Guest iain

Peter Sallis

I wonder if I should suggest Peter Sallis as a possible candidate for next years list? He does look remarkably well for an eighty-nine year old...But, then again, you never know...

You may suggest all that you wish for, however, the chances of the relevant people listening and acting upon it is about as likely as Windsor falling in love with me and begging me to elope with him to Cumbria...or summat.

Basically, no fucking chance.

I wonder if I should suggest Peter Sallis as a possible candidate for next years list? He does look remarkably well for an eighty-nine year old...But, then again, you never know...

You may suggest all that you wish for, however, the chances of the relevant people listening and acting upon it is about as likely as Windsor falling in love with me and begging me to elope with him to Cumbria...or summat.

Never say never!

Never say never!

I'm up for it if he is... ;)

• Like 1

Never say never!

I'm up for it if he is... :wub:

Im certainly wouldnt consider out of hand the possibility that a same sex relationship may be less aggro and, ultimately, lead to my long term happiness.

Keep the thought Winny! :)

Never say never!

I'm up for it if he is... :)

Im certainly wouldnt consider out of hand the possibility that a same sex relationship may be less aggro and, ultimately, lead to my long term happiness.

You think having a relationship with a man would be LESS AGGRO? Are you mental? Oh yes, you support Tottenham. Mental and gay :wub:

Never say never!

I'm up for it if he is... :)

You think having a relationship with a man would be LESS AGGRO? Are you mental? Oh yes, you support Tottenham. Mental and gay :wub:

I was thinking of a smart arse reply but im laughing too much.

Bastard!!! :)

This thread doesn't look as hot as this forum system wants me to think.

• Like 1

I love how half of the posts aren't even talking about Peter Sallis, though I can't blame them for not wanting to ruin a perfectly good discussion about the benefits of gay relationships by even mentioning that unfunny prick.

I love how half of the posts aren't even talking about Peter Sallis, though I can't blame them for not wanting to ruin a perfectly good discussion about the benefits of gay relationships by even mentioning that unfunny prick.

Bit harsh RF. Peter Sallis is an actor first and foremost who tended to get cast in comic roles. Like former Deathlist fav Clive Dunn he has spend 40 years playing old men.

http://www.southwestbusiness.co.uk/news/27052014093715-aardman-animation--wallace-and-gromit-from-the-drawing-board---an-exhibition-at-bristol-s-m-shed/ http://m.scotsman.com/what-s-on/film/health-of-sallis-puts-wallace-and-gromit-in-doubt-1-3413041_ Found these from last month .Sallis is in"ill health"according to Nick Park which means any future plans for future Wallace and Gromit are in doubt _he also has not voiced Wallace since 2010 which I didn"t know!

I have frequently lamented the loss of most of the cast of the BBC children's series Rentaghost with only Sue Nicholls and Christopher Biggins being left but Peter Sallis starred in a series about Ghosts which was contemporary The Ghosts of Motley Hall which has a better track record for cast survival. Of the regular cast only Arthur English has died. Freddie Jones was last seen on Emmerdale, Sheila Stefal is still alive and Nicholas le Provost was on stage recently with Ralph Fiennes. The actor who played the other regular character left the industry. Admittedly many of the guest cast have long depared like Alfred Marks, Joan Sanderson and Brian Wilde. It is worth looking out for as it was inventive and witty and probably wasted on kids.

• Like 1

I have frequently lamented the loss of most of the cast of the BBC children's series Rentaghost with only Sue Nicholls and Christopher Biggins being left but Peter Sallis starred in a series about Ghosts which was contemporary The Ghosts of Motley Hall which has a better track record for cast survival. Of the regular cast only Arthur English has died. Freddie Jones was last seen on Emmerdale, Sheila Stefal is still alive and Nicholas le Provost was on stage recently with Ralph Fiennes. The actor who played the other regular character left the industry. Admittedly many of the guest cast have long depared like Alfred Marks, Joan Sanderson and Brian Wilde. It is worth looking out for as it was inventive and witty and probably wasted on kids.

Wasn't wasted on me, in fact just last week I watched all 3 series and the Christmas Special on Youtube. One of my favourite shows ever in my otherwise awful childhood. I was considering a DDP team but after counting the actors and even production team I couldn't reach 20. Tragedy of this show is the young man who played Matt the stable lad, Sean Flanagan, died in 1981, only 3 years after the show finished. The quality of actors in this so called children's show is amazing, though I do guess after about three series of "spirit" jokes, you do begin to run out. They don't make them like this any more, sadly.

• Like 2

Wasn't wasted on me, in fact just last week I watched all 3 series and the Christmas Special on Youtube. One of my favourite shows ever in my otherwise awful childhood. I was considering a DDP team but after counting the actors and even production team I couldn't reach 20. Tragedy of this show is the young man who played Matt the stable lad, Sean Flanagan, died in 1981, only 3 years after the show finished. The quality of actors in this so called children's show is amazing, though I do guess after about three series of "spirit" jokes, you do begin to run out. They don't make them like this any more, sadly.

I remember The Ghosts of Motley Hall!! Brilliant show, Sheila Stefal was one of the best actresses ever. FACT!

Rentaghost is my favourite of all time, I can still watch it now and laugh.

Thing is, these shows were made in an era where Childrens Television had a proper budget, a dedicated department and the quality was never skimped on, we wuzz the envy of the World we wuzz.

Now, I would imagine, its all cheap shite.

I remember The Ghosts of Motley Hall!! Brilliant show, Sheila Stefal was one of the best actresses ever. FACT!

Rentaghost is my favourite of all time, I can still watch it now and laugh.

Thing is, these shows were made in an era where Childrens Television had a proper budget, a dedicated department and the quality was never skimped on, we wuzz the envy of the World we wuzz.

Now, I would imagine, its all cheap shite.

This is one problem of the digital age is that Children's TV has been ghettoised. With a lot of older shows they new some adults were watching and passing comment. However from my daughter's childhood there were a few good shows Raven, Stupid and I'm Sorry I've Got No Head and there are some brilliant bits in the first two series of Young Dracula.

Did we grow up in a Golden Age?

Any news on his health?

I didnt realise he was the voice of Wallace in Wallace& Gromit until checking

Any news on his health?

Have you been on the moon?

Actually, even there they know this - he visited it with Gromit once for some cheese......

• Like 2

Any news on his health?

Actually, even there they know this - he visited it with Gromit once for some cheese......

not the moon just my own little world.

Any news on his health?

Okay............try Google.........great tool for you to use.........

Any news on his health?

Okay............try Google.........great tool for you to use.........

kind of defeats the point of it though doesnt it.

because if i already knew his lifes work id have no use to use google in the first place.

Health wise, sadly, he's not been too good. He had health issues towards the end of LOTSW too, and sight issues. He also stopped reply to fan mail two years ago on health grounds. Macular degeneration on its own isn't fatal, I don't think, so the continued concerned whispers suggest something other than age and going blind.

Health wise, sadly, he's not been too good. He had health issues towards the end of LOTSW too, and sight issues. He also stopped reply to fan mail two years ago on health grounds. Macular degeneration on its own isn't fatal, I don't think, so the continued concerned whispers suggest something other than age and going blind.

Nick Park doesn't exactly look the picture of health either in that photo.

Maybe it is just extreme old age.After all 94 for a man is bloody old and at that age the body and mind can just slow down for no other reason than wear and tare.

On the plus side though even if he can't voice Wallace anymore he can still do a perfect Gromit.