Boudicca

Ironic Deaths

Don't know if this is ironic or just tragic. It happened last weekend in the Netherlands

A man was driving at high speed into a highway barrier after he was rescued from the wreck of his car, he walked into the path of a semi truck. Dead.

If this was an accident it's ironic but appearantly it was a bodged and successful suicide.

• Sad 1

83 year old granny goes shopping in Poundland, and carks after slipping on a Bag for Life.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6504665/Grandmother-83-died-slipped-Bag-Life-Poundland-face-planted-floor.html

Knew they didn't last long.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Boy dies stepping out in front of a train today in Tennessee.

Note the link is Chattanooga News :D

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/39655359/person-hit-by-train-in-tennessee-dies

# pardon me boy.......#######

Candidate for death of the year.  

You can’t make this shit up!

Ed Cushman, a North Carolina man with ALS, was on his way to Atlanta for the Super Bowl, after scoring tickets to the big game with help from Team Gleason, when the minivan he was traveling caught fire.

Cushman, 39, perished in the fire, according to Team Gleason.

His father and older brother were also in the van when it started smoking. The two men got out of the van before it caught fire, and yelled RUN RUN to Ed, to no avail.

SC

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

33 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Maybe I’m a bit ignorant, but how is this ironic?

Presumably because that's who checks you in at the pearly gates?

6 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Presumably because that's who checks you in at the pearly gates?

St. Peter, no?

17 minutes ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

St. Peter, no?

Haha I'm a fuckwit!!

I think I have got this thread confused with the unusual deaths thread(which i can't find.)

48 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I think I have got this thread confused with the unusual deaths thread(which i can't find.)

That's because we don't have an unusual deaths thread.  I think you mean Interesting Ways To Die...  ;)

'I've killed my mother!' Horrified daughter's scream after she crashed her car and her mum was flung out of passenger window when doctor gave her permission not to wear a seatbelt because of her HERNIA

51 minutes ago, mollyafox said:

Joseph Corrao, the man responsible for the death of Pinky, a popular flamingo at amusement park Busch Gardens, was killed after he was hit by a truck. His death occurred 2 months before he was to go to trial for his involvement in Pinky's death. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/florida-man-accused-flamingo-s-death-fatally-struck-truck-n1021881 

How is this ironic?  :scratchhead:

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cat O'Falk said:

How is this ironic?  :scratchhead:

I thought it was because he was killed right before he was to go to trial for causing a flamingo's death. :biggrin:

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, mollyafox said:

I thought it was because he was killed right before he was to go to trial for causing a flamingo's death. :biggrin:

It would be ironic if this was the truck.

462bc01f67894a78a409ed5720495eec.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

On 05/02/2019 at 08:42, Sir Creep said:

Candidate for death of the year.  

You can’t make this shit up!

Ed Cushman, a North Carolina man with ALS, was on his way to Atlanta for the Super Bowl, after scoring tickets to the big game with help from Team Gleason, when the minivan he was traveling caught fire.

Cushman, 39, perished in the fire, according to Team Gleason.

His father and older brother were also in the van when it started smoking. The two men got out of the van before it caught fire, and yelled RUN RUN to Ed, to no avail.

SC

Ed Cushman must of done something really bad in another life or pissed the big G off bad.

• Like 1

Well nobody has (yet?) died, but there is a breaking headline that several people have been stabbed at a Virginia plasma center...where one can assume the blood loss was less than what would otherwise go on during a normal day of operations. 

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/04/us/petersburg-virginia-stabbing-plasma-center/index.html

A Kentucky woman died after falling from a cliff in "a very dangerous" hiking area on the island of Maui in Hawaii, authorities said on Tuesday.  The woman plunged about 45 feet to her death last week while climbing along what locals refer to as Chutes and Ladders, a steep cliff located on the northwestern portion of the island. 

The woman's family identified her on Facebook as Jamie Nicole Baker, a physical therapist from Louisville, Kentucky. Her husband, 35-year-old Lonnie Joshua Baker, died in June 2017 and her family says she was on the island as a part of a healing trip.

She leaves behind a 3-year-old daughter.
SC

• Like 1

A university lecturer and space scientist who worked to design safer wingsuits has died in a base jumping accident, his family has confirmed.

Dr Angelo Grubisic, 38, was taking part in a planned jump in Saudi Arabia on Tuesday when he was killed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-49438378

images.britishpathe-1twg91i.jpg.7fcd791291060f5365e7790de9d01036.jpg

• Like 1