football_fan

Ideas and possibilities for 2007

Is Frank Kermode the dad of Mark - film reviewer - Kermode?

Not as far as I know

Aye, my Manx minx, but you don't say how far you do know. I think they're related but nobody I'd generally trust for this information is quite sure how. I've heard rumours of father and uncle.

They're probably related somehow, all Manx people are after all. I guess we'll find out when one of them dies.

Oh and I'm not actually Manx btw

It's hard to predict that with Dutch celebs.

Talking about Dutch celebs how's Teddy Scholten these days? She must be about 80 now. Not sure they'd get a UK obit, though she might do as she pipped Pearl Carr and Teddy Johnson to the post and won the Eurovision Song Contest in 1959 (still one of the UK's most famous entries even after 47 years!)

Got some ideas.

Previously mentioned Rudi Carell

other names:

Rijk de Gooyer. Actor, and well in his eighties.

Johnny Kraaykamp Sr. See Rijk. Used to be his comic partner on stage.

Florrie Rost van Tonningen. Nazi widow. Can't miss her. Well into her 90's.

Dries van Agt. Former prime minister.

Florrie Rost van Tonningen. Nazi widow. Can't miss her. Well into her 90's.

She's not only the widow of a well-know Dutch Nazi, she's been a Nazi ever since. Though that woman has breathed fifty years too many, IMO, I don't think she's DL material. Notorious in the Netherlands, but hardly outside.

De Gooyer and Kraaykamp may just make an obit, but I wouldn't count on it. Van Agt is DL material. He was born in 1931, so a bit young. As far as I know that pratt is in perfect health.

regards,

Hein

Aye, my Manx minx, but you don't say how far you do know. I think they're related but nobody I'd generally trust for this information is quite sure how. I've heard rumours of father and uncle.

I read somewhere that Mark 'the Exorcist' Kermode, actually changed his given surname to Kermode. I don't know what is was originally, but I can only assume it must of been pretty bad to change it to Kermode.

I read somewhere that Mark 'the Exorcist' Kermode, actually changed his given surname to Kermode. I don't know what is was originally, but I can only assume it must of been pretty bad to change it to Kermode.

Yes. Why would anyone pretend to be manx when they're not? Let alone choose a name that sounds a bit like commode

Guest Guest

put dr james watson on he sucks

Zsa Zsa Gabor - Actress

Joey Bishop - Last living member of Rat Pack

Phyliss Dyler - Comic

Edmund Hillary - First person to climb Mount Everest

Jane Wyatt - Actress

John Paul Stevens - judge; U.S. 7th Circuit Court of Appeals (1970-75), Supreme Court (1975-). Appointed to the Supreme Court by President Ford.

Robert McNamara - U.S. Secretary of Defense under Kennedy and Johnson (1961-68)

President of the World Bank (1968-81). Received the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 1968.

George Shultz - U.S. Secretary of Labor under Nixon (1969-1970), U.S. Secretary of the Treasury under Nixon (1972-74), U.S. Secretary of State under Reagan (1982-89). Received the Presidential Medal of Freedom (1989).

Yasuhiro Nakasone - Japense prime minister.

John Forsythe - Charlies Angels

Carl Reiner - Actor\Director

Estelle Getty - Golden Girls

Frank Cady - actor; "Petticoat Junction" (1963-70), "Green Acres" (Sam Drucker, 1965-71).

Al Molinaro - actor; "The Odd Couple" (Murray Greshler, 1970-75), "Happy Days" (Al Delvecchio, 1976-82).

Jackie Cooper - actor; The Little Rascals (Jackie, 1929-31), Superman: The Movie (1978) and three sequels.

Harry Morgan - actor; "Dragnet" (Officer Bill Gannon, 1967-70), "M*A*S*H" (Col. Sherman Potter, 1975-83), The Apple Dumpling Gang (1975), The Shootist (1976).

Ernest Borgnine - actor; From Here to Eternity (1953), "McHale's Navy" (Lt. Quinton McHale, 1962-66), The Poseidon Adventure (1972), Code Name: Wild Geese (1984). Husband of singer Ethel Merman (1964).

Red Buttons - actor, comedian, and TV host; "The Red Buttons Show" (host, 1952-55), Sayonara (1957), They Shoot Horses, Don't They? (1969).

Glenn Ford - Actor

Richard Widmark - Actor

Joan Fontaine - Actress

Hugh Downs - TV host and announcer; "Concentration" (1958-69); "Today" (1962-71); "20/20" (1978-).

Don Pardo - TV announcer; "The Price Is Right" (1956-63), "Jeopardy!" (1964-75), "Saturday Night Live" (1975-81, 1982-).

Mitch Miller - orchestra leader; head of A&R at Comunbia Records (1950-65); made over a dozen "Sing Along With Mitch" albums; TV host, "Sing Along with Mitch" (1961-64).

Ravi Shankar - sitar player.

John Glenn - One of the original seven Mercury astronauts; became the 1st American to orbit the Earth with his Mercury 6 flight (20 February 1962). U.S. Senator, D-OH (1975-99). Flew on the NASA space shuttle as an incumbent congressman, becoming the oldest person in space (1998).

David Rockefeller - CEO of Chase National Bank (1969-80). Brother of New York Governor Nelson Rockefeller.

Stan Lee - comic artist. Created Spiderman, The Incredible Hulk, and The Fantastic Four. Chairman of Marvel Comics.

Sherwood Schwartz - TV producer; created, produced, and wrote the theme music for "Gilligan's Island" (1964-67) and "The Brady Bunch" (1969-74).

Arthur Schlesinger Jr. - historian; professor at Harvard (1946-61), special assistant to Presidents Kennedy (1961-63) and Johnson (1963-64). Won Pulitzer Prizes for The Age of Jackson (1946) and A Thousand Days (1966).

Jim McKay - sportscaster; host of "ABC's Wide World of Sports" (1961-). Won 12 Emmys; Peabody Award (1988); Life Achievement Emmy (1990).

Mike Wallace - 60 minutes

This should cover the answers for next years list... :)

- Banshees Scream

Jerry Lewis has had a heart attack. He's expected to make a "full recovery" but probably still worth keeping an eye on.

Edit: Oops! Just spotted the Jerry Lewis thread. Please could a mod move this.

Zsa Zsa Gabor - Actress,

Joey Bishop

Phyliss Dyler

Edmund Hillary -

Jane Wyatt

John Paul Stevens -

Robert McNamara -(

George Shultz -

Yasuhiro Nakasone - John Forsythe Carl Reiner -Estelle Getty, Frank Cady -

Al Molinaro -

Jackie Cooper -.

Harry Morgan -Ernest Borgnine -Red Buttons -Glenn Ford - Actor

Richard Widmark, Joan Fontaine

Hugh Downs

Don Pardo - TV announcer; "The Price Is Right" (1956-63), "Jeopardy!" (1964-75), "Saturday Night Live" (1975-81, 1982-).

Mitch Miller

Ravi Shankar

John Glenn - David Rockefeller -

Stan Lee -

Sherwood Schwartz -

Arthur Schlesinger Jr. -Jim McKay - Mike Wallace -

- Banshees Scream

The only thing which needs to be covered is you and your computer with a bucket of mud. Your useless overextended rambling idiocies have no place on the internet let alone here. You go around accusing me of being drunk and other things and yet you post utter nonsense for pages and pages. In this post you list names of people who you have claimed are nowhere near death in other posts and people who elsewhere you have said are not worth being cited here. Which is it Bansheees? You can't have it both ways.

As for the Don Pardo listing it just goes to show you are demented.

Zsa Zsa Gabor - Actress,

Joey Bishop

Phyliss Dyler

Edmund Hillary -

Jane Wyatt

John Paul Stevens -

Robert McNamara -(

George Shultz -

Al Molinaro -

Jackie Cooper -.

Hugh Downs

Mitch Miller

Ravi Shankar

Stan Lee -

Sherwood Schwartz -

- Banshees Scream

The only thing which needs to be covered is you and your computer with a bucket of mud. Your useless overextended rambling idiocies have no place on the internet let alone here. You go around accusing me of being drunk and other things and yet you post utter nonsense for pages and pages. In this post you list names of people who you have claimed are nowhere near death in other posts and people who elsewhere you have said are not worth being cited here. Which is it Bansheees? You can't have it both ways.

you know, I still have a bet with myself that Bruno and Banshees are the same person.......

Search wasn't working so couldn't see if Bryan Forbes has been mentioned. He's 80 and it seems he has MS. He'd certainly get an obit

you know, I still have a bet with myself that Bruno and Banshees are the same person.......

But if that's the case and I am also LifeBeginsAtEight and I am supposedly BrinsworthBaiter then it vastly reduces the overall total of real numbers of persons posting here (although it would up my total post tally quite handsomely now wouldn't it? :) )

Anyway I am nowhere near as snarly as Banshees, we just happen to live in the same city and visit the same bars.

Zsa Zsa Gabor - Actress,

Joey Bishop

Phyliss Dyler

Edmund Hillary -

Jane Wyatt

John Paul Stevens -

Robert McNamara -(

George Shultz -

Al Molinaro -

Jackie Cooper -.

Hugh Downs

Mitch Miller

Ravi Shankar

Stan Lee -

Sherwood Schwartz -

This should cover the answers for next years list... :blink:

- Banshees Scream

Bruno, you go around and quote nearly all of my posts. So often, that Cowboy Ronnie suspects me of being you. My suggestions are worth reading and a good majority should make Deathlist in the future. Perhaps just a few celebritys I listed may be in good health currently, but that could all change next week.

I haven't had 2 opinions on any of the individuals that I listed. Besides maybe Phyllis Dyler and Mike Wallace, though both are up in age. I see that you label me as demented, which the only demented one I see is you? I consider you a fake, a complete fraud. I feel your age and location in your profile may both be

false. You say you drink, although of that there is no evidence showing. It could just be your personality? Or perhaps your Deathlist personality?

All the mispelled words, and useless posts, and we must not forget about Cerf Bennet?

Occationally your posts are entertaining Bruno, but i'm rather F*****g annoyed that i've been branded as you, of course others have the freedom to believe whatever they want to believe...

Bruno, you go around and quote nearly all of my posts. So often, that Cowboy Ronnie suspects me of being you. My suggestions are worth reading and a good majority should make Deathlist in the future. Perhaps just a few celebritys I listed may be in good health currently, but that could all change next week.

I haven't had 2 opinions on any of the individuals that I listed. Besides maybe Phyllis Dyler and Mike Wallace, though both are up in age. I see that you label me as demented, which the only demented one I see is you? I consider you a fake, a complete fraud. I feel your age and location in your profile may both be

false. You say you drink, although of that there is no evidence showing. It could just be your personality? Or perhaps your Deathlist personality?

All the mispelled words, and useless posts, and we must not forget about Cerf Bennet?

Occationally your posts are entertaining Bruno, but i'm rather F*****g annoyed that i've been branded as you, of course others have the freedom to believe whatever they want to believe...

Apparently you aren't receiving enough fiber/fibre in your daily food intake...you certainly are in a surly mood right now.

As to my drinkiing, you say that there is no evidence of it...well, since you do not know me personally that is one heck of a broad statement to be making but hey whatever floats your boat old man. I guess I should invest in some DeathList gear so that when you stumble into the Blarney Stone or Bradley's or some other place you will recognize me. Maybe we can meat up at Julius's over on Waverly and 10th or would you prefer Flannery's up on 14th?

As to my location I have indicated a few times that you and I reside supposedly in the same town (New York City) The Brimley Michigan locale shown in my profile was just something I tossed in idly and it was not until afterwards that I learned there really is such a place :blink:

Speaking of fraudulent names, I find it highly unlikely that your family name is Screams or that your given name is Banshees.

Bottom line Bansheeeeeees old man, if you do not wish to read my posts then press the ignore button.

And kindly cease and desist in the P.M. messages.

Beloved tax dodging boffin, Arthur C. Clarke, hits 89 this December. I saw him interviewed in a recent Discovery Channel show and detected a distinct raspy quality in his voice. Flu & the elderly don't mix. :blink:

How about the writer John Mortimer. He's been looking past his best for a while.

What about Sir John Mortimer?

He was in the paper today (Scottish Daily Mail, p55) looking fairly frail and feable.

I Saw John Mortimer on the BBC's "This Week" programme on thursday, he looked pretty shrunken and was in a wheelchair throughout the interview.

John Cole, former BBC Chief Political Correspondent. It seems to me we don't here much of his broad Ulster accent any more. So much more astute than Nick Robinson or Andrew paid up member of the Labour Party Marr

CHRIS MOYLES!?!

PLEASE?? :blink:

CHRIS MOYLES!?!

This is not a wish list

CHRIS MOYLES!?!

This is not a wish list

And besides, isn't there an existing thread for that sort of thing (that I can't be bothered to find and post a link to)?

sorry ¬_¬

didnt realise it would offend people so much if i put it in the wrong thread....

sorry ¬_¬

didnt realise it would offend people so much if i put it in the wrong thread....

Sorry I might have been a wee bit snappy there, but we are looking for serious possibilities for next year. If you are going to post a name you need to give some reasons as to why you think they might die.

There's place for light-heartedness elsewhere and for what it's worth I'm no Chris Moyles fan either but I don't think he's going to die in the forseeable future

Bartholomew Ulufa'alu,former Prime Minister of The Solomon Islands and current finance minister, critically ill.

:lol: