football_fan

Ideas and possibilities for 2007

I mentioned Bernard Manning in deadchat last night.

He turns 76 this year and doesn't look too helthy.

Who might the famous family be? The Kennedys?

The Kennedys are all dead. Unless he is speaking of senator Ted Kennedy who is still living. It would be lovely if the Queen Mother just dropped dead out of the blue, though I assume the Deathlist - committee expects her to live near the age of her mother, who died at 101 year old. It is haunting to think she will be around for so much longer...

Well David Rockefellar is about 90 and Reynolds du Pont born in 1918 is listed as living but I can't find any further information. I'm unsure about his fame.

It would be lovely if the Queen Mother just dropped dead out of the blue

I think the only way this is going to happen is if somebody exhumes the body, takes it up in a plane (or glider or helicopter - hang glider might be tricky) and then pushes it out on a really sunny day over BS's garden. And I would query just how "lovely" that would be.........

It would be lovely if the Queen Mother just dropped dead out of the blue, though I assume the Deathlist - committee expects her to live near the age of her mother, who died at 101 year old. It is haunting to think she will be around for so much longer...

The last Queen Mother died in 2002. There will be no more Queen Mothers in the immediate future unless the Queen abdicates. There will be no Queen Mother in the reign of William because that one is already dead (she could not have been QM anyway).

To end, I don't understand whats so bad about Elizabeth II. Most Britons and Americans (Dianaists) are quite keen to see her survive as long as her mother in order to outlive her son.

It would be lovely if the Queen Mother just dropped dead out of the blue, though I assume the Deathlist - committee expects her to live near the age of her mother, who died at 101 year old. It is haunting to think she will be around for so much longer...

The last Queen Mother died in 2002. There will be no more Queen Mothers in the immediate future unless the Queen abdicates. There will be no Queen Mother in the reign of William because that one is already dead (she could not have been QM anyway).

To end, I don't understand whats so bad about Elizabeth II. Most Britons and Americans (Dianaists) are quite keen to see her survive as long as her mother in order to outlive her son.

I would remove the Royal Family altogether. And just to make sure there's no campaign to get them re-instated, I'd take the precaution of having them all shot. ;)

It would be lovely if the Queen Mother just dropped dead out of the blue

I think the only way this is going to happen is if somebody exhumes the body, takes it up in a plane (or glider or helicopter - hang glider might be tricky) and then pushes it out on a really sunny day over BS's garden. And I would query just how "lovely" that would be.........

I was just going to show off my vocabulary from an optimistic angle but at this very moment i'm thinking to myself..... What would I do if I walked outside and found an 80 year old queen laying dead in my garden?

... Let me think

I would go to the authoritys and say the Queen of England fell from the sky.

I can assure you Banshees, the Queen of England would not be seen dead in your company. ;)

;) offerings to the great unknown in the sky are as follows: Paul Newman, M.Ali, Bermard Manning, and a prominent member of our most famous family. No, I won't say who since my residence in the Tower would be inconvenient at this time. I am still perfecting my timeline research, so I would estimate between 06 and the end of 2007 for these names.

What a stupid f*cking thread it should be merged with the Ideas and Possibilities for 2007.

Complete and utter BOLLOCKS.

[Agreed -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein

Just a thought - Jimmy Carter's mother, brother and sister all died of pancreatic cancer. Any reports of "ill health" for Carter might therefore be worthy of further consideration.

So I was wrong!

I note that IMDB have at some stage updated the entry for Steve Plytas, who played the pissed-up chef in "Fawlty Towers" to state that he died in 1994.

Two names that came to me today,

Clint Walker (79), has not done anything for about 10 years.

John Hillerman (Higgins) 73, the only thing he's done in the last 10 years is a voiceover.

Does anyone know anything about thier health?

Maria Teresa de Filippis, one of only five women to compete in Formula 1 racing and by far the oldest of the four surviving female F1 drivers. Turns 80 this year.

Maria Teresa de Filippis, one of only five women to compete in Formula 1 racing and by far the oldest of the four surviving female F1 drivers. Turns 80 this year.

She'll be here for years, yet MPFC. Incredibly healthy, vigorous ol' gal. She's still at historic events, driving those Ferraris & Maseratis as if she were 25 again.

Good suggestion, but give it 5-7 years at least.

I humble myself before your wisdom Octi, we don't have many of them events in Cumbria. The last time we tried it half the historic cars turned up burnt out down a cul-de-sac although their final moments are enjoyed on mobile phone video clips to this day.

Maybe you should - like - edit her Wikipedia entry and share these facts with the planet.

I humble myself before your wisdom Octi, we don't have many of them events in Cumbria. The last time we tried it half the historic cars turned up burnt out down a cul-de-sac although their final moments are enjoyed on mobile phone video clips to this day.

Maybe you should - like - edit her Wikipedia entry and share these facts with the planet.

I've got no interest in wasting my time with Wikipedia entries.

The information is already on the web anyway: Where Are They Now?

His name is Edward Gough Whitlam, b. July 11th, 1916.

He has been in poor health for the last couple of years, so I definitely think he should be considered for next year's list.

As I couldn't find anywhere else suitable to put this:

Goughy celebrates 90th birthday

Not much on his health, mind, but it seems like the ol' boy can still get out & about, despite being wheelchair bound. He's also attending a wedding this weekend as well.

Not sure if this had been posted anywhere before, but Ratko Mladic, the Serbian war crimes fugitive has been reported as close to death after suffering three stokes.

The news link is a month old and there does not seem to have been any follow up. It must be hard to be "on the run" after such medical stress. I am a little cynical as to the veracity of this report.

Karl Malden.

He's a possibility for this year as well. He was born in 1912 so I feel perhaps a better possibility of carking it than even Eli Wallach <_<

Karl Malden.

He's a possibility for this year as well. He was born in 1912 so I feel perhaps a better possibility of carking it than even Eli Wallach :)

He (Malden) has his own thread and we've mostly agreed that he's looking fine for his age.

Richard Widmark might be the old timer to watch out for so I've heard (in that thread too no less).

Saw a picture of Alan 'Fluff' Freeman in the Mail on Sunday...hmmm looks ancient.

Plus he's in a wheelchair and recently had an operation on his jaw. Oh and he has

arthritis.

Not 'arf dead death-pickers!