Boudicca

Ironic Deaths

15 hours ago, Whitehouse said:

I see how it is.  I posted 4 hours before but in Animal Antics.  Goes unnoticed.  Post it in Ironic Deaths 4 hour later it gets numerous 'likes'.
Guess that's what happens when everyone blocks you :(
SC

Don't worry, that's that particular posters entire gimmick.

3 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

I see how it is.  I posted 4 hours before but in Animal Antics.  Goes unnoticed.  Post it in Ironic Deaths 4 hour later it gets numerous 'likes'.
Guess that's what happens when everyone blocks you :(
SC

watching-the-cockiest-guy-in-the-gym-get

Hungarian conservationist Krisztian Gyongyi, working tirelessly to reintroduce the black rhino to Rwanda, has been killed by one of the ungrateful creatures. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Achelous said:

Hungarian conservationist Krisztian Gyongyi, working tirelessly to reintroduce the black rhino to Rwanda, has been killed by one of the ungrateful creatures. 

Hmm.  The article doesn't say how old he was, but he could be a contender for the scrabble thread and possibly the only entrant so far to have been killed by a wild animal. :)

• Like 2

Some Hungarian press says he was 43, so alas he misses out.

20 hours ago, Death Impends said:

Some Hungarian press says he was 43, so alas he misses out.

points?

Anne Dufourmentelle, a leading French philosopher and author who advocated risk-taking (one book entitled 'Praise of Risk') has drowned after attempting to save two children at a beach on the French Riviera.  Dufourmantelle entered the water after the children got into difficulty in strong winds at Pampelonne beach, near St Tropez, on Friday.

The two children were later rescued by lifeguards and were unharmed.  (So a DOUBLE Irony!)
SC

A female stunt driver died on the set of the upcoming Deadpool sequel, Vancouver police confirmed Monday.

"A stunt driver has died on the set of Deadpool during a stunt on a motorcycle," read a tweet sent out on the official Vancouver police department's account.

20th Century Fox said “We are deeply saddened by the accident that occurred on the set of Deadpool 2 this morning.  Our hearts and prayers are with the family, friends and colleagues of our crew member during this difficult time," said studio spokesman Dan Berger in a statement.

SC

(Edit: Putting a name to this story:
The stuntwoman who died on the set of Deadpool 2 Monday has been identified. Joi 'SJ' Harris, who billed herself as the first African-American female road racer, died while performing a motorcycle stunt in Vancouver, Canada.)

Man slain by coffin in haunted house attraction:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-41300031

"The ride is part of the amusement park's annual Halloween Fest, with this particular ride promising visitors the "experience being buried alive alone, before fighting their way out of their dark and eerie grave"

• Like 1

Not dead yet, but too good not to share:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2017/11/15/american-heart-association-president-has-heart-attack/?utm_term=.d3c2ab7f3b26

American Heart Association President John Warner has a heart attack during a speech on the heart ailments of his family.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Dead Wait said:

http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/29/man-kills-himself-by-taking-pin-out-of-grenade-to-pose-for-a-picture-7117135/

Not sure if Irony is quite right but I did look for a dumb ways to die thread!!

Man dies after taking pin out of a grenade for a photo! 

I was suspicious at first, but apperantly there are (rather gorey) pictures of the aftermath of this imbecility. Still wonder if he manage to upload the photo after the pin was out, as the screenshot suggets.

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Not sure if this is strictly ironic, but it's certainly bizarre.

Man killed in cemetery by 95-year-old driver

His relatives don't have far to go to make arrangements!   I think it belongs right where you put it, Toast.
SC

• Thanks 1

Founder of games developers MaJoy , Mao Kankan gasses himself to death.

Kicks the bucket after seeing the red mist......

https://www.yicaiglobal.com/news/chinese-entrepreneurial-idol-mao-kankan-commits-suicide

On 11/7/2016 at 20:16, Weebl said:

Sounds like it's the mother that's at fault then!

Update, the family are suing the council and expected to win compensation.

Still think that it's a parental role rather than the council's to drill into the kids not to go playing in the crumbling public access graveyard, in the same way you'd tell them not to play near the railway line or motorway within 2 minutes walk, tbh. But that's just me.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, msc said:

Update, the family are suing the council and expected to win compensation.

Still think that it's a parental role rather than the council's to drill into the kids not to go playing in the crumbling public access graveyard, in the same way you'd tell them not to play near the railway line or motorway within 2 minutes walk, tbh. But that's just me.

Aye. Whining little fuckers. Nowt wrong wit tramlines. Get run over once a week and still got a pension out of it. Wankers.

A North Carolina coyote hunter’s electronic coyote caller was apparently so convincing, he ended up being mistaken for a coyote and was shot and killed.

The victim, 26-year-old Michael Seth Marsh, was also the pastor of Russell Gap Baptist Church near Taylorsville. The alleged shooter, 31-year-old Matthew Dunn of Taylorsville, was charged with involuntary manslaughter.

GDamn rednecks.  Show of hands how many knew a 'coyote caller' existed? 
SC

• Haha 3