Guest iain

Larry King

8 minutes ago, Vinegar Tits said:

While I don't wish him ill, he's a goner because I was *this* close to putting him on my list and then didn't at the last minute. Mark Eden was the same and look what happened there. So, sorry for dooming you Larry.

Any chance you thought about having Trump and then deciding against.....

Yeah, I'm surprised he didn't make the main DL this year, considering all the health issues he's battled, on top of his advanced age.  

But I admit, I didn't really think about him either.  

This isn't a new hospitalization, either. He's been in the hospital for a week. 

Have to wonder, why announce it now?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Whitehouse said:

Give it a week...

I’ll give it a couple hours 

2 hours ago, Man About The Forum said:

If Larry King dies, which isn't unlikely, then it would be a quiet year for him to be the biggest miss of it.

Only Gorbachev and Jerry Lee Lewis  are really at his level and in similar poor health.  Maybe Desmond Tutu as I am convinced he is going this year. Someone A-List but not known to be in poor health is not a miss.

This doesn't look good- still one never knows, where there's life there's hope! I have a bad feeling about it , because they are suddenly putting him in the news after all of that time in the hospital!

I've forgot who's on the list but I assume Larry King is on it? Hit no 1 coming up ! :D

edit..he doesn't appear to be on the list. How can that be ??????????:facepalm:

BBC has the news along with every  major news network. Must be expecting the worst at any time...https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55519403 First really big death of 2021 ?

10 days in the hospital? That pretty much means that its very likely that he is close to pass from it. Would take a mircale for him to survive. 

When TMZ reported that his estranged wife was told by his doctors that he was "dying", I believed it.  TMZ doesn't get crap like that wrong.  He was probably fortunate to see 2021 as it is, and now you add this?  Maybe he still has a miracle in him yet, but this doesn't look good.  

51 minutes ago, Jimmy Conway said:

If he goes, is it the biggest COVID death yet?

It would be in America, for sure.  Yeah, he was already on borrowed time for his heart issues, but this will make it an even earlier death, assuming he does succumb to it.

4 hours ago, Jimmy Conway said:

If he goes, is it the biggest COVID death yet?

Absolutely not, there’s Giscard !

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

This isn't a new hospitalization, either. He's been in the hospital for a week. 

Have to wonder, why announce it now?

They wanted to screw over the deathlist. Can't see him talking himself out of this one.

13 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Only Gorbachev and Jerry Lee Lewis  are really at his level and in similar poor health.  Maybe Desmond Tutu as I am convinced he is going this year. Someone A-List but not known to be in poor health is not a miss.

Gorbachev is about a hundred rungs higher, surely? I'd imagine the average Brit* or Italian would know who he was, which can't be said for Larry.

*In reality, I dread to think just how few people in the UK know who Gorbachev is these days...

• Like 1

Larry was a pretty late cut for my teams. I thought that a man who has proven so resilient, would also survive the latest crisis. Well, I didn't know of the COVID, of course. 

• Like 1

All of THAT ^^^ what @gcreptile said.... he was also one of the last 2 or 3 I cut, having NO idea about COVID.  I had a crazy 90-minute research throw-a-team-together list this year, so unlike most anyone's.  
I have a sneaking suspicion Biz Markie (stroke and heart attack inside of 7 months, at about 60 years old) is on his way .out - and included him on my home DP team.  He was a hard name to cut, cuz we are all looking for an edge (and people under 80).  Ditto Pat Martino.  Joyce Miller-Nadler I felt wouldn't QO, but I liked her.  I doubt Bill Freehan will QO, but hey.  

List of about 8 late cut names: Larry King, Pat Martino, Biz Markie, Paul Westphal, Bunny Wailer, Vincente Fernandez (no way he QOs), Tim Bilton, Jimmy Carter, Harry Reid, Ronnie Atkins (no way he QOs).  I haven't looked but I dont' believe under the new rules Andrea Swift should be allowed and I will be disappointed if she was.  
SC

6 minutes ago, DeathClock said:

No family is allowed if he has Covid

Exceptions are made in some cases when the person is dying so long as the family member/s wear full PPE  AFAIK

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Exceptions are made in some cases when the person is dying so long as the family member/s wear full PPE  AFAIK

True - and remember he is in a private hospital in the USA with the money for family to buy full PPE to wear.

19 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Any chance you thought about having Trump and then deciding against.....

Sadly no. LIke Murdoch, the bad don't die young. Look how long I've had Ken Bates on my personal DDP list.

• Haha 2