Guest iain

Peter Sallis

Guest iain

I dont know if any of you saw Peter Sallis (Clegg in Last of the Summer Wine )at the oscars ,or at the BAFTA awarsa,but hes not looking well at all.Hes so frail he was unable to walk on to the stage at the oscars for his award for Wallace and Gromit .I think he may not have long to go

Your obsession with summer wine and the series about it is way well beyond obsessive and more than a wee bit appalling.

Guest iain
Your obsession with summer wine and the series about it is way well beyond obsessive and more than a wee bit appalling.

shut up

shut up

Imagine pleading guilty to stalking Thora Hird. :lol:

• Like 2

Imagine pleading guilty to stalking Thora Hird. :lol:

It's not hard to stalk her - she is dead, after all, and even her Stannah Stairlift can't help that.

• Like 2

Iain is right about Peter Sallis being frail. I watched one episode of LOTSW (a new one) for research reasons ONLY & whilst he still looked good for his age, you could see visually that he was having a little more trouble walking. I personally think retirement home for a few years before death, but...

Frank Thornton looked excellent btw, but Jean Alexander, whilst healthy-looking has aged a bit. Everyone else looked okay. Now I've watched it again, I don't need to watch it until the next series for precisely the same reason. :banghead:

I dont know if any of you saw Peter Sallis (Clegg in Last of the Summer Wine )at the oscars ,or at the BAFTA awarsa,but hes not looking well at all.Hes so frail he was unable to walk on to the stage at the oscars for his award for Wallace and Gromit .I think he may not have long to go

[Topics merged - ff]

I think that Peter Sallis should definitely have his own thread,

he's certainly famous enough and his health isn't great.

It seems a bit incongruous to merge Sallis into a "Last of the Summer Wine" thread,

while keeping the Mollie Sugden and John Inman threads intact.

If Sallis (who is arguably more famous worldwide) isn't good enough for his own thread then surely Sugden and Inman should be merged into the;

"Cast of are you being served?" Getting older... thread.

http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?...ou+being+served

Leave Mollie Sugden alone. She's a national treasure. I did start a "collective" thread on famous Yorkshire people but the mods, in their wisdom, chose to delete it since, in my enthusiasm - characteristic of that first flush of deathlisting - I had started one or two other new threads at the same time. The enthusiasm has waned somewhat since then. Perhaps this thread should be renamed "Last of the winter whine" as a repository for most of the recent posts.

Leave Mollie Sugden alone. She's a national treasure. I did start a "collective" thread on famous Yorkshire people but the mods, in their wisdom, chose to delete it since, in my enthusiasm - characteristic of that first flush of deathlisting - I had started one or two other new threads at the same time. The enthusiasm has waned somewhat since then. Perhaps this thread should be renamed "Last of the winter whine" as a repository for most of the recent posts.

I agree with you Godot Mollie Sugden should have her own thread but so should Peter Sallis,

When threads on Jack Nicholson and Michael Crawford are left intact, then Peter Sallis's thread should have been allowed,

he is far more likely to be a DeathList candidate than many others who have their own threads.

shut up

No can do Ira....... :P

Theres an interview here, which states Peter Sallis has no wish to retire, even though his eyesight is failing, maybe thats why he was having trouble walking, due to being careful as to not bump into anything.

http://www.yorkshiretoday.co.uk/ViewArticl...ticleID=1369470

Sallis will go on until he drops, like Bill Owen did.

Give him back his own thread, he warrants it.

I agree with you Godot Mollie Sugden should have her own thread but so should Peter Sallis,

When threads on Jack Nicholson and Michael Crawford are left intact, then Peter Sallis's thread should have been allowed,

he is far more likely to be a DeathList candidate than many others who have their own threads.

I agree TF, Sallis should have his own thread. He's a lovely man and a genuinely fine actor with an extensive repetoire. I met him once on the Last of the Summer Wine set and found him a charming man. A Sallis thread would allow plenty of scope for Wallace and Gromit quotes. This was merged because it was started by Iain and its clear from other posts (but mostly his own) that he is widely regarded as a plonker. That's Iainist frankly. Even plonkers have rights. More to the point Iain's observation was good deathlisting. He deserves to be rewarded with a Deathlist Badge of Merit (DBM) on this isolated occasion. Merging his thread was unwarranted.

Ah, well, it's no use prevaricating about the bush...

sallis1jp.jpg

How about awarding him his thread back?

For F**ks sake - GIVE HIM THE THREAD BACK!.

Windsor, before you comment,please shut up.

sallis1jp.jpg

I'll put my signature to that.....X

sallis1jp.jpg

Give me one good reason why I shouldn't give you a warning for that unprovoked attack.

Now I'd be inclined to go against Tempus' claim soley because of that insult.

I'm childish, I know.

Met one of our closest family friends today & was reminded, during the conversation (it was Wallace & Gromit being brought up that did it) that she is the great-niece of Peter Sallis. So, I asked about his health & the last time she heard from him around Christmas 2005, he was doing "well."

Whether he has a thread or not, I don't think he's going to die soon.

Brian Wilde, I've met. He was far from difficult, in fact he was kindness personified.

Give me one good reason why I shouldn't give you a warning for that unprovoked attack.

Give me one good reason why you didn't , Windsor!

There is no room for wishy-washy liberalism in the moderaterhood :D

It's like a domino effect.

There is also the fact that I may be abusing my warning powers - I put iain up to 40% the last day.

I think the admin and moderators have created a monster of me! :)

Can you not suspend people?

I don't know, I haven't tried that yet (waiting for a real enemy to slip up :D ).

I decided to issue a couple of warnings anyway...

"I think you'll find this thread a valuable addition to our modern lifestyle," says Wallace.

I don't know, I haven't tried that yet (waiting for a real enemy to slip up :D ).

I decided to issue a couple of warnings anyway...

A best buddy writes:

How can you have a real enemy Winsy baby when your posts are so witty and entertaining? You can't have an enemy in the world. Why, I spend hours (nay minutes) waiting by the screen for your next flash of coruscating banter that invariably leaves me rolling around helplessly on the floor. I read and think it must be Ken Dodd or Tommy Cooper reincarnated and then I see it's Windsor. What was it you said on one thread: "Shut up"? That knocked me over. You one man pocket comedy store. Rock on.

It's like a domino effect.

There is also the fact that I may be abusing my warning powers - I put iain up to 40% the last day.

I think the admin and moderators have created a monster of me! :)

A glint of humour,maybe,or is it pathos ?

Or is it humor as in bile? :)

Just noticed my warnings gone up to 20%, AS YET , I havent recieved a pm,so shall I ignore it?

According to Wikipedia (Iain's Bible) Sallis suffers from Macular degeneration, a common cause of blindness. So looks like Gromit will be needed as a guide dog before long.