football_fan

Ideas and possibilities for 2007

Ronald Neame, cinematographer,producer,screenwriter and director of some classic British films of the 30's and 40's. Also director of "The Poseidon Adventure".

Born in 1911, got to be a reasonable bet for '07.

Ronald Neame, cinematographer,producer,screenwriter and director of some classic British films of the 30's and 40's. Also director of "The Poseidon Adventure".

Agree with Ward Baker, I thought he had died until I checked the Genarians website.

Neame is remarkably good health & form given his age. I can see him possibly reaching 100 if he continues as he is doing.

Another name from that period, Sally Gray has just turned 90. She too could be a decent bet.

I briefly discussed him here

Jack Wild, B 30/09/1952. Cancer twice,history of nicotine/alcohol abuse.

bbc.co.uk

Judy Carne. B 27/04/1939.Ex wife Burt Reyonlds.Rowan & Martins Laugh-in,also history of alcohol/drug abuse,near fatal road acident,last seen 1993,apparently lives in Northampton,enough in itself,to induce a premature end.

judycarne.com

Any further news?

bbc.co.uk

Judy Carne. B 27/04/1939.Ex wife Burt Reyonlds.Rowan & Martins Laugh-in,also history of alcohol/drug abuse,near fatal road acident,last seen 1993,apparently lives in Northampton,enough in itself,to induce a premature end.

judycarne.com

Any further news?

Jack Wild has his own DeathList thread here,

http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?...30&hl=Jack+Wild

bbc.co.uk

judycarne.com

Any further news?

Jack Wild has his own DeathList thread here,

http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?...30&hl=Jack+Wild

And Judy Carne? (2 mentions on BBC)

Also add Louis Jourdan. B 19/06/1919.Bad guy on Bond movie.Smarmy frog.

Going back to my mobsters theme - Sammy "the Bull" Gravano - recently convicted of selling E after going into witness protection for snitching on John Gotti.

And...

John Gotti Jr. No reason, just in a dangerous profession.

How about Sarah Miles of Ryan's Daughter fame? I know she's not that old (early 60s) but she's completely bonkers and it seems likely she's done a lot of drugs in the past. Another bonkers lady is Margot Kidder

Anyone have any health news on Jaques Rivette who directed Celine et Julie vont en Bateau?

If drug use were serious Keith Richards would still be on the list.

Still?

Keith has never been on the DeathList.

Still?

I thought that's who DL got its mention in the major press, he was complaining that he had been taken off the list or something.

Still?

I thought that's who DL got its mention in the major press, he was complaining that he had been taken off the list or something.

The Sun took a few... creative liberties is how we phrased it I think... with that story...

I've been thinking a lot these past few days about Kurt Diemberger. Virtually everyone he's climbed with has died, often when climbing with him, and yet he still goes on, now in his seventies and still climbing I believe, sans a few finger ends. Kurt's nine lives ran out long ago. There must be a crevasse somewhere with his name on it.

I've been thinking a lot these past few days about Kurt Diemberger...

and people say I need a new hobby......

BB you need a new hobby and that hobby should be old climbers. There's a few of them still about: find 'em, tell us, and give some meaning to your life.

Commons speaker Michael Martin has had heart surgery

Commons speaker Michael Martin has had heart surgery

Interesting, but I think he'll be OK. Patrick Stewart had one of those a few years back, and he's doing fine. Chances are that if he's still around by 2007, he'll be around a lot longer.

Now that Dennis Weaver has died, I began to wonder how some of the other old actors were doing. Most specifically, Larry Storch. I'm not one to usually nominate someone that young, but Weaver's death has me thinking. Storch was touring with Tony Curtis in the musical version of Some Like It Hot in 2003, but then his wife of 42 years died and I can't find much on him since. What does everyone think about all this?

Now that Dennis Weaver has died, I began to wonder how some of the other old actors were doing. Most specifically, Larry Storch. I'm not one to usually nominate someone that young, but Weaver's death has me thinking. Storch was touring with Tony Curtis in the musical version of Some Like It Hot in 2003, but then his wife of 42 years died and I can't find much on him since. What does everyone think about all this?

Well according to that imdb profile he was working last year. Can't say I've ever heard of him myself, nothing really notable in his body of work.

I'd say not famous enough for DeathList, but a possible for the DDP as an outside bet.

nothing really notable in his body of work.

How dare you speak of F-Troop that way! Blasphemy!

storch.jpg

nothing really notable in his body of work.

How dare you speak of F-Troop that way! Blasphemy!

storch.jpg

F-Troop is that something to do with the Boy Scouts? :P

F-Troop is that something to do with the Boy Scouts?

Let me help you by recaptiring the them song of this show.......

The end of the Civil War was near

When quite accidentally

A hero who sneezed abrubtly seized

Retreat and reversed it to victory.

His medal of honor pleased and thrilled

his proud little family group

While pinning it on some blood was spilled

and so it was planned he'd command F-Troop.

Where Indian fights are colorful sights

and nobody takes a lickin'

Where paleface and redskin

Both turn chicken.

When killing and fighting get them down

They know their morale can't droop

As long as they all relax in town

Before they resume with a bang and a boom

F-TROOP

Each week we saw Corporal Randolph Agarn (playted by Larry Storch) and Sgt. Morgan O'Rourke (played by Forest Tucker concoct schemes and plans of varying sorts along with cohorts from the Acowee indian camp and Cief Wild Eagle and some other indian named CrazyCat all under the oblivious eyes of Captain Wilton Parmenter (played by Ken Berry) who was far too in lust with lesbian saloon keeper Wrangler Jane played by Melody Patterson.......possibly the only woman in the show. A

Also in the show was Private Hannibal Dobbs played by James Hampton who went on to play the Papa Werewolf in the Teen Wolf movies with Michael J. Fox andf the other kid in the second film. Bob Steele was in the show (F-Troop as well) as Trooper Duffy, a much older soldier and Joe Brooks as Vanderbilt a heavy set almost blind guy who was in charge of firing off the cannon which usually resulted inn damage including numertous hits of the guard watch tower.

Alan Ayckbourn has had a stroke.

Edit : Here's the link

and beforee i forget F-Troiop was set in Fort Courage.