouldn't exist.

I know wishful thinking's discouraged on the DL, but I'd looooove it (K. Keegan, ©1995) if she got kidnapped somewhere fun like Fallujah towards the end of the year.

Being a cultured sort of chap, I thought I'd see which composers were on the brink of decomposing. I think the following may well not be far off hearing their own funeral marches...

These are either the oldest, or those whom I know have had recent health problems. Apologies if any of these have received a mention, but none of their names appeared in the search engine!

Sir Malcolm Arnold - born 21.10.21 and has been living in full-time care for a while.

Gian Carlo Mennotti - born 07.07.11 - old in anyone's libretto.

Elliott Carter - born 11.12.08 - he was well enough to travel from NY to a series of concerts in London in January, and is still composing!

Galina Ustvolskaya - born 17.06.19 - a virtual recluse, she seems to have composed little of note recently.

Henri Dutilleux - born 22.01.16 - still composing and winning awards into his tenth decade.

Andre Previn - born 06.04.29 - Mr. Preview had to sit down to conduct the last time I saw him, and he found getting on and off the stage very difficult. Maybe having a wife 34 years his junior is taking its toll?

Milton Babbitt - born 10.05.16

Earl Wild - born 26.11.15 - mostly known for his virtuoso pianism and transcriptions. Performed in his own 90th birthday tribute concert at Carnegie Hall last November.

Also a quick mention of -

The conductor Kurt Sanderling (19.09.12) retired in 2002.

Lady Evelyn Barbirolli (24.01.11), wife of Sir John Barbiroli and oboist.

The modern day composer refuses to die - Edgard Varese (1883-1965)

I don't get football/soccer either Bruno but then show jumping is the only sport I like so whta do I know.

To keep on topic, how about this guy? I know he's not that famous but ex Cambridge professors always get obits in the broadsheets. I've no health news but he was born in 1919 so he's getting on. Come on guys let's have a Manxie on the deathlist

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Kermode

Guest Guest

Brain Granville still writes a monthly column for World Soccer magazine, mind you the picture they use seems to be from thirty years ago. I always wondered how old he was as most of his anecdotes seem to be about players in the fifties. Mid-seventies apparently.

The picture Guest....where the bloody f...ing hell is the bloody f...ing picture?

Brain Granville still writes a monthly column for World Soccer magazine, mind you the picture they use seems to be from thirty years ago. I always wondered how old he was as most of his anecdotes seem to be about players in the fifties. Mid-seventies apparently.

I'll ask him next time I speak to him. He's a completely rude prick (one of the most disliked people at my work) so I'll mention that we're discussing him on a forum about death.

Dunno about a picture of him but from his voice I'd have put him at mid-60s.

Frank Kermode would certainly get full obits, I've heard of him, and thats saying quite a lot for an academic.

To keep on topic, how about this guy? I know he's not that famous but ex Cambridge professors always get obits in the broadsheets. I've no health news but he was born in 1919 so he's getting on. Come on guys let's have a Manxie on the deathlist

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Kermode

Frank Kermode would certainly get full obits, I've heard of him, and thats saying quite a lot for an academic.

That's only 20 words. Most academics could do better I'm sure.

Is Frank Kermode the dad of Mark - film reviewer - Kermode?

Guest Guest_robert mugabe_*

we shuld have robert mugabe on the list hes really old and has been in power since 1980 and hes stupid