Boudicca

Ironic Deaths

8 hours ago, jcc said:

So, you're saying he introduced the right to die legislation because at some undetermined point in the future he knew he would get a terminal illness and use it to end his life. Well yeah, guess it's not ironic.

It would be ironic if he voted AGAINST the bill, only to later take advantage of its allowances.  C’mon jcc, I’m hoping you’re better than that.  

• Like 1

Prominent Australian TV Executive and philanthropist Neil Balnaves has died aged 77 in a boating accident, his foundation has said.

Balnaves was reported to have been holidaying with his wife, Diane, near Tahiti when the accident occurred.

Tributes poured in from the Australian creative and arts world for the philanthropist, who gave $20M of his fortune to arts organizations following a boating accident on the Gold Coast 20 years ago, which almost killed him.

SC

• Like 1

A northern Lower Peninsula man was killed in a firework mishap as a group of people gathered to set off fireworks in memory of a deceased friend, police said.

The Benzie County Sheriff’s Office said Kyle Campbell-Slade, 28, of Frankfort was killed last week when a firework he lit exploded during the memorial event.

SC

• Like 1

Jeremiah Taylor, one of the men responsible for tidying up Young Dolph’s Memphis memorial multiple times a week, was shot and killed last week, per Fox 13. 

He was reportedly found dead on Getwell Road and the Memphis Police Department is now looking for suspects in the fatal shooting.

SC

• Like 1

Woman walking on footpath at hospital gets blown over by Air Ambulance helicopter landing

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

I wonder if there are deaths related to video game losing. For example somebody had a game over, became angry, tried to break the system unit over their head but fractured the skull instead..? does anybody know anything of that kind?

• Like 1

Oh btw, I'm not sure if I'm not doubling information in this thread as I'm a newbie, but...

In 1985 there was a huge lifeguard poolside party in New Orleans crowded by lifeguards of course. They celebrated the end of the swimming season, remarkable for no drownings. They invited about 100 guests. When the party was almost over, somebody saw on the bottom of the swimming pool... what do you think? 31-year-old Jerome Moody, a party guest, was lying drowned to death under water. Finita la comedia.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cognizant said:

Oh btw, I'm not sure if I'm not doubling information in this thread as I'm a newbie, but...

In 1985 there was a huge lifeguard poolside party in New Orleans crowded by lifeguards of course. They celebrated the end of the swimming season, remarkable for no drownings. They invited about 100 guests. When the party was almost over, somebody saw on the bottom of the swimming pool... what do you think? 31-year-old Jerome Moody, a party guest, was lying drowned to death under water. Finita la comedia.

1. post current events only

2. provide a link

3. welcome aboard 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:
2 hours ago, Cognizant said:

1. post current events only

2. provide a link

3. welcome aboard 

4. feel free to ignore any instructions posted by Sir Creep

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Three University of Oklahoma meteorology students out chasing storms come upon a tornado and, just as you would expect… 

their vehicle was struck by a lorry on the return trip.

Drake Brooks, 22, Nicholas Nair, 20, and Gavin Short, 19, had been chasing a tornado in Kansas when the incident took place on Friday (April 29), just south of the Kansas border. 
Prior to the crash, the College of Atmospheric and Geographic Sciences students had posted footage online showing an apparent tornado near Herington, Kansas, about 70 miles northeast from Wichita.

SC

• Like 2

Veteran Texas snake handler mishandles rattler with all too predictable consequences. 

• Like 1

A 60-year-old man strangled a woman and tried to bury her in the backyard of their South Carolina home, but had a "cardiac event" in the process of covering a pit and died, according to a news release from the Edgefield County Sheriff's Office. 

Deputies responded to the home in Trenton on Saturday morning for calls of an unresponsive man lying in his yard. Deputies identified him as Joseph McKinnon, who had no signs of trauma "and natural causes were suspected," the release said. 

As deputies notified the next of kin, a second body was found in the freshly dug pit, the release said. Officials identified those remains as Patricia Dent, 65, who also lived at the home.

SC

• Like 1

This is sort of ironic.On the day Lester Piggott died the first race of the day at Longchamp was was won by  NEVERSAY the even money favourite.

Lesters first Derby winner in 1954 was the 33/1 shot  NEVER SAY DIE.

• Like 2

At least 15 people were injured on Saturday when a driver plowed into a crowd of people in northeastern Pennsylvania who had gathered to raise money for people affected by a devastating home fire that had killed 10 people a week earlier.
SC

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

At least 15 people were injured on Saturday when a driver plowed into a crowd of people in northeastern Pennsylvania who had gathered to raise money for people affected by a devastating home fire that had killed 10 people a week earlier.
SC

How is that ironic?

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, MortalCaso said:

How is that ironic?

Where is the death?

• Like 1

Floridian lawyer and biker, Ron Smith, who actively campaigned against state helmet laws until they were changed, dies in a motorcycle accident whilst implementing his constitutional right to not wear a helmet. Oh, and his helmetless girlfriend/passenger also died. God bless America. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 2

19 hours ago, jcc said:

Floridian lawyer and biker, Ron Smith, who actively campaigned against state helmet laws until they were changed, dies in a motorcycle accident whilst implementing his constitutional right to not wear a helmet. Oh, and his helmetless girlfriend/passenger also died. God bless America. 

It had to be Florida

• Like 1

On 26/10/2022 at 03:31, jcc said:

My Dads cousin was knocked off his  push bike by a lorry smacked his head against the curb causing a massive head injury a fractured skull and permanent brain damage.He was in a coma for 3 months and spent nearly a whole year in hospital even being given the last rights twice.Eventually he recovered about 90% to his former self and was able to go back to work as a teacher for another 15+ years participate in nearly all aspects of normal life and saw his children grow up graduate marry and have kids and is now enjoying his retirement  and is now in his 70s .All because he wore a helmet.

• Like 4

Thanks, that's what I'm looking for,I knew I had seen it somewhere