football_fan

Ideas and possibilities for 2007

In my trawls through the web I ran across Hiroo Onoda, one of those Japanese men who soldiered on for decennia after the war. I remember when he was found and apparently he's still alive. DL material? DDP?

regards,

Hein

ACK!

I've been hiding that one on my list since like, March. No health news, but his movement has been decreased in recent years.

He wasn't on my top 20, but he was on my top 30.

I have so few secrets left now. :)

Onoda update.

Bad lungs, but also active in the community and partying all night. Make of it what you will.

With more points on the DDP table for younger picks, 48 year old former WBA heavyweight boxing champion Greg Page might be worth a punt.

He currently in a stable condition in hospital with pneumonia, but he has had other serious health problems. Way past his prime, he was still boxing aged 42 when he was battered in to a coma and left brain damaged. He has been paralysed and wheelchairbound ever since.

From Wiki:

On March 1, 2005 Page was hospitalized from pneumonia and put on a ventilator. On February 24, 2006 Page was hospitalized again, this time for acute respiratory failure, sepsis, hypothermia, and seizures.

Now he has pneumonia again. Even if he pulls through this one, I doubt he will sail through 2007 without troubling the local intensive care unit again. :)

That's really freaky, as the leader of The Wiggles, also called Greg Page is also unwell, although his condition is described as not life threatening

Serbian nationalist leader Vojislav Seselj has been taken to the international war crimes tribunal's hospital. He's been on a hunger strike for the past 3 weeks.

Tommy Banner, long serving accordion player with The Wurzels, has prostate cancer. He played on their 1976 number one hit "The Combine Harvester".

Tommy Banner, long serving accordion player with The Wurzels, has prostate cancer. He played on their 1976 number one hit "The Combine Harvester".

The Wurzels and the Wiggles - bad week for badly named bands! :P

Just spent another long night trawling through this thread. Have noted down a few good ideas for my list but quite disappointed at the huge number of people who definately don't pass the famousness test being touted! :lol:

Just spent another long night trawling through this thread. Have noted down a few good ideas for my list but quite disappointed at the huge number of people who definately don't pass the famousness test being touted! :lol:

To be fair, this thread has mutated more into a possibilities for Deathlist and various other deadpools

(notably the Derby Dead Pool). The DDP have a less strict criteria for inclusion (as long as there's some

sort of death notice on bbc.co.uk or national newspapers, you win points.

Deathlist have a more subjective idea on who is 'famous' enough to be a candidate on their list.

I have a list of possibles that I would believe would in theory appear on the DL, if you're interested GR... :lol:

Eartha Kitt battling colon cancer.

Who'll win Catwoman or the cancer?

Tantalisingly she talks about a possible three more years. What a bummer, if you'll pardon the expression.

I have a list of possibles that I would believe would in theory appear on the DL, if you're interested GR... :lol:

Send away dear chap! Could do with a few ideas as I'm very close to finalising my lists for next year!

I think The Woggles should take care not to walk under any falling pianos for a few weeks.

Top band, I'd advise giving them a look-see.

The Wurzels and the Wiggles - bad week for badly named bands! :lol:

Awww, she's fabulous. Her autobiography is a great read.

Although that article says she's 80, has anyone (including herself) ever found out her real age? IIRC, there was no birth certificate or anything, hence she's a woman who can truly call herself ageless.

Awww, she's fabulous. Her autobiography is a great read.

Although that article says she's 80, has anyone (including herself) ever found out her real age? IIRC, there was no birth certificate or anything, hence she's a woman who can truly call herself ageless.

Yes, they found her birth certificate.

Guest John Graham

While looking up to see if I could actually win British honours, I stumbled across the wiki article for Jack Lyons. It's a bit strange. Too ill to be sent to prison, not too ill to attend swanky gatherings.

Not sure if I'd put him on my DDP, but I thought I'd share him.

I was actually at Sir Jack Lyons' 90th birthday concert with the London Symphony Orchestra on Sunday evening (I wasn't a guest, just there for the music I hasten to add), and he looks, sounds and moves anything but his age. I wouldn't rate him for a couple of years yet.

He paid his dues, leave the man alone.

I have a list, i'll reveal it soon. A little later. Sometime. Eventually.

I'm feeling a bit too competative and will be revealing my list on the first of Jan 2007.

Me too...

Me too...

I'm not going to reveal my list (I've only got 10 names on it anyway so far) but I'd be happy to reveal who I'm considering if anyone's interested. My short-shortlist, as it were.

Guest Guest
Post your ideas here!

Regards,

ff

Just a suggestion for next year's list...Castro has got to be on it! That's if he makes it to the New Year that is...

I didn't bother to search, but would June Foray ring a bell with the BBC?

I have an idea for deathlist 2007: Cheeta the Chimpanzee!

See discussion here.

regards,

Hein

Why thank you Hein. I'm new to this whole deathlist forum so I'm still trying to figure out where everything is.

Other ideas I have for 2007:

1. Ian Smith, former Prime Minister of Rhodesia, 87 years old and looks to be in terrible health.

2. Brett Somers, former "Match Game" contestant, 82, has cancer, she denies it though (isn't denial the first stage of death?).

3. Charles Nelson Riley, another former Match Game contestant, 75.

4. Bob Barker, retiring host of "The Price is Right", 82, turns 83 on December 12, I predict retirement will have some serious mental effects on Mr. Barker. Perhaps he'll be driven into depression and die?

5. Robert Mugabe, paranoid President of Zimbabwe, 82, lives out his life in fear of assassination and poor health.

6. Dorothea Tanning, artist and former lover of Max Ernst, 96, has to die sometime soon.

7. Leonora Carrington, another artist and former lover of Max Ernst, 89.

There are my ideas, enjoy.

See discussion here.

regards,

Hein

Why thank you Hein. I'm new to this whole deathlist forum so I'm still trying to figure out where everything is.

1. Ian Smith, former Prime Minister of Rhodesia, 87 years old and looks to be in terrible health.

2. Brett Somers, former "Match Game" contestant, 82, has cancer, she denies it though (isn't denial the first stage of death?).

4. Bob Barker, retiring host of "The Price is Right", 82, turns 83 on December 12, I predict retirement will have some serious mental effects on Mr. Barker. Perhaps he'll be driven into depression and die?

5. Robert Mugabe, paranoid President of Zimbabwe, 82, lives out his life in fear of assassination and poor health.

6. Dorothea Tanning, artist and former lover of Max Ernst, 96, has to die sometime soon.

Hmm Lothar, Max Ernst wasn't your great uncle by any chance was he? :lol:

See discussion here.

regards,

Hein

Hmm Lothar, Max Ernst wasn't your great uncle by any chance was he? :lol:

If only he was. But then again, if he were it wouldn't have made much difference. The surrealist painter died a few years before I was born, on April Fools Day of all days, and one day before his birthday. I can only imagine how that went, Dorothea called up the grandkids and said, "Hey kids, grandpa's dead," only to get a response of, "haha, April Fools," then for Dorothea the respond, "No kids, this isn't a joke."

Oh well, enough of me going on and on about dead/almost dead artists nobody cares about.

Been thinking about this one. If people didn't specify which Ian Smith they meant and then 'Harold Bishop' died, would they still get points when their pick was really the Rhodesia bod rather than a resident of Ramsay Street?

Would Licio Gelli be (in)famous enough to be covered in the UK media? Linked to the death of Roberto Calvi (found hanging from Blackfrairs Bridge in London, 1982)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Licio_Gelli

Well in his eighties and a lifetime of being involved with the Mafia, Ultra secret masonic lodges, the CIA to name but a few may have caught up with him.