Guest Paul Acworth

Reg Varney -On The Buses & Jack Smethurst Love Thy

Hi, does anyone know what Reg Varney is up to at the minute? I no he must be hitting ninty this year, is he a good choice for the 2006 deathlist? If anyone knows where hes living and if hes ill, please let me know.

Emma x

[Now merged with existing thread - suggestion: use search facility before starting new thread - DWB]

Hi, does anyone know what Reg Varney is up to at the minute? I no he must be hitting ninty this year, is he a good choice for the 2006 deathlist? If anyone knows where hes living and if hes ill, please let me know.

Emma x

[Now merged with existing thread - suggestion: use search facility before starting new thread - DWB]

Emma, the names for 2006 have already been decided upon. have you checked out the forum for the 2006 names? If you'd like to suggest someone for 2007 there is a thread to do that.

Guest Guest

ANNA KAREN WHO PLAYED OLIVE IN ON THE BUSES IS ALIVE AND WELL AND HAS RECENTLY BEEN IN EASTENDERS, AS PEGGY MITCHELL'S SISTER, IN HER 60'S NOW.

ROB

LONDON

Thank you ROB of LONDON, almost managed to get into the spirit of the DL there if only you'd turned up and reported that somebody famous was seriously ill rather than showing no signs of anything more troubling than a cold. Still, thanks for popping by but try not to shout next time, I'm only over here you know.

Toodle pip

Reg Varney is very, very ill.

He's been licking windows in an old people's home for the past 20 years or so.

I presume he spends his day dribbling and soiling himself.

A sad end for a great comic actor.

Guest Himler

Has he considered running for the Lib Dem leadership? ;)

We need to move this thread to a new page so I don't have to look at that picture a few posts up every time I check this thread.

I'm not easily disturbed, but that works just fine. :lol:

We need to move this thread to a new page so I don't have to look at that picture a few posts up every time I check this thread.

I'm not easily disturbed, but that works just fine. :lol:

But doesn't that pose sum up the soon-to-be coalition between the Canadian Conservatives and their Government partners?!? :flame:

I suppose I really should have seen that coming.... where's Dr. Hackenslash to threaten you with nudity again? :lol:

I suppose I really should have seen that coming.... where's Dr. Hackenslash to threaten you with nudity again? :lol:

No, it's a bit cold today.

I wouldn't be doing myself justice.

In fact, if it gets much colder, I'll be altering the theory of relativity.

Because I'll have negative length...

Guest Joe

Reg Varney has not been 'licking windows' for 20 years. Here he is, looking distressed at the fact you're all discussing his impending death...

aevarney.jpg

Guest Himler (Still Only A Guest)

I nearly pissed myself laughing, I thought you wrote "Licking Widows"

I think that kind of Freudian slip probably explains why I am drawn to this site.

:crossbone:

Guest Himler (Still Only A Guest)

I always though on the Buses was pathetic as the idea that two geriatric old scrotums like Reg & Jack could get off with young busty "Clippies" somewhat beyond belief. :crossbone:

Any idea which old people's home?

This should help.

He lives in Malta and Dartmouth, apparently...

Reg Varney "Butler" Bio

This should help.

He lives in Malta and Dartmouth, apparently...

Reg Varney "Butler" Bio

So we're meant to believe that he's fit enough to travel between the two places then

So we're meant to believe that he's fit enough to travel between the two places then

Yes, that's got me puzzled too.

I thought I'd heard he was no longer in control of his mind and body.

But I must have heard wrong.

Then again, the site in question is a fan site and is hardly going to say that the great Stan Butler now lives in his own filth in a nut-house, is it?

krankies7qm.gif

I couldn't even be arsed to look at the rest of the thread. After a half-bottle of Lamb's Navy Rum, that's more than enough to make me object. Objection, you honour! :pop:

Yes, that's got me puzzled too.

I thought I'd heard he was no longer in control of his mind and body.

But I must have heard wrong.

Then again, the site in question is a fan site and is hardly going to say that the great Stan Butler now lives in his own filth in a nut-house, is it?

Yes that's true

if he can be in malta and the west country at the same time, then why doesn't he just move to bloody brinsworh house - every other bugger on this list seems to be going there...

i saw anna karen picking up her dry cleaning in woodford a while back, and she won't be long for this world the way she waltzes out into the traffic without looking.

they should try and get old reg to tickle the 88's for them. if he's a bit doddery they can always claim he's not out of time, just avant-garde.

anyway, after seeing anna karen in these parts a few weeks back, i saw bloody kate williams today while i was waiting for a bus. she's another old dear who'll get herself hit&run'd if she's not too careful. what is it about this part of essex? she's been a bit more high profile than jack smethurst of late, what with her music hall nights in local theatres and hanging around family affairs until it was cancelled. if you could tempt rudolph walker away from eastenders, it's be interesting to have him & kate in a sit-com as a couple, with her ex Jack living next door.

and whatever did happen to nina baden-semple?

Reg Varney was 90 on Tuesday (11th).

Pulphack, I think you mean Baden-Semper. She's still acting, mostly on stage.