Sign in to follow this  
Banshees Scream

The Unwritten Rules...argue About Them Here

It's not rocket science - don't insult anyone with out any good reason and you will be fine. Do not send any threatening PM's and you will be fine.

Windsor are you trying to be sarcastic or are you just speaking in general?

Speaking in general, Banshees.

Bou: Rocket Surgery? :D

It's not rocket science - don't insult anyone with out any good reason and you will be fine. Do not send any threatening PM's and you will be fine.

Windsor are you trying to be sarcastic or are you just speaking in general?

Speaking in general, Banshees.

Bou: Rocket Surgery? :D

I think that's similar to Brain Science.

How about keeping aruguments about policy away from the main content of other threads?

If you have anything to say about where a post should go or whether any particular posterouught to have a mega-wrist slapping, then say so here.

I don't suppose anyone will listen, but that isn't really the point, is it?

Please merge this with the existing rant thread. :D

That is a possibility. But think about it HOS: there has recently been quite a large amount of discussion (between members, not "irate visitors") which hardly comes into the "rant" category but which gets in the way of the real business of the forum.

This is intended as a place to put that discussion.

I'm considering to move existing posts that debate the Unwritten Rules to this topic. I can't say I'm keen to do the searching.

Besides, there's something strange about a written discussion of the Unwritten Rules. :D

regards,

Hein

Having scaled down my forum activity to DL-CON 1 I have been exempt from the majority of the shite that has enveloped the boards.

As the rant thread is only going to be used by those that follow the rules, in the first place, I think the merge is a wise one.

DL and discussion don't seem to be compatible anymore. :D

... there's something strange about a written discussion of the Unwritten Rules. :old:

:D True. But it happens, all the same.

I'm considering to move existing posts that debate the Unwritten Rules to this topic. I can't say I'm keen to do the searching.

Besides, there's something strange about a written discussion of the Unwritten Rules. :D

regards,

Hein

There was a previous thread created by Banshees in which the main focus was a discussion about DL's unwritten rules. I have merged this thread with that one.

Regards,

ff

Besides, there's something strange about a written discussion of the Unwritten Rules. :party:

A good example for the irony thread perhaps? :party:

I have been tirelessly working to reduce your warn level from 40% to zero, but I fear your rehabilitation is not quite complete.

You will remain on 10% for "conduct unbecoming to a gentleman" :P

Dunno what this is all about but I know a split infinitive when I see one. Should that merit a warning?

That isn't a spilt infinitive Godot.

"Been tirelessly working" can't be a split infinitive, for the simple reason that it isn't an infinitive. It is a past tense of some sort.

"To tirelessly work" (or "to boldly go") would be a split infinitive, but according to Fowler, it's permissible if the alternative, "to work tirelessly" sounds too clumsy. Which it doesn't. So it isn't.

This is the true stuff of deathlist.net. Everything else is a deluge of crap. :D

I still think we should take more care with adverbs.