Godot

Assassinations

Guest Guest
I'm wondering whether this thread could support a little sub list of oligarchs at risk. After the death of every name tagger's nightmare, Badri Patarkatsishvili (know as Bad Pat among the boys), you have to wonder about the possibilities for Boris Berezovsky and other dissidents such as Yuli Dubov and Nikolai Glushkov.

Meanwhile the Israelis see to be getting through their various enemies at a fairly consistent rate with the demise of Imad Mughniyeh, the chap who made Terry Waite for so long.

Bad Pat died nat.

clang.bmp

this is a totally off topic test. Can people see the attachment link posted above, and can anyone open it?

As far as Russians are concerned you want oligarchs, journalists and notable Chechnyans.

The next President also wouldn't be a bad bet. When Putin becomes Prime Minister, he would be the successor to the interim Presidency should anything happen to the new President. He would also be enabled to run for Presidency in the new elections given that there was a break (albeit a short one) between the his two consecutive terms in office and his new stint as President.

Meanwhile the Israelis seem to be getting through their various enemies at a fairly consistent rate with the demise of Imad Mughniyeh, the chap who made Terry Waite for so long.

after all?

Wheels within wheels
my friend...

a simple anagram of "Imad Mughniyeh" suggests why he was such a legend amongst his people - Hug Him, Many Die.

Wheels within wheels indeed

Guest Guest
The next President also wouldn't be a bad bet. When Putin becomes Prime Minister, he would be the successor to the interim Presidency should anything happen to the new President.

Puppet elected president.

sweep.jpg

"Squeak squeak squeak! Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeak!!!!!", added Mr Medvedev.

Indeedy, and there's a few deadpools offering extra for sudden, violent death.

Makes you wonder like, how much longer can Pakistan survive as a sovereign state?

Prominent American abortionist Dr George Tiller has been shot dead. He survived a previous attempt on his life in 1993.

Prominent American abortionist Dr George Tiller has been shot dead. He survived a previous attempt on his life in 1993.

STOP PRESS: He's gonna be buried in a bucket!

I haven't taken much interest in the JFK assassination in the past but trawling around looking for any prominent survivors as possible DL candidates I was drawn to a couple of YouTube clips. One asks

, and the other looks at the theory Kennedy was
. I never knew before that Jackie Kennedy

If anyone fancies a long shot then Lars Vilks is an interesting bet.

Seven people have been arrested in the Irish Republic over an alleged plot to kill the blasphemous Swedish cartoonist.

For a moment, before I read that the arrested men were of Middle Eastern origin, I thought there was some sort of involvement from battle hardened traditional Irish paramilitaries, out for the reward money, which would have been a bit of a turn up for the books.

If anyone fancies a long shot then Lars Vilks is an interesting bet.

Seven people have been arrested in the Irish Republic over an alleged plot to kill a the blasphemous Swedish cartoonist.

For a moment, before I read that the arrested men were of Middle Eastern origin, I thought there was some sort of involvement from battle hardened traditional Irish paramilitaries, out for the reward money, which would have been a bit of a turn up for the books.

They shouldn't learned from last time when they killed Willie Rushton...:sicktherm:

Snatched this from Reuters:-

MEXICO CITY, June 28 - Mexican singer Sergio Vega was murdered while on a national tour at the weekend, just hours after denying reports of his death, local media reported.

The 40-year-old singer, known as El Shaka, was driving his red Cadillac to a concert in the northern Mexican state of Sinaloa on Saturday when his car was intercepted by unidentified shooters in a truck, reports said.

His murder came just hours after he told entertainment website La Oreja that online reports of his death were wrong.

"It's happened to me for years now, someone tells a radio station or a newspaper I've been killed, or suffered an accident," said Vega.

"And then I have to call my dear mum, who has heart trouble, to reassure her."

Fans posted condolences on Twitter after they learned of the death of the singer, who recently boosted his security following the killing of several Mexican musicians.

Musicians performing narcocorridos, or songs celebrating the lives of drug barons, have become the targets of rival drug gangs in Mexico with Mexican media reporting several such deaths in recent years.

News reports suggest the misfiring car bomb in Times Square was directed at the offices of Viacom, parent company of South Park related projects.

Make images of The Prophet at your peril!

You've probably got to assume that Viacom CEOs, and Parker & Stone themselves, have got far too much money and safety to ever be the fatal recipient of Jihad. Some schmuck internet cartoonist who has just found herself placed on an execution hitlist by Anwar Al-Awlaki, however, probably might not fair as well.

Hardline American sheriff Joe Arpaio, who has become infamous for his use of hardline tatics such as the reintroduction of the chain gang, is now believed to be the subject of a $1 million bounty put up by a disgruntled Mexican drugs cartel. There are many immigrants in Arizona at the moment who have good reason to feel persecuted, so there's a pretty reasonable chance someone might take advantage of the cartel's kind offer.

Hardline American sheriff Joe Arpaio, who has become infamous for his use of hardline tatics such as the reintroduction of the chain gang, is now believed to be the subject of a $1 million bounty put up by a disgruntled Mexican drugs cartel. There are many immigrants in Arizona at the moment who have good reason to feel persecuted, so there's a pretty reasonable chance someone might take advantage of the cartel's kind offer.

Oh dear! two post higher up in the thread I told of the drug cartels killing a singer - sounds like a song soon to be sung will be "Who shot the Sheriff?" Now DDT you are on the ball way too often! I think this is could be odds on - only thing I'll add - it only takes one nut job - and they don't work to end of year shedules. Either he will have been topped within the month or he will be taking early retirement to the US Virgin Islands.

Alleged Moscow Metro bombing mastermind Magomedali Vagabov killed in battles with Russian Army. Can someone who has any idea what's going on other there let us know if this means Dokku Umarov is or isn't gonna get bodied within the next 18 months?

Alleged Moscow Metro bombing mastermind Magomedali Vagabov killed in battles with Russian Army. Can someone who has any idea what's going on other there let us know if this means Dokku Umarov is or isn't gonna get bodied within the next 18 months?

It does. I am pretty confident the net is closing on Umarov and he will be 'eliminated', as they in Russia like to put it, by the year's end. A fairly bold statement but that's how it seems now.

As mentioned in passing elsewhere, reports coming in that the Colombian military has succeeded in killing FARC big dog Mono Jojoy, who is probably best known in the west for his role in the Powerpuff Girls.

Don't know first name but it's squeaky bum time for a Colonel Sherbakov . Mercader squad thought to be after him. On the other hand they may be just trying to put the frighteners on him. An ice pick would add a neat retro touch. Could be a bold DDP punt for 2011.