Col.Smudge

Bernard Cribbins

With time working its fatal charms on the "Carry On" crew, I have to wonder why Bernard Cribbins hasn't gleaned a mention here yet.

"Speaker for the Wombles" and talented vocalist behind such musical classics as "Right Said Fred" and "Gossip Calypso" and another one about exercise being good for you, which name escapes me... he's clocking in at a respectable 78 years old and, given the unexpected fatality that Carry On stardom carries, he may be a safe bet for the near future.

• Like 1

as far as I know, Bernard Cribbins is quite healthy and constantly working.

Probably not a DL possibility for a couple of years

quite healthy and constantly working

I'm not suggesting BC as a deathlister just yet but several people who were quite healthy and constantly working - like James Hunt - do keel over without warning. Be kinda fitting if he, like, dropped dead on Wimbledon Common.

as far as I know, Bernard Cribbins is quite healthy and constantly working.

Probably not a DL possibility for a couple of years

The trouble with all these new threads, like this one and the Michael Crawford one the Jack Nicholson one and the Sean Connery one, is that they are Stupid.

None of these people have serious health problems ,neither are they that old.

On the basis on which these threads were started you could start hundreds more about similar people, which would really clutter the forum up with dross.

I'm perfectly calm, the rum has seen to that.

Maybe I'll start 20 new threads along the lines of this one to prove my point.

Rum? My goodness, do people still drink that? Aside from 15-year-olds, I mean.

I hope you're drinking it as part of a cocktail, preferrably one with a paper umbrella and fruit juices.

I believe what TF is suggesting, is that perhaps this should be moved to the 'Ideas and Possibilities' thread.

The trouble with all these new threads, like this one and the Michael Crawford one the Jack Nicholson one and the Sean Connery one, is that they are Stupid.

On the basis on which these threads were started you could start hundreds more about similar people, which would really clutter the forum up with dross.

Sort of half almost true but not quite right Tempus. As you know Tom, er, I mean SEAN Connery had his kidney tumor deal to deal with recently and we the people are not yet sure whether or not he will ever really truly recover from this. You see, once something starts to go wrong with the kidney(s) it is essentially a death sentence. Add you to this that he is also well past 70 now aNd if memory serves correctly he is now past 75 which I believe on many actuarial tables is shown as beyond the expected life span of men.

Other than that, I must admit this particulare thread was an utter waste and belonged itself in the possible croakers for 2007. What galls me even more however is that Corporal Smudge (I demotted him) made this their initial (and as of now, ONLY, post). I believe the moderators/admions shoiuld install a system where there is a 10 post minimun before one can start a new topic.

Rum? My goodness, do people still drink that? Aside from 15-year-olds, I mean.

I hope you're drinking it as part of a cocktail, preferrably one with a paper umbrella and fruit juices.

I believe what TF is suggesting, is that perhaps this should be moved to the 'Ideas and Possibilities' thread.

Rum is for people who want to drink when they feel the need to neither a) get drunk or :banghead: prove their machoness by chugging the strongest/most disgusting thing they can find.

A good rum and coke can calm the nerves.

A good rum and coke can calm the nerves.

why ruin the delicious smoothness and flavor of rum with such an adulterous source as a cheap cola which tastes eerily similar to J&B scotch? No, I take my rum straight and naturally I drink only the finest which comes from the islands. 00575.jpg

Waas wondering..........did this man Cribbins play cribbage? Did he cribbage with Babbage or while chewing on cabbage?

Bernard was on the Doctor Who pointless special on Saturday and despite having to sit down between rounds showed that he had all his marbles by turning in a winning performance.

Bernard was on the Doctor Who pointless special on Saturday and despite having to sit down between rounds showed that he had all his marbles by turning in a winning performance.

Still going strong, he's pretty much a national treasure but has never seemed to let it go to his head :)

Sort of half almost true but not quite right Tempus. As you know Tom, er, I mean SEAN Connery had his kidney tumor deal to deal with recently and we the people are not yet sure whether or not he will ever really truly recover from this. You see, once something starts to go wrong with the kidney(s) it is essentially a death sentence. Add you to this that he is also well past 70 now aNd if memory serves correctly he is now past 75 which I believe on many actuarial tables is shown as beyond the expected life span of men.

Other than that, I must admit this particulare thread was an utter waste and belonged itself in the possible croakers for 2007. What galls me even more however is that Corporal Smudge (I demotted him) made this their initial (and as of now, ONLY, post). I believe the moderators/admions shoiuld install a system where there is a 10 post minimun before one can start a new topic.

I agree about the minimum '10 posts before starting a thread' scenario, Col. Smudge should really be earning his stripes on DL before waving his rifle about, firing threads at us all, who are toiling away in the Death List jungle. :shoot2:

As for the kidney's comment, I had a kidney stone a few years ago and I was in f**king agony, I remember at one point wishing death upon me, just for some bloody pain relief!

I've made a full recovery now, so may be I have escaped the 'grip of death' that kidney trouble brings, I wonder if it's because I asked the big man to bring it on and he just bottled and moved onto someone else. :smileyd:

Guest Guest

I could have sworn that Bernard Cribbons died last month... :huh:

I could have sworn that Bernard Cribbons died last month... :huh:

but Bernard Cribbins is alive and well.

• Like 1

Guest Guest

seems I got him mixed up with Richard Briers.They do look very similar

No they don't!

Pass that fucking spray.

Pointless P.B

I tried that "Stay Hard" spray in my youth and it was utterly fucking useless.

Its our age.

Pass that fucking spray.

Pointless P.B

Its our age.

I misread youth for mouth there :lol:

• Like 1

Pass that fucking spray.

Pointless P.B

Its our age.

I misread youth for mouth there :lol:

Hey, you may be onto something Toastie!

Rebrand and repackage a "Stay Hard oral spray for lesbians"

The shelves of Ann Summers would be cleared of the stuff within a day. :)

• Haha 1

Pass that fucking spray.

Would Mace not do?

No they don't!

It is easy to tell them apart. Bernard is the one that is breathing.

• Like 2