Guest iain

Larry King

I’m just trying to process the fact that I only included him on my Shadow List and DBN. No DDP, no Hartlepool, nothing. Je suis numpty.

• Facepalm 1

One of h I s best interviews....

I think he was happy, if he died by Covid. Because this way, he still was a part of THE major news story.

I think he would have been disappointed had it been another heart attack, for example.

• Like 2

Personally, I think Terry Wogan had a much better talkshow. 

Big miss. He's a true icon, at least here in the states. RIP

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Mischief Girl said:

I am SCREAMING in my house right now.  I didn't have him on my list and I thought about him and I don't know WHY I didn't put him on.  ARRRGH!!! 

I am so mad at myself right now!

I loved his show.  Actually got to speak to him once when I called in a question.

Don't worry every is bad at this when they first start.

1 hour ago, TomTomTelekom said:

wow, that surprises me a little bit after he was discharged from hospital. RIP and definetely big miss:

https://www.rt.com/usa/507925-larry-king-dies-hospital/

He was never discharged. He was a goner from the start and would have been a goner anyway this year. Shocking miss from DL, which also missed Carlos Menem.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Sad how he lost two of his children during the last six months of his life.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Shocked 2

Considering the Forum we are posting in, easily the biggest miss that will be 2021.  Maybe the 2020s when we look back.  Stupidity amok.  
SirC

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

On 19/01/2021 at 00:17, CoffinLodger said:

He'll make it to his 90's I reckon.Congrats to the committee for not putting him on this years list.Would have been a wasted slot ! 

My powers of prediction never fail me... :mellow:

Death of a true broadcasting legend. R.I.P :(

Oh well, at least he hung on long enough to see the back of Trump, and before another one of his kids died..The last year or so of his life can't have been much fun !  If it wasn't for covid he could have had the most showbiz funeral in history with all his mates in Hollywood and politics ! 

Second DL "miss" this year after Phil Spector.

In danger of sounding like a perpetual moan, but I said this on Jan 1st and I reckon I'll be vindicated come December – it's a crap list.

Favouring healthy 90-something year olds over ill 80-something year olds is a stupid policy that should have been binned years ago and never repeated but there are too many users on here who parrot the "they're too big not to include" line. Thus you end up with a useless list, few hits, and then the same people saying "QEII, Lansbury etc. are too big to miss" complain that we missed King. (I'm allowed to complain cos he was on my shadow list :P)

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Mischief Girl said:

I am SCREAMING in my house right now.  I didn't have him on my list and I thought about him and I don't know WHY I didn't put him on.  ARRRGH!!! 

I am so mad at myself right now!

I loved his show.  Actually got to speak to him once when I called in a question.

I expect you to attend his funeral, screaming;

WHY DID YOU HAVE TO DIE!

I DIDN'T HAVE YOU ON MY LIST!!

I'M SO MAD AT MYSELF!!

Some obvious misses were pointed out since it came out. Larry was the most obvious (already seriously ill with heart issues late last year, and had lost two children), Carlos Menem (quite easy punt) and Gorbachev (has been ill for years and years) are two other awful absences. I feel Desmond Tutu should have been on the list, he has suffered from cancer for a very long time, was close to death many times and COVID is sweeping South Africa and Jiang Zemin should have been on it too (years and years of heart disease, close to death at least twice, long absence from the political scene...).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Whitehouse said:

I expect you to attend his funeral, screaming;

WHY DID YOU HAVE TO DIE!

I DIDN'T HAVE YOU ON MY LIST!!

I'M SO MAD AT MYSELF!!

Damn straight!  His death is, after all, all about ME.

It sucks to see your kids die before you, and it sucks to linger and decline for months/years on end.  I work in skilled nursing, so I know this to be true.  I'm glad for him that he's released of earthly cares and woes. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, drol said:

Some obvious misses were pointed out since it came out. Larry was the most obvious (already seriously ill with heart issues late last year, and had lost two children), Carlos Menem (quite easy punt) and Gorbachev (has been ill for years and years) are two other awful absences. I feel Desmond Tutu should have been on the list, he has suffered from cancer for a very long time, was close to death many times and COVID is sweeping South Africa and Jiang Zemin should have been on it too (years and years of heart disease, close to death at least twice, long absence from the political scene...).

Carlos Menem took another turn for the worse a few days ago so keep an eye on that...

19 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Second DL "miss" this year after Phil Spector.

In danger of sounding like a perpetual moan, but I said this on Jan 1st and I reckon I'll be vindicated come December – it's a crap list.

Favouring healthy 90-something year olds over ill 80-something year olds is a stupid policy that should have been binned years ago and never repeated but there are too many users on here who parrot the "they're too big not to include" line. Thus you end up with a useless list, few hits, and then the same people saying "QEII, Lansbury etc. are too big to miss" complain that we missed King. (I'm allowed to complain cos he was on my shadow list :P)

What he said

Don Rickles, Regis Philbin, and now Larry King have all gone. Three good friends until the end.

• Like 1

A terrible miss, much like everyone else who dies. :rolleyes:

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

I must be the only one who has no knowledge of this person at all.

• Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, Toast said:

I must be the only one who has no knowledge of this person at all.

Even I know this one Toasty :evil2:

Hit #2 for me. :)