football_fan

Ideas and possibilities for 2007

Calm down, DbF! You're doing great! Welcome to the DL, by the way. :D

Sorry I've just seen the thread further down. I am an idiot that cannot check the forum posts correctly and does not know how to type Magnus Magnusson correctly in the search field.

Don't worry, we all make mistakes when we start. For weeks back in early 2005 I was under the impression the Grim Reaper was - like - the real one!

Welcome aboard DBF, go well.

In my trawls through the web I ran across Hiroo Onoda, one of those Japanese men who soldiered on for decennia after the war. I remember when he was found and apparently he's still alive. DL material? DDP?

regards,

Hein

In my trawls through the web I ran across Hiroo Onoda, one of those Japanese men who soldiered on for decennia after the war. I remember when he was found and apparently he's still alive. DL material? DDP?

regards,

Hein

ACK!

I've been hiding that one on my list since like, March. No health news, but his movement has been decreased in recent years.

He wasn't on my top 20, but he was on my top 30.

I have so few secrets left now. :)

Ayatollah Ali Meshkini, the leader of the Assembly of Experts in Iran, is reported in this article to be about to step down due to "rapidly deteriorating health"

Meshkini is reportedly afflicted with an advanced form of cancer and has been undergoing chemotherapy for several months. He is described as "frail and emaciated"

Dubious fame credentials, I know, but he should get a UK obit. :)

Another political leader not in the best of health is the President of Fiji.

Josefa Iloilo, he's 86 in december and suffers from Parkinson's disease.

Guest Iceman

Bruce Forsythe

Queen Elizabeth

Charles Taylor, the former Liberian dictator, currently awaiting trial for war crimes in The Hague, is experiencing deteriorating health according to this rather vague article.

Slobodan Milosevic didn't enjoy life there either and died. I wonder if Charles Taylor might do the same? :)

I would not take his word for it. About this time last year, Dana Reeve, who was also suffering from lung cancer said exactly the same thing, causing me to drop her name from my 2006 list. But sure enough, she was dead within a couple of months. :huh:

More on Parsons

Well if his doctor says it's clear, that's enough for me. But then not all doctors are to be trusted... :)

Charles Taylor, the former Liberian dictator, currently awaiting trial for war crimes in The Hague, is experiencing deteriorating health according to this rather vague article.

Slobodan Milosevic didn't enjoy life there either and died. I wonder if Charles Taylor might do the same? :huh:

I'm certain we have a few cells left for Gerneral Pinochet and Bariness Thatcher and other third world ex-dictators.

regards,

Hein

Just been chatting to somebody about Franz Alt - one of the founders of the Association for Computing Machinery.

He is now 96.

Would he be worth considering?

Slobodan Milosevic didn't enjoy life there either and died. I wonder if Charles Taylor might do the same? :huh:

Re Taylor; F*****g hope so, he's a WDP pick of mine on that basis. Not too old so he'd be a good call if and when.

Re Tempus's writer spot above can't find a date of death. I've commented time and again hereabouts, writers seem to go on and on.

Captors say he's fine and the Italians have a record of coughing up ransoms, he may well live to discuss it.

if he was British.......

Captors say he's fine and the Italians have a record of coughing up ransoms, he may well live to discuss it.

if he was British.......

Talking about that, how many of you have seen the Ken Bigley killing and do you think it was genuine.

I have my doubts - one, if you were being cut with a knife, from your throat to the back of your neck, your legs would twitch somewhat, even if people were on you.

Also, you'd be panicking, heart beating fast and blood would squirt everywhere.

And, when they lift his head in the air, ther eis just not enough blood.

Personally, I think he died first - either bullet or natural causes - and then they beheaded him...

Hack

I share your concerns about the Bigley video although the mob don't move much from shot to shot where it's been edited I'm guessing there's a few minutes of footage edited out and the follow on is staged a bit. Crass as it sounds I think they've cut out killing him more humanely, and started filming a dead body. Sick as it sounds it was probably the jihad equivalent of a cameraman saying summat like;

'Alright chaps, I'll just spool back, Abdul dear, you're more to the left, right hand up and keep that knife in shot, alright, I want lots of cheering and hoist that head high, coming back on three, two, one.......

Wendy Ainscow , suicide pact survivor and - therefore - in/famous and subject to news coverage. Still struggling to cope with her daughter and up to her old tricks. We've got some ethical problems and - potentially - some ranter fire, but she may well get there in 2007 and we wouldn't want to miss the points party if she did, would we?

Wendy Ainscow , suicide pact survivor and - therefore - in/famous and subject to news coverage. Still struggling to cope with her daughter and up to her old tricks. We've got some ethical problems and - potentially - some ranter fire, but she may well get there in 2007 and we wouldn't want to miss the points party if she did, would we?

I really feel this one should be left alone. It's a sad story, she's not famous and yes MPFC your instincts were right but you just couldn't let it lie.

I could have let it lie, but I wouldn't let it lie and.........aye, fair point Godot.