Boudicca

Ironic Deaths

35 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Lol... what's a knife awarement course?

A government funded initiative that would inevitably end up on this thread sooner or later.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, En Passant said:

A government funded initiative that would inevitably end up on this thread sooner or later.

I once took a seminar called 'caring for your chainsaw'. 

I still look back on that and wish I'd worn a goalie mask.

8 hours ago, N. Fritz said:

Architect killed by falling debris (spoiler: building inspectors are involved) 

Funny how the actual event AND your post had such a build up.... and then a let down.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

No one dead at the moment but time will tell. "13 shot at Chicago memorial for shooting victim"  https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/13-shot-at-chicago-memorial-for-shooting-victim/ar-BBYf8DF?ocid=spartanntp

How in the world is this 'ironic'.  Maybe you don't understand how gangs operate.

• Thanks 1

https://ria.ru/amp/20200105/1563122778.html. 40-year-old Russian oncologist and surgeon Andrei Pavlenko has lost his battle with stomach cancer this morning. His ordeal had been reported by RT a year or two years ago. I'm waiting for their obituary. Should I have posted this in "Famous for only being ill and dying"?

It's fine. Sometimes (very often) a single death fits several threads. 

21 hours ago, Etushispushingupdaisies said:

https://ria.ru/amp/20200105/1563122778.html. 40-year-old Russian oncologist and surgeon Andrei Pavlenko has lost his battle with stomach cancer this morning. His ordeal had been reported by RT a year or two years ago. I'm waiting for their obituary. Should I have posted this in "Famous for only being ill and dying"?

Here's your English language obit. Ironic, isn't it?

1 hour ago, WidowsPeak said:

The opposite of karma.  Unless you mean him offing himself (?) afterward.  That's cowardice, not karma.

3 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Man who called Ohio's lockdown 'bullshit' dies from COVID-19. John McDaniel had let his feelings be known on social media before contracting the virus.

https://crooksandliars.com/2020/04/man-who-called-ohios-lockdown-order

Well, coronavirus told him it was bullshit to think he wasn’t a threat then...

Frankline Ndifor, a Cameroon pastor who 'healed' COVID-19 sufferers by laying his hands on them has...well, you can probably figure it out.  He's died of coronavirus.  Ndifor was 39.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8335123/Cameroon-pastor-healed-coronavirus-sufferers-laying-hands-dies-Covid-19.html

A woman died Saturday after single-vehicle crash during a motorcycle safety training class at Harper College in Palatine, officials said.

Carol Counelis, 66, of Winfield, was identified Sunday morning by the Cook County medical examiner's office as the person killed while taking the class offered by the college on behalf of the Illinois Department of Transportation.
SC

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

A woman died Saturday after single-vehicle crash during a motorcycle safety training class at Harper College in Palatine, officials said.

Carol Counelis, 66, of Winfield, was identified Sunday morning by the Cook County medical examiner's office as the person killed while taking the class offered by the college on behalf of the Illinois Department of Transportation.
SC

That's a fail I think.

Not recent,  but no search brings her name up.

So... 

Charlotte Conant Fox (10 May 1957 – 24 May 2018) was an American mountaineer and the first American woman to reach the summit of three 8,000 meter peaks. She survived the 1996 Mount Everest disaster as a member of Scott Fischer's Mountain Madness expedition. She died of head injuries on May 24, 2018, after falling over a stairway railing at her house.

Yes, that is the entire wiki entry for her, and no, it doesn't seem to have attracted any comments about irony (intended or otherwise) in the talk section.

Further, yes, I was watching the supremely originally titled film 'Everest' from 2015 tonight and did a little digging as one does.

29 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Not recent,  but no search brings her name up.

So... 

Charlotte Conant Fox (10 May 1957 – 24 May 2018) was an American mountaineer and the first American woman to reach the summit of three 8,000 meter peaks. She survived the 1996 Mount Everest disaster as a member of Scott Fischer's Mountain Madness expedition. She died of head injuries on May 24, 2018, after falling over a stairway railing at her house.

Yes, that is the entire wiki entry for her, and no, it doesn't seem to have attracted any comments about irony (intended or otherwise) in the talk section.

Further, yes, I was watching the supremely originally titled film 'Everest' from 2015 tonight and did a little digging as one does.

From when it happened:

Oopsy, well, sorry, I did do a bloody search though dammit. Maybe I misspelled it or something oh well. Meh.

Forgive me folks for I am a clot. 

William 'Rowdy" Harrell, a NASCAR pit crew member whose job was as a tire carrier, has died in an automobile accident away from the track. He was 30. Harrell was on his honeymoon. His wife was also killed in the crash.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/28/us/rowdy-harrell-blakley-killed-crash-hendrick-motorsports-trnd/index.html

56 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Oopsy, well, sorry, I did do a bloody search though dammit. Maybe I misspelled it or something oh well. Meh.

Forgive me folks for I am a clot. 

If it can be of any consolation, it made me laugh again. Old but gold!

• Thanks 1

Roseanne Boyland who was among the 5 people that died during the failed coup last Wednesday. Boyland was trampled to death.

She was holding a "Don't Tread On Me" flag.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4