Guest iain

Peter Sallis

Met one of our closest family friends today & was reminded, during the conversation (it was Wallace & Gromit being brought up that did it) that she is the great-niece of Peter Sallis. So, I asked about his health & the last time she heard from him around Christmas 2005, he was doing "well."

Whether he has a thread or not, I don't think he's going to die soon.

Brian Wilde, I've met. He was far from difficult, in fact he was kindness personified.

Thank you OoO for bringing up the one fact that seemed to be dodging us through this whole "Peter Sallis needs his own thread" discussion. I fear that the wrath of Tempus Fugit will turn towards us if we don't keep this thread on topic. So I say, does anyone have an opinion on Peter Sallis and, if you had one earlier, please restate it so we can keep things current.

Or don't. I've got Sigismund to protect me. If he can take on Lord Cthulhu, he can take on... say, who is that in your avatar TF?

Give me one good reason why I shouldn't give you a warning for that unprovoked attack.

Give me one good reason why you didn't , Windsor!

There is no room for wishy-washy liberalism in the moderaterhood :D

There is also the fact that I may be abusing my warning powers - I put iain up to 40% the last day.

I think the admin and moderators have created a monster of me! :)

A glint of humour,maybe,or is it pathos ?

Or is it humor as in bile? :)

Just noticed my warnings gone up to 20%, AS YET , I havent recieved a pm,so shall I ignore it?

I put up your warning level, and I think I'm justified by what I've read this morning.

Give me one good reason why I shouldn't give you a warning for that unprovoked attack.

Give me one good reason why you didn't , Windsor!

There is no room for wishy-washy liberalism in the moderaterhood :unsure:

It's like a domino effect.

There is also the fact that I may be abusing my warning powers - I put iain up to 40% the last day.

I think the admin and moderators have created a monster of me! :lol:

A glint of humour,maybe,or is it pathos ?

Or is it humor as in bile? :P

Just noticed my warnings gone up to 20%, AS YET , I havent recieved a pm,so shall I ignore it?

I put up your warning level, and I think I'm justified by what I've read this morning.

Oh well ,cest la vie :D:D:D:D

Well done Windsor!

An entirely appropriate warning and a good bit of moderating.

If only more of us were as conscientious as you; a couple of the more ignorant and disrespectful posters would be nobbut a faint memory by now.

Bring back W90 I say, he was quite a nice chap really when you got to know him.

Met one of our closest family friends today & was reminded, during the conversation (it was Wallace & Gromit being brought up that did it) that she is the great-niece of Peter Sallis. So, I asked about his health & the last time she heard from him around Christmas 2005, he was doing "well."

Whether he has a thread or not, I don't think he's going to die soon.

Brian Wilde, I've met. He was far from difficult, in fact he was kindness personified.

Maybe he's nice to fans but difficult to work with. I've heard from more than one person that he's not the easiest of men to work with.

Guest iain

Peter Sallis is on the brink of death.He should have been on this years deathlist.I think he will die this year

Peter Sallis is on the brink of death.He should have been on this years deathlist.I think he will die this year

*yawn*

Christ iain, will any celebrities survive 2006!?

Guest iain

just wait and see if Im right or wrong..I have a feeling about these things

Today's Sunday Telegraph reports that Sallis has just signed with Orion a book deal for his autobiography, Fading into the Limelight which he has yet to write. It looks like he may keep you waiting Iain unless he does a John Peel.

i suspect the great mr sallis has a lot of mileage. the apparent frailty is probabaly due to the macular degeneration, which is a weird one. it's a build up of pigment at the back of the eye, and is inoperable. apparently, if you've got it then you get a large black spot in the centre of your vision, with distortion around the spot, and clear vision still possible at the corners of the eye. my mum (87) has it, and sometimes watches TV sideways on as she can actually see more this way! so walking in unfamiliar surroundings can be a problem, because of not being able to see obstacles rather than any physical infirmity. however, it's not in the least life threatening...

unless you miss the top of the stairs, or don't see the bus coming, of course...

i believe eric sykes has md as well.

just wait and see if Im right or wrong..I have a feeling about these things

Are you Banshees in disguise?

Maybe it's wrong to prod this thread awake after its 14-month hibernation, but I'm going to do it anyway in honour of His Honour's honour.

It seems that Dickie O has been cruelly overlooked yet again, while the likes of Mrs Wank Wank are 'rewarded' with gongs.

Blah Blah not funny Heaven Can Wait. I always capitalize at the beginning of my sentences and I was schooling iain about it recently in the Waldheim thread. I don't talk like pulphack, that's for sure.

Just when you think people might know you by now.

Maybe it's wrong to prod this thread awake after its 14-month hibernation, but I'm going to do it anyway in honour of His Honour's honour.

It seems that Dickie O has been cruelly overlooked yet again, while the likes of Mrs Wank Wank are 'rewarded' with gongs.

The pdf list stretches to 90 odd pages! Now with these awards given out twice a year you'd think you would meet more people who've got these silly medals of the bathtime commanders. In my lifetime I personally know two people. One was an English teacher who at some point in her life had been a mayor, the other was of dual citizenship and didn't even live in the same continent.

Oh, I suppose tenuiously I can also now count Michael Eavis, who almost ran me down on his bike just near the Pyramid stage!

Blah Blah not funny Heaven Can Wait. I always capitalize at the beginning of my sentences and I was schooling iain about it recently in the Waldheim thread. I don't talk like pulphack, that's for sure.

Just when you think people might know you by now.

Banshees, I meant this as a half arsed compliment 'cos you, at one time, managed to predict A death B)

Let's just say I've predicted a few more deaths then everybody thinks.

Banshees, I meant this as a half arsed compliment 'cos you, at one time, managed to predict A death B)

Let's just say I've predicted a few more deaths then everybody thinks.

Banshees, I meant this as a half arsed compliment 'cos you, at one time, managed to predict A death :P

Your predictions were spot on with all those women last year.

But then they were all tied up and blindfolded in your basement...

• Like 1

Maybe I should make a little phone call to mommy Windsor, and tell her what her son is up to?

Maybe I should make a little phone call to mommy Windsor, and tell her what her son is up to?

Just you do that then.

I will get in touch with a spirit guide to enable me to talk to your father. You did say John Lennon, right? :P

Wallace and Gromit are back in a new short called Trouble At' Mill. Wallace has a new lady called Paella who looks remarkably like Bette Lynch in her prime. Haven't yet discovered whether Peter Sallis is the voice of Wallace again. But I imagine he is. It would be a major news story otherwise.

you were wrong :D

I wonder if I should suggest Peter Sallis as a possible candidate for next years list? He does look remarkably well for an eighty-nine year old...But, then again, you never know...

I wonder if I should suggest Peter Sallis as a possible candidate for next years list? He does look remarkably well for an eighty-nine year old...But, then again, you never know...

The last of the Last of the Summer Wine may break his heart. ;)

The last of the Last of the Summer Wine may break his heart. ;)

The thought did cross my mind! Hopefully Last of the Summer Wine will be replaced by something worth watching. Even my late gran couldn't stand it!