Godot

Assassinations

Assassinations are notoriously difficult to predict but I would guess they account for at least one famous person a year. This year we had Rafiq Hariri in Lebanon. Who might be considered assassination risks for 2006? The hit on Lennon came out of the blue. What about Sven-Goran Eriksson pre world cup? It could happen. The Americans might get Bin Laden at last (but I doubt it). Ariel Sharon has to be in the frame, one would have thought, having a name like an Essex girl. It's possible that someone might get at Saddam before justice prevails. I should make it clear I don't want to see anyone bumped off but to be forewarned is to be forearmed.

• Like 1

. Ariel Sharon has to be in the frame, one would have thought, having a name like an Essex girl. It's possible that someone might get at Saddam before justice prevails. I should make it clear I don't want to see anyone bumped off but to be forewarned is to be forearmed.

...if not necessarily foreskinned.

• Like 1

. Ariel Sharon has to be in the frame, one would have thought, having a name like an Essex girl. It's possible that someone might get at Saddam before justice prevails. I should make it clear I don't want to see anyone bumped off but to be forewarned is to be forearmed.

...if not necessarily foreskinned.

:o Bravo, Captain.

I think i9f we checked the papers we would find lots of people get assassinated every day. Maybe each one should get their own special post.

I think Gerry Adams and Martin McGuinness have to be middle odds candidates in this area simply because their march to political solutions in Northern Ireland has left a few criminal psychopaths out in the cold and less employed than they used to be.

John Lennon - 1940 - 1980

Everyone within the secretes of my life Lennon is linked

somewhere in between. Another storie I can not explain

because the first thing someone saids when you tell them

something beyond belief is "Where is the evidence"

I did share a special storie with one Deathlist member

and she herself was amazed. I will not post it but if your

seriously interested at all PM me.

I think it's safe to say that I could call Mr.Lennon my brother.

It's been 25 years and he will allways be missed.

John Lennon - 1940 - 1980

It's been 25 years and he will allways be missed.

Always is a long time Bansheez

I don't think assassination is all that common if it is defined as killing for political or religious motives as my dictionary defines it. It's odd that Adams and McGuinness should have survived without so much as a nick but I would say they are virtually home and dry, as is Paisley (who is one for my 2006 general list). The best bets are in the Middle East or India whenever they have a Gandhi in charge which they don't have just now.

Howabout an Al Quaeda double attack on George Bush and Tony Blair next year.

America is definately overdue a presidential assassination and the current incumbent of the job is a most deserving case for this sort of treatment.

Howabout an Al Quaeda double attack on George Bush and Tony Blair next year.

America is definately overdue a presidential assassination and the current incumbent of the job is a most deserving case for this sort of treatment.

Not including the assassination of Mrs. T by the Conservative party in 1990, Britain hasn't had an assassinated PM since Spencer Perceval in 1812. He is still the only PM to have been assassinated. But will that change? Afterall, Gordon Brown is desperate to get the top job...

(I'm now being watched by the anti-terrorism police :sicktherm: )

I suppose that's the problem with this thread, it sounds like wishful thinking whereas I would never want to see anyone take out Lady T. Death by a thousand Blair speeches is far more fitting. If anything happens to Blair it will be an accident, says Gordon.

It's odd that Adams and McGuinness should have survived without so much as a nick but I would say they are virtually home and dry

Dunno there Godot. This is the danger time I reckon. For years the psychos in Ulster have been respected and feared. Now they're lacking a role and some of them are genuine nutters - useful once, out of time now. In the immortal lines of Patrick McGhee - who damn near did for Thatcher in 1984 - the terrorist only has to get lucky once. McGuinness and Adams - who've done more to leave these guys unemployed than anyone - have to get lucky everyday.

I suppose somebody has to pay for Shergar

If somebody plugged Sean Connery would it be ashashination?

Indeed.

Bush should by all rights be assassinated, as he was elected in a year ending in 0. (yes, I know, when I say "elected", I mean, "asked his brother to rig the election")

All American presidents elected in a year ending in 0 since 1840 have died whilst in office, except Ronald Reagan. And if John Hinckley had been more accurate, even he would have continued the trend.

And we all know Bush isn't exactly the most popular of US Presidents.

Fingers crossed.

If somebody plugged Sean Connery would it be ashashination?

That would be very appropriate,

as the word assassin comes from the Arabic for Hashish-eater,

I wonder if Sean Connery could say that and keep his teeth

Perhaps his teeth are fake? Well Godot..

You seem to be the dentist?

All American presidents elected in a year ending in 0 since 1840 have died whilst in office, except Ronald Reagan. And if John Hinckley had been more accurate, even he would have continued the trend.

Wasn't that due to some sort of Native American curse? I read about it some years ago, when Bush was about to be 'elected'...

Perhaps his teeth are fake? Well Godot..

You seem to be the dentist?

Falsies. I saw him throw them over the hat stand in Dr No. "Good morning Mish Moneypenny, nishe dresh your wearing."

Wasn't that due to some sort of Native American curse? I read about it some years ago, when Bush was about to be 'elected'...

Judge for yourself

of course he could.

Indeed.

Bush should by all rights be assassinated, as he was elected in a year ending in 0. (yes, I know, when I say "elected", I mean, "asked his brother to rig the election")

And we all know Bush isn't exactly the most popular of US Presidents.

Fingers crossed.

That alone highlights the flaw in this alleged '0' curse. ;)

• Like 1