Ivor Cutler has died

Which is a great shame.

Unless you had him in your DDP and Deadlypool teams.

chuckle.

But... but... you're a moderator! Certainly you've noticed that this death has been mentioned in two separate threads! But there was no need to start... *tweak*

Ivor Cutler has died

Which is a great shame.

Unless you had him in your DDP and Deadlypool teams.

chuckle.

But... but... you're a moderator! Certainly you've noticed that this death has been mentioned in two separate threads! But there was no need to start... *tweak*

He hardly warrants his own thread, he was rather obscure to say the least.

I thought it would have been, but I am / was a huge fan of Cutlers work, I had him in both of my deadpool teams and wantd to get the 'Death in a Scotch Sitting Room' pun up on the board.

I thought it would have been, but I am / was a huge fan of Cutlers work, I had him in both of my deadpool teams and wantd to get the 'Death in a Scotch Sitting Room' pun up on the board.

Perhaps you didn't notice my new avatar. Sigismund organized a crusade against the Turks, and he can easily organize one against the mods. As Sigismund himself once said,

"I am the king of the Romans, and am superior to grammar."

You know what that means.

He'll recruit BS to his side. You haven't a chance! :lol:

Ivor Cutler would have made a model deathlister. I would be very happy if we were to make him our patron saint.

I used to see him quite a bit, pottering around on his bike. It was when I noticed that the graffiti at Tufnell Park Underground station had lost its usual surreal genius that I figured he may have been on the way out.

By the way, do I get the bonus point in the H'pool D'pool for his being a drummer (Privilege 1983 Rough Trade Records)

No, Sir. You are wrong. He was a cult figure to 3 generations as a writer, singer and performer. Put it this way, even my mum liked him. She would have never heard of, say, Ross Davidson.

No, Sir. You are wrong. He was a cult figure to 3 generations as a writer, singer and performer. Put it this way, even my mum liked him. She would have never heard of, say, Ross Davidson.

He was a pretty obscure cult figure his work hardly sold in great numbers.

Whereas Che Guevara would be a worldwide cult figure, Ivor is more on a par with say, Wilf Lunn.

I completely agree with you regarding Ross Davidson, he really is a talentless nobody.

Wilf Lunn is an ertsatz eccentric whereas Ivor Cutler was the real thing, original, quirky, different. Jeffrey Archer's work sells in great numbers. Archer is to literature what Argos is to the high street. Cutler was the equivalent to the old curiosity shop whereas most of the people who get threads on this site are like those shops you see everywhere like GAP and Millets. It's like measuring talent in the Deathlist by the number of post's you have made. Cutler was a one off.

By the way, do I get the bonus point in the H'pool D'pool for his being a drummer (Privilege 1983 Rough Trade Records)

Oh, I missed that! Send me a link, and I'll update the scoreboard accordingly. That'd be another 4 points.

Oh, I missed that! Send me a link, and I'll update the scoreboard accordingly. That'd be another 4 points.

http://www.issue.demon.co.uk/poetry/cutler...rd/releases.htm

He also taught African drumming

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,60-2072691,00.html

Wilf Lunn is an ertsatz eccentric whereas Ivor Cutler was the real thing, original, quirky, different. Jeffrey Archer's work sells in great numbers. Archer is to literature what Argos is to the high street. Cutler was the equivalent to the old curiosity shop whereas most of the people who get threads on this site are like those shops you see everywhere like GAP and Millets. It's like measuring talent in the Deathlist by the number of post's you have made. Cutler was a one off.

I agree G, but Anti intellectual poet?

He would not have been liked by the mods on here.

Ivor - F**k off,your cluttering up the forum!

"Your cluttering up the forum!", I think not.

Your guttering, upon the forum, maybe.

"Your cluttering up the forum!", I think not.

Your guttering, upon the forum, maybe.

:crossbone::rolleyes::)

Guest Guest

About 30 years ago I won some competition that John Peel was running. I asked for either Black Hole Star by the Neutrons (what the hell was that?) or an Ivor Cutler album. Needless to say I received neither and made no attempt to purchase them.

A few weeks ago I saw an Ivor Cutler album and I bought it. I wondered if he were still alive. I now believe that this thought may have contributed to his death.

About 30 years ago I won some competition that John Peel was running. I asked for either Black Hole Star by the Neutrons (what the hell was that?) or an Ivor Cutler album. Needless to say I received neither and made no attempt to purchase them.

A few weeks ago I saw an Ivor Cutler album and I bought it. I wondered if he were still alive. I now believe that this thought may have contributed to his death.

Dont beat yourself up - Ivor wouldnt care.(More royalties anyway)

Really feel bad? Graffiti Tufnell Park tube station -then have a beer in the Boston Arms.

Really feel bad? Graffiti Tufnell Park tube station -then have a beer in the Boston Arms.

I posted last night's lament above as a guest by mistake. Anyway, what did his graffiti have to say? This is intriguing.

I posted last night's lament above as a guest by mistake. Anyway, what did his graffiti have to say? This is intriguing.

He'd affix stickers to advertisements, most of which were truly peculiar. "Funny Smell" was a favourite of mine. "Buy two of these and throw one away" was another.

There's a new Ivor Cutler doco from STV on Sky Arts this coming Tuesday at 10:00 pm. KT Tunstall presenting.