Boudicca

Ironic Deaths

Amongst the Boulder mass shooting victims. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56501686

Mr Stong was the youngest of the victims

Denny Stong, 20

"A Facebook profile for Mr Stong says that he lived in Boulder and began working for the King Soopers grocery store in December 2018.

"I can't stay home. I am a grocery store worker," he wrote on his Facebook profile picture.

Mr Strong described himself as a fan of planes, bikes and motorcycles.

On 8 March, he asked people to celebrate his birthday by donating to a pro-gun rights charity."

:(

• Shocked 1
  • Facepalm 3

10 hours ago, HDS said:

Victim hit by drunk driver was on his way home from an AA meeting.

True story - my maternal grandfather died walking home from church when a lorry and bus collided and crushed him on the pavement.

Not really ironic but he obviously didn’t get his prayers right.

My mum was 2 at the time and my Gran was 6 months pregnant.

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

14 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

True story - my maternal grandfather died walking home from church when a lorry and bus collided and crushed him on the pavement.

Not really ironic but he obviously didn’t get his prayers right.

My mum was 2 at the time and my Gran was 6 months pregnant.

One of my little sister’s best friends (about 10 years old at the time) was walking to Catechism and when crossing the main road to get to church she dropped her Catechism book in the road, turned to get it, and was run over and killed.  @Grim Up North I chalk this up to something along the lines of your grandfather.  More questions than answers.

SC

A Colorado woman who lost her 23-year-old son in a motorcycle accident last month was killed in a separate motorcycle crash this weekend while taking part in a group ride in his honour,

SC

6 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Man who mocked Covid vaccines dies of Covid when God decides he isn't worth saving. :rolleyes:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57958358

Best line from that

Stephen Harmon, a member of the Hillsong megachurch, had been a vocal opponent of vaccines, making a series of jokes about not having the vaccine.

"Got 99 problems but a vax ain't one," the 34-year-old tweeted to his 7,000 followers in June

• Haha 2

Not sure if this counts as an Ironic Death but a woman who shielded for 9 months was killed on the first day she left her house after being hit by a lorry.

She'd have needed nothing less than Captain America's shield to swerve that one...

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Not sure if this counts as an Ironic Death but a woman who shielded for 9 months was killed on the first day she left her house after being hit by a lorry.

She'd have needed nothing less than Captain America's shield to swerve that one...

It's ironic in the Alanis Morissette way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Play stupid games win stupid prizes

That's the good side of Covid. It's very capable of weeding out the stupid...

I'm not fully vaccinated though (waiting to get the second jab in a few weeks) so I'm cautious who I mingle with on this forum...

And here a woman, hesitant of getting vaccinated, losing three family members in one week...

To top it off her father in law to be also died, and his wife is also on her way out.

As the deaths of vocal anti-vaxxers mounts, maybe it's time to start a separate thread. Former South Florida right-wing talk radio host Dick Farrel dead at 65.

10 hours ago, jcc said:

As the deaths of vocal anti-vaxxers mounts, maybe it's time to start a separate thread. Former South Florida right-wing talk radio host Dick Farrel dead at 65.

It's funny that these people keep pushing their "Covid doesn't excist"-agenda while they die one after each other. Amazing how stupid they are.