Star Crossed

Are You A Post Whore?

One thing about a gravy addiction is that it does allow you to maintain your grammatical structure. Sadly, though, it wrecks the front of your jumper. But after God know's how many (she really does) days of abstinence I think I have it beaten. So there's hope for Bruno and TF. But you have to want to do it and I think they're both enjoying themselves too much for that just now. I'm proud I beat it without GA (Gravyholics Anonymous). I couldn't think of anything worse than sitting in a circle boring on about the Sunday joint and the way the meat and veg was just sitting there naked.

Sorry about this but I can't live this lie any longer. I have something to confess. Mrs Godot has been away and she came back last week and cooked Sunday lunch - Yorkshire pud, the works. The beginning of this post was maintaining the pretence that I have gone gravyless throughout Lent. But on Sunday, faced with that plate of good things united in the way that Delia intended, I picked up the gravy boat and poured - drizzled at first like they do in poncy restaurants, but then I just lashed it on, draining the jug right down to the little lumps at the bottom. The Godettes were thunderstruck and just a little triumphant at my weakness. I feel a broken man and don't know where turn other than...... the gin.

I believe that for the first time ever, I can answer this thread title with a resounding YES!:

top100xp.png

Yes. I have long dreamed of getting to 300 posts. I daresay the number of my posts is the most important part of my life. Having accomplished my goal I shall retire from teh field for a celebratory coors light. Good day Gentlemen.

What's that? Life Begins At Bennett Cerf? :lol: No, surely not... I see no correlation 'twixt the two posting styles ;)

Yes. I have long dreamed of getting to 300 posts. I daresay the number of my posts is the most important part of my life. Having accomplished my goal I shall retire from teh field for a celebratory coors light. Good day Gentlemen.

Coors Light? Such a dreadful beer, why would one subject themself to something as tasteless and bland as that?

What's that? Life Begins At Bennett Cerf? :lol: No, surely not... I see no correlation 'twixt the two posting styles ;)

Was that barb directed towards me? Here I was beginning to believe we were getting along and then this. Makes me sad it does, makes me quite sad.

What's that? Life Begins At Bennett Cerf? :lol: No, surely not... I see no correlation 'twixt the two posting styles :lol:

Was that barb directed towards me? Here I was beginning to believe we were getting along and then this. Makes me sad it does, makes me quite sad.

Please, listen not to he. What you post us up to thee.

I believe that for the first time ever, I can answer this thread title with a resounding YES!:

top100xp.png

Kinda. But I don't think nine posts in a day makes you a post whore. rather someone who felt a lot of threads were interesting that day.

<<snippage of tablette>>

Kinda. But I don't think nine posts in a day makes you a post whore. rather someone who felt a lot of threads were interesting that day.

Awww... ;)

Do I at least get points for effort?

Guest R'Tron

Is it needed to register to make a killing in post counts or can it be done the way I am now.

Is it needed to register to make a killing in post counts or can it be done the way I am now.

You need to register, dude. It's painless, though, and I've heard that Grim Reaper will give you a £50 cash prize once you reach your 1000th post.

Is there any real difference between this thread and the pinned Drunk, Bored thread?

Both just contain a lot of bad tempered posts and cathartic whingeing, can't they be merged?

Is there any real difference between this thread and the pinned Drunk, Bored thread?

Both just contain a lot of bad tempered posts and cathartic whingeing, can't they be merged?

Yes, there is a difference. This thread is supposed to be exclusively about post-whoring, an example of which might be someone posting to request an unnecessary merger of two different threads.

However, not all drunken fights are about post-whoring. Although I'll admit I've never had any other reason to fight with my fellow DLers, that doesn't preclude me from finding one. If I do find one, I'll have a go in the drunken fight thread, not in the post-whore thread.

As the initiator of this post-whore-related thread I'd like it to be unmerged with the drunken fighting thread. If necessary, I'll post again and again and again :referee: in defence of this post-whore thread's right to sovereignty over post-whority and its related issues.

I think my RSI might be related to the number of times I've typed the word "whore" recently.

I think my RSI might be related to the number of times I've typed the word "whore" recently.
I think I also have a form of RSI related to the word "whore", but I think the similarity of our condition ends there. :referee:

No. 227, chalk it up. :o

Yes, there is a difference. This thread is supposed to be exclusively about post-whoring, an example of which might be someone posting to request an unnecessary merger of two different threads.

Maybe they should all be merged into a DeathList Whinge thread, where anyone who wants to moan can post.

The Most Obsessive Deathlisters thread for instance seems very similar to this one.

Merge 'em all.

antothere stunni ng suggeestion from a post whore loijjing to be hisdden away in a cellar proibsa bly trying to figurw a way to reset his counter to,

However, not all drunken fights are about post-whoring. Although I'll admit I've never had any other reason to fight with my fellow DLers, that doesn't preclude me from finding one. If I do find one, I'll have a go in the drunken fight thread, not in the post-whore thread.

As the initiator of this post-whore-related thread I'd like it to be unmerged with the drunken fighting thread. If necessary, I'll post again and again and again :unsure: in defence of this post-whore thread's right to sovereignty over post-whority and its related issues.

'Whore?'

I think you need to find one. Or take up stamp collecting.

'Whore?'

See you in the drunken fight thread in 5 mins you F*****g harlot.

'Whore?'

I'll be the referee, if that's okay...

'Whore?'

I'll be the referee, if that's okay...

Hey, Hacky!

Apparentley you are exactly the kinda, hic, Star Crossed is fighting against, hic.....

that's the difference, isn't it. this is a 'i didn't need to post but i did' thread, whereas the fight thread is this PLUS whatever you F*****g want to say you bunch of F*****g toss-pot c**ts who couldn't wank your way out of a paper bag - a paper bag full of sh*t, you arseholes.

etc.

I only occasionally check the "overall top posters page" because my 760 depresses me( oh how I want to be considered a post-whore).

But I note with great interest that Tempus is closing in on 3000. If he hits that target could we elevate him to post-pimp?

that's the difference, isn't it. this is a 'i didn't need to post but i did' thread, whereas the fight thread is this PLUS whatever you F*****g want to say you bunch of F*****g toss-pot c**ts who couldn't wank your way out of a paper bag - a paper bag full of sh*t, you arseholes.

etc.

Whats with all of the F*****g swearing here? :lol:

should have thought that was obvious - i was demonstrating the difference between mere post-whoring (like this) and the fight thread, in response to a poser a few posts above. read it in context, for gods sakes.

F**k me - some people... oops, i mean 'stone me' of course, in a hancockian sense.