football_fan

Ideas and possibilities for 2007

Casagrande, the Brazilian footballer, aged 43, who played in the 1986 World Cup is in intensive care with heart problems.

Casagrande leaves hospital, but will be watched at home.

Preferable to Brazilian TV I imagine.

What do people think of my list?

Teddy Kennedy

Dick van Dyke

Dennis Norden

Nancy Reagan

Lady Bird Johnson

Suharto

Gerald Ford

Robert McNamara

Ronnie Corbett

Claude Levi-Strauss

Walter Cronkite Jr.

Frankie Laine

Olivia de Havilland

While we're on the subject of condemned prisoners (and to keep this post relevant, I've seen conflicting reports that claim he's to be executed on December 31 and "sometime in January 2007"), Shoko Asahara.

Actually, I'm just curious why OoO thinks he'll be dead (ie. executed) within 6 months. Not doubting, just curious, as I think he could make a fun DL candidate. Usually authorities don't make execution dates easy to find as, as we can see in Hussain's case, even when they do it's not usually helpful.

Also, while we're at it, if you could find an execution date for Cool C OoO, that would be nice. :(

Japan executes four prisoners, Asahara wasn't one of them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/6208519.stm

I think this news means that Asahara is very likely to be executed soon.

Guest bigdave12

2007 list

sir bobby robson - (ex england manager)

bruce forsyth - (tv presenter)

evander holyfield - (boxer)

deadly doug ellis - (ex soccer)

While we're on the subject of condemned prisoners (and to keep this post relevant, I've seen conflicting reports that claim he's to be executed on December 31 and "sometime in January 2007"), Shoko Asahara.

Actually, I'm just curious why OoO thinks he'll be dead (ie. executed) within 6 months. Not doubting, just curious, as I think he could make a fun DL candidate. Usually authorities don't make execution dates easy to find as, as we can see in Hussain's case, even when they do it's not usually helpful.

Also, while we're at it, if you could find an execution date for Cool C OoO, that would be nice. :(

Japan executes four prisoners, Asahara wasn't one of them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/6208519.stm

I think this news means that Asahara is very likely to be executed soon.

Could be, but then again it is not a certainty. I left him off my 2007 list.

Here's my 2007 list. On the DDP list Fenrnado Alonso makes it to Joker. Formula One is a dangerous sport you know.

Ariel Sharon

Holly Johnson

Sir Norman Wisdom

Fidel Castro

Sir Bobby Robson

Saddam Hussein

Henry Allingham

Ronnie Biggs

Patrick Moore

Michael Foot

Les Paul

Clive Dunn

Kirk Douglas

Margaret Thatcher

Lady Bird Johnson

Sir Jimmy Saville

Anna Wing

Fernando Alonso

Ian Brady

Shane MacGowan

Here's my 2007 list. On the DDP list Fenrnado Alonso makes it to Joker. Formula One is a dangerous sport you know.

Ariel Sharon

Holly Johnson

Sir Norman Wisdom

Fidel Castro

Sir Bobby Robson

Saddam Hussein

Henry Allingham

Ronnie Biggs

Patrick Moore

Michael Foot

Les Paul

Clive Dunn

Kirk Douglas

Margaret Thatcher

Lady Bird Johnson

Sir Jimmy Saville

Anna Wing

Fernando Alonso

Ian Brady

Shane MacGowan

its not a bad list.......but very few (if indeed any !) solo picks :(

Ariel Sharon

Holly Johnson

Sir Norman Wisdom

Fidel Castro

Sir Bobby Robson

Saddam Hussein

Henry Allingham

Ronnie Biggs

Patrick Moore

Michael Foot

Les Paul

Clive Dunn

Kirk Douglas

Margaret Thatcher

Lady Bird Johnson

Sir Jimmy Saville

Anna Wing

Fernando Alonso

Ian Brady

Shane MacGowan

4 hits max is all I reckon you'll get,

Formula One hasn't been dangerous for years.

Ariel Sharon

Holly Johnson

Sir Norman Wisdom

Fidel Castro

Sir Bobby Robson

Saddam Hussein

Henry Allingham

Ronnie Biggs

Patrick Moore

Michael Foot

Les Paul

Clive Dunn

Kirk Douglas

Margaret Thatcher

Lady Bird Johnson

Sir Jimmy Saville

Anna Wing

Fernando Alonso

Ian Brady

Shane MacGowan

Id go higher than 4 . Sir Jimmy is a no - no . Maggie (my love) will last forever , ...and there are a few others I'd stay clear of......but some of these "star picks" will pop....they always do !

Guest DeathInDuluth

Don't forget Jimmy Young. He must be well into his eighties by now.

Ariel Sharon

Holly Johnson

Sir Norman Wisdom

Fidel Castro

Sir Bobby Robson

Saddam Hussein

Henry Allingham

Ronnie Biggs

Patrick Moore

Michael Foot

Les Paul

Clive Dunn

Kirk Douglas

Margaret Thatcher

Lady Bird Johnson

Sir Jimmy Saville

Anna Wing

Fernando Alonso

Ian Brady

Shane MacGowan

Id go higher than 4 . Sir Jimmy is a no - no . Maggie (my love) will last forever , ...and there are a few others I'd stay clear of......but some of these "star picks" will pop....they always do !

This guy is on for six, seven or eight but is letting down his list by some wide of the mark picks. But then lots of it comes down to luck and as my bro says "you can't beat bad luck".

Seeing as it's the season of goodwill and that we've lost a couple of certs for 2007, might

I suggest Italian film producer Carlo Ponti..

He was married to Sophia Loren y'know.. :)

Guest Guest

How about Estelle Getty (you know, from the Golden Girls). She's 83 and has Alzheimer and Parkinson. Quite an easy pick I'ld guess.

Guest Guest_Pete_*

Fidel Castro (if he's not already)

Jimmy Young

Sir David Jason (I hate to put him, everyone loves Del Boy!)

Cliff Richard (PLLLEAAASE!)

Parvez Musharraf

Am I cheating by putting Saddam Hussain???

You mean SIR Jimmy Young, surely? There's another famous Jimmy Young who once fougth Muhammad Ali and lost.

How about actress Alice Ghostly? 80 year old veteran of Bewitched TV series who also had parts in movies including The Graduate and To Kill a Mockingbird?

Not been in the best of health lately.

Guest DCDiva

LOLOL...Magic Johnson will probably outlive all of us "healthy" folks

:pop::pop::pop:

My top 9...dont know what this unhealthy political obsession is about.....

Nancy Reagan

Ariel Sharon (though I think he's dead already..just not announced...some morbid excuse of region stability)

Fidel Castro

Nelson Mandela (I hope I'm wrong, here)

Billy Graham

C Everett Coop

Betty Ford

Jesse Helms

Saddam (but I don't think it will be due to the impending death sentence)

:P:pop:;)

I'm guessing OoO or Lawrenson would have tipped us if Jack Brabham was carking it soon. Looks in good shape at his 80th party. Was racing in his seventies at a fairly high standard. Anne Frank's old mate Miep is a pick on my current WDP team, I'm still living in hope - since she's damn near 100 - but so far not had a sniff of news of ill health. That 103 year mystery writer mind.....might be a goer for us.

I'm guessing OoO or Lawrenson would have tipped us if Jack Brabham was carking it soon. Looks in good shape at his 80th party. Was racing in his seventies at a fairly high standard.

Yeah, he's in fine health. But he is a little bit overweight for someone his age so maybe a good outside bet for a DP, but not for the DL.

I maintain Phil Hill should be chosen if there's going to be any motor racing world champion on the DL.

English Cricket umpire, Mark Benson is in intensive care in South Africa, after suffering heart palpitations whilst umpiring the second test between India and South Africa.

English Cricket umpire, Mark Benson is in intensive care in South Africa, after suffering heart palpitations whilst umpiring the second test between India and South Africa.

and judging by his inability to raise his finger in front of his face when batsmen are clearly out lbw, surely Rudi Koertzen must be suffering from a degree of infirmity that suggests death is imminent. If only.

Not to take anything away from the Aussies' awesome performance in pulverising puny England, as Rudi got the calls totally wrong for both sides.

I'm guessing OoO or Lawrenson would have tipped us if Jack Brabham was carking it soon. Looks in good shape at his 80th party. Was racing in his seventies at a fairly high standard.

Yeah, he's in fine health. But he is a little bit overweight for someone his age so maybe a good outside bet for a DP, but not for the DL.

I maintain Phil Hill should be chosen if there's going to be any motor racing world champion on the DL.

Cheers OoO, that's about what I expected. How's our man Lauda, he's consuming kidneys faster than a Cumbrian butcher's shop. Presumably ripe old age isn't on the agenda for the triple champion.

Cheers OoO, that's about what I expected. How's our man Lauda, he's consuming kidneys faster than a Cumbrian butcher's shop. Presumably ripe old age isn't on the agenda for the triple champion.

He looked as well as can be expected for a man with his scars & age at Regga's funeral last week. Going nowhere just yet, that's for sure.

Well he'll be in my list... :P

Guest Mike

Liz Taylor

John Madden

Kirk Douglas

Bea Arthur

Abe Vigoda