Sign in to follow this  
Banshees Scream

St. Patrick's Day

Happy St.Patricks day everyone. Drink safely and limit your irish gal's drinks. They tend to get out of control.

• Like 1

Faith and begorrah!

This is a grand St. Paddy's Day wreath, so 'tis.

wreath8ym.jpg

Faith and begorrah!

This is a grand St. Paddy's Day wreath, so 'tis.

wreath8ym.jpg

Well Bou, I must admit that your new look is rather fine.

He certainly thinks so anyways. :unsure:

walkers_lep.jpg

leprechaun.jpg

Where's me Gold!?

"One fine sunny morning, the priest took a walk in the local forest. He had been walking by the small stream when he noticed a sad, sad looking frog sitting on a toadstool.

"Well," said the frog, "the reason I am so sad on this fine day is because I wasn't always a frog."

"Really!" said the priest. "Can you explain!"

"Once upon a time I was an 11 year old Choir boy at the local church. I too was walking through this forest when I was confronted by the wicked witch of the forest. 'Let me pass!' I yelled, but to no avail. She called me a cheeky little boy and with a flash of her wand, turned me into this frog you see before you."

"That's an incredible story" said the priest. "Is there no way of reversing this spell that the witch has cast upon you?."

"Yes" said the frog, "It is said, that if a nice kind person would pick me up, take me home, give me food & Warmth and with a good nights sleep I would wake up a boy once again."

"Today's your lucky day!" said the priest, and picked up the frog and took him home. The priest gave the frog lots of food, placed him by the fire and at bedtime put the frog on the pillow beside him. When the priest awoke, he saw the 11-year-old Choirboy beside him in bed,

"And that my lord is the case for the Defense....... "

• Like 1

:unsure::lol:

Seamus O Brien had been hailed the most intelligent Irish man for three years running. He had topped such shows as Larry Gogans 'Just a Minute Quiz' and 'Quicksilver' (before Bunny Carrs demise). It was suggested by the Irish Mensa board that he should enter into the English Mastermind Championships. He Did, and won a place. On they evening of the competition, Seamus enters from the crowd and placed himself on the Leather Seat and made himself comfortable. The lights dimmed and a spot light pointed at his face.

Magnus said "Seamus, What Subject are you studying?." Seamus responded, "Irish History". Very well said Magnus, Your first Question,

"In what year did the 'Easter Rising take Place?'

Seamus responds .."Pass"

OK said Magnus, "Who was the Leader of the Easter Rising?",

Seamus Responds .."Pass"

OK said Magnus, How long did the Easter Rising Last?"

Seamus Responds.. "Pass"

Instantly, a voice shout from the Crowd, "Good Man Seamus....Tell the English Nothing...."

Happy St.Patricks day everyone. Drink safely and limit your irish gal's drinks. They tend to get out of control.

And what exactluy does of any thios have to do with DEATH?

Thintk ity over casrefully or I'klkl send the leprechauns agfetr you.

Paddy goes and signs on at the Dole...a few minutes later he's outside having a cigarette leaning against the wall.

Shortly a prostitute comes by and says to paddy " hey would you like a Blowjob" ?

Paddy says to her " what !! ...Wouldn't that affect my Dole money" !!!

scsi

You should know, Mr. Brimley..

All that funding coming from your countrymen to, "The Cause" :unsure:

I can remember back in the 70's during the 'Troubles' in Northern Ireland the UK was on alert for bombs, we were all warned to look out for suspicious packages, my parents received a very heavy parcel postmarked Ireland, as we had no relatives in Eire my dad phoned the emergency number given out for these occasions, he was told to sit under a table and open it, we all waited in another room while he did so thinking an explosion was imminent, it didn't happen, turned out to be a Xmas cake in a tin my aunt in New Zealand had mail ordered for us from an Irish company, I've often wondered what protection a table might have offered!

Well disguised but apparently not well enough - Bruno I now see that you are the Cheif Lepricon.

I will take this not as a threat but I take it as a caution.

Now... Hopefully today will be my lucky day.

I can remember back in the 70's during the 'Troubles' in Northern Ireland the UK was on alert for bombs, we were all warned to look out for suspicious packages, my parents received a very heavy parcel postmarked Ireland, as we had no relatives in Eire my dad phoned the emergency number given out for these occasions, he was told to sit under a table and open it, we all waited in another room while he did so thinking an explosion was immenent, it didn't happen turned out to be a Xmas cake in a tin my aunt in New Zealand had mail ordered for us from an Irish company, I've often wondered what protection a table might have offered!

F**k all! But tables seem to have been commonly offered in advice for bomb attacks!

My school was next door to a police station, the official recommendations for a mortor attack were for us to form a roman tortoise with our tables and hide underneath!!!!

What good that would have been against 400lbs of " barrack buster " is anybodys guess!!!!!!

My guess F**k ALL!!! :unsure:

I can remember back in the 70's during the 'Troubles' in Northern Ireland the UK was on alert for bombs, we were all warned to look out for suspicious packages, my parents received a very heavy parcel postmarked Ireland, as we had no relatives in Eire my dad phoned the emergency number given out for these occasions, he was told to sit under a table and open it, we all waited in another room while he did so thinking an explosion was immenent, it didn't happen turned out to be a Xmas cake in a tin my aunt in New Zealand had mail ordered for us from an Irish company, I've often wondered what protection a table might have offered!

F**k all! But tables seem to have been commonly offered in advice for bomb attacks!

My school was next door to a police station, the official recommendations for a mortor attack were for us to form a roman tortoise with our tables and hide underneath!!!!

What good that would have been against 400lbs of " barrack buster " is anybodys guess!!!!!!

My guess F**k ALL!!! :unsure:

:lol: Very true, you would probably have had more of a chance if you had all just made a run for it , I think it may been have a psychological thing, makes you feel better etc, needless to say my brothers and I were so excited at the thought of an explosion, not realising it would have killed my Dad and probably us as well! We got an explosion in January '75 but it was a whisky bond catching fire across the Clyde in Renfrew shattering some of our windows, it even made 'John Cravens Newsround' :P (the fire, not our windows :D )

Where's Shergar?

John Craven's Newsround?!

You lucky thing! :unsure:

Where's Shergar?

In the Shergar bowl! :unsure:

Where's Shergar?

In the Shergar bowl! :unsure:

:lol:

Cheltenham? Or where they just Shergar lookalikes?

In the spirit of the day can we give pause  to think of The Mad Hatter and his sadly missing avatar?

Is he not to trusted with one? (quite likely abused it)

I think he needs one whether he likes it or not.

Democracy in action, what should it be?

And no leprechauns please.

I vote for his old Billy Bob, it suited him imo.

• Thanks 1

I consider it a virtue that my family celebrates St Patrick’s Day in every gluttonous and stereotyped way imaginable.  I even made a lyric book for everyone one year so they could sing along drunkenly.  

Happy St Pat’s to you Boudicca.  Etc and everyone.

SC

• Like 1

Aw thank you! < shamrock> from Cork where my family were and Cavan where I should have (gotta love the adoption system).... But Clare is gorgeous..

And Kerry. I've been close to Blarney stone. I really couldn't concentrate on the magic because its really far back so you have to bend right over backwards and if you're thirteen and the old guy who is supposed to be helping is is helping you a bit too creepily... well you don't want to kiss anything you just want to get away.

Do you have to work or did you celebrate early with those pints of blue / green amusing   terribly racist god what would you call them? It wasn't Irish car bombs was it?

LOL yeah they dummy up the worst beers in the world (those created from drinking the Mississippi River) and put green food coloring in them and the idiots drink that shite.  Me, I stick to a proper Harp or summat.  I'm partial to Bushmill's (over Jameson's) but told I'm a heathen for supporting them (lol).  Glenfiddich and I'm lost, confused, and nude with a goat in the morning, so that's out.   
Yeah the Irish Car Bomb but I'd have to look up what is in it...I don't partake.  I think you drop a shot of ?? inside a pint o' beer and down the whole thing.
Me, I prefer a few pints and a rousing chorus of 'The Men Behind the Wire'.
SC

• Like 1