Col.Smudge

Bernard Cribbins

14 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

He has been spotted on the set of Doctor Who today. He looks frail and is using a wheelchair but is obviously still well enough to film scenes.

You beat me to it by ten minutes. Just go through the "Wilf" tag on Twitter over the next week and you'll see pictures and videos because Doctor Who fans will get that shot.

• Thanks 1

This makes me more excited than David Tennant returning, tbh. Cribbins doing TV again. Bloody hell.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

He has been spotted on the set of Doctor Who today. He looks frail and is using a wheelchair but is obviously still well enough to film scenes.

Just because he is filming in a wheel chair does not mean that he is having to use one away from filming, does it!!!!

As for frail, what the fuck do you expect a 93 year old to be?

Fucking hell.

9 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Just because he is filming in a wheel chair does not mean that he is having to use one away from filming, does it!!!!

As for frail, what the fuck do you expect a 93 year old to be?

Fucking hell.

Perhaps he’s just lazy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's probably a precaution, like when they sometimes make you use a wheelchair leaving hospital.

They won't want him falling over, or someone knocking him over, so they'll play safe.

37 minutes ago, Toast said:

It's probably a precaution, like when they sometimes make you use a wheelchair leaving hospital.

They won't want him falling over, or someone knocking him over, so they'll play safe.

I think - and I could be wrong here - the wheelchair is for the character, as he's seemingly playing a much older Wilf than last time, and the character was already older than Bernard Cribbins himself iirc. 

But even so, he's a very old national treasure, so the production will be taking great care with him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stuart Beck said:

Currently in hospital!!!!

Twitter

I sadly think He must be quite unwell for that type of letter to be sent. 

7 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

I sadly think He must be quite unwell for that type of letter to be sent. 

I fear that is going to be a similar situation to what happened to Howard Attfield in 2007, who was also filming for Doctor Who as Donna's male parental figure before he died.

• Shocked 1

All i've seen is this and can't find anything else:

But then i'm also seeing posts he is still filming Doctor Who scenes.

1 minute ago, Thatcher said:

Dead aged 93

Damn you. Beat me to it. 

We'll shortly have all the arseholes  experts moaning and asking why he wasn't on the list. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Well at least the committee got this one right .... yes, he's on the list ...... Oh, he isn''t? Paul Bearer says he ISN'T on the list? :facepalm: Oh good grief! Not going too well for the committee at the moment ........ 4 :scratchhead:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

52 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

We'll shortly have all the arseholes  experts moaning and asking why he wasn't on the list. 

Oh look, it’s Mystic Paul:

5 minutes ago, Wickerman said:

Well at least the committee got this one right .... yes, he's on the list ...... Oh, he isn''t? Paul Bearer says he ISN'T on the list? :facepalm: Oh good grief! Not going too well for the committee at the moment ........ 4 :scratchhead:

Just now, Youth in Asia said:

Why wasn't he on the list?

1E86860E-0EAA-4F8B-8BA3-199DD4B983C4.thumb.jpeg.b655966891ef7ca146004c69ae964e79.jpeg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Youth in Asia said:

Why wasn't he on the list?

He was not on the DDP drop 40 and he was not on the crowdsourced list

He has been working during the year including filming the 60th Anniversary Episode of Doctor Who - he did lose his wife at the end of 2021 but seemed in reasonable health. I think he would have been included in the 2023 list if he had survived

I understand totally why he was not on the list

• Like 2

More to the point why did the 10th Doctor never go back in time to Wimbledon Common in the 1970s! That would have been epic.

:(

About as sad as it's possible to be for a man in his 90s going. Farewell Mr Cribbins. You were fantastic.

• Like 10