Star Crossed

Are You A Post Whore?

Hi all,

I can proudly announce that I have just joined the elite of the DL by reaching the magical top 50 all time posters, of all time. Except technically IYG is still above me but as doesn't show on the list I still claim my rightful position at the top table.

Since 29th November last year I've been visiting this Magical Kingdom of death-related banter, and I'm sure you are all aware I've averaged 1.4 posts per day in that time. No no, thank you.

Whilst shamelessly mid-whore, I feel I should point out that since I waited until 6th February to announce my presence in the form of the written word, my actual average since first posting is a swagger-inducing 1.9 posts. See me in a different light now, eh? Only someone really cool would work that stat out. :)

I'd like to thank you all for your patience, as believe me it took some special work to puff up my post total by writing all sorts of irrelevant nonsense, often taking two if not three different positions in the same argument when dabbling in more weighty discussions. I did this not for my own gain, but for the good of the DL community as a whole. I've tried to enrich the hearts and minds of all on this site, as one is useless without the other. I'd like to think I've succeeded, but then I like to think about all sorts of things, mostly involving ladies minus the dreary cash transactions that take all the romance away. :P Anyway....

I think my answer to the title of the thread is a resounding YES! to no great surprise.

My last thought is that as I don't get paid for my whoring, perhaps I'm more of a Post Slut?

TLC

A the one year at DeathList approaches for our occasionally beloved Tempus Fugit (who has a moniker which I find hard to resist mangling) I am wont to wonder whether he will manage the feat, Herculean as it may seem to be, of striking out post number 3000 before his August anniversary. Even more, can he do it before the end of the current month?

And what will the message read near his name as he hits that new level? What say you all?

I think my answer to the title of the thread is a resounding YES! to no great surprise.

My last thought is that as I don't get paid for my whoring, perhaps I'm more of a Post Slut?

No, you're just another whore ;)

Luckily for you, Mr. Hopkins is out of town on some urgent business.

You should really try putting less effort into your posts, TLC. Try using fewer words, less punctuation and more emoticons; then you'll find yourself able to attain the dizzying heights of 2.0+ posts per day. Remember, anything that is conceivable, is achievable. Willpower is the key...

Hope he does.

And the message for 3000 posts should be "I sleep in a single bed in my bedroom at my Mum's house".

Hope he does.

And the message for 3000 posts should be "I sleep in a single bed in my bedroom at my Mum's house".

He could do it, but that is not saying that he will do it.

These days he goes for the 'posting highground'. Being moderaters he insists that we post by example.

2 weeks to make 85 posts, it can be done in a weekend if need be, eh BB? ;)

I shall pass on these words of wisdom that were just passed on to me: -

Remember, anything that is conceivable, is achievable. Willpower is the key...

I vote for 'All of the furniture in my bedroom is in Black MDF, and the cardboard bottoms of the drawers are a bit bowed'. Snappy!

That's certainly how my single man's 'crib' used to look, until I, erm, upgraded to Ikea Pine. Still very much single man fare, but apparently looks* a bit more like I give a toss**.

*Those oft-mentioned deceiving looks in my case.

**before this draws comment, I mean 'toss' as in 'damn' on this occasion. It's the 'yoghurt spills' (or 'toothpaste accidents', take your pick) on the bedsheets that literally make it look like I give a toss.

Don't we have an existent post-whore thread already?

Don't we have an existent post-whore thread already?

This thread really should be deleted.

Edited by Magere Hein

Ah but Bruno, it's so easy to be superior when you have set the benchmark so low.

Well,Meeeow!

As this thread now seems to be the place for congratulating people's posting milestones, Happy 500th DDT.

No complaints from me. 500 posts and not a single entry in Mr Hopkins' Book Of Grievances, that's pretty good going...

As this thread now seems to be the place for congratulating people's posting milestones, Happy 500th DDT.

No complaints from me. 500 posts and not a single entry in Mr Hopkins' Book Of Grievances, that's pretty good going...

Star....you just smeared your lipstick sweetie.......

Congratulations on your 2000th post.

You have now become a skiving legend!

That's the nicest thing anyone's said to me for ages. :D

Congratulations on your 2000th post.

You have now become a skiving legend!

That's the nicest thing anyone's said to me for ages. :D

It's the Windsor charm, my lady. :)

Congratulations to DDT on his 500th Post.

Your updates on T4 are very handy for me. :D

It's the Windsor charm, my lady. :D

I think you mean smarm :D

Let it be hereby known that it was on this day, the 16th to 17th day of August in the calendar year of 2006 that post whoredominiatrixing reached a new level when our beloved MaryportfunCity surpassed Barnshooes in total posts made....

Let it be further known that I have contacted Jasper Larkspur about this travesty (well actually I told him in advance that he was in danger of losing his posting slot). He has not responded yet so I am naturally concerned that he may be changing his aVatar once more.

Bloody hell! There's issues of life and death out there.

I'll confess with 2500 ahead of me like a mountain summit and a dull day at home nursing my broken arm I -like - went for it yesterday with the intention of reachnig my milestone before close of play, but it's the one day since December 2004 when I've done that.

Having been to the fracture clinic this morning I'm still likely to be back inseminating cattle for a living by September 11th when my lonely life as a prisoner of injury with only DL for company will end and the post numbers will drop.

Bloody hell! There's issues of life and death out there.

I'll confess with 2500 ahead of me like a mountain summit and a dull day at home nursing my broken arm I -like - went for it yesterday with the intention of reachnig my milestone before close of play, but it's the one day since December 2004 when I've done that.

Having been to the fracture clinic this morning I'm still likely to be back inseminating cattle for a living by September 11th when my lonely life as a prisoner of injury with only DL for company will end and the post numbers will drop.

Maryport, are you really the A.I. man? I salute you, and not just a one gun salute either. You're a braver man than I.

There's cold winds and snow in West Cumbria but the inside of a cow is warm in the deepest depths of winter. Granted such confessions tend to bring conversations at a party to a rapid halt when you get to that 'what do you do for a living?' moment but another bonus of A.I. work is that you never need to buy a bin bag. All my rubbish goes in the truck in strange bags with five fingers on the end.

But the damage is to my cattle F*****g arm, tragic eh?

3002 posts and no change in my status, shame on you admins.

Wow. 3000 posts and there is no slick remark like 'I don't get laid' or 'I need to get a job'

3002 posts and no change in my status, shame on you admins.

Wow. 3000 posts and there is no slick remark like 'I don't get laid' or 'I need to get a job'

That may be reserved for when TurpentineFingers reaches post #3003...or later. Odds are that nobody ever forsaw this day arriving so no contingency plans were made.

Whatever they decide.....Respect!

I think your avatar is a poor choice mind, there's more sense and better jokes in your posts than the stuff he wrote.

Oh nice one, swap Satre for Thatcher and force me to come back and edit this.

Whatever they decide.....Respect!

I think your avatar is a poor choice mind, there's more sense and better jokes in your posts than the stuff he wrote.

Oh nice one, swap Satre for Thatcher and force me to come back and edit this.

That wasn't Satre, it was Aldous Huxley.