Godot

Assassinations

Swedish police believe they've figured out who killed Olof Palme. They've identified Stig Engström (deceased) as the person they think assassinated the Prime Minister in 1986.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8405323/Sweden-reveal-results-1986-Olof-Palme-murder-investigation.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline

• Like 2

On 10/06/2020 at 05:24, alt obits guy said:

Swedish police believe they've figured out who killed Olof Palme. They've identified Stig Engström (deceased) as the person they think assassinated the Prime Minister in 1986.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8405323/Sweden-reveal-results-1986-Olof-Palme-murder-investigation.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline

Thank God.  Now the team of Sweden’s top investigator’s can open up cold cases from 1987!

As a Russian and former Putinist, I pray for Navalny's (his name is pronounced uh-lex-YAY nuh-WAHL-neey) speedy recovery.  To think that I used to troll him and spread lies about Mr. Navalny 2 years ago ... I hope he survives, ousts (censored) and makes Russia democratic and economically prosperous. I think this man deserves his own thread. Paul , do you  mind if I create a thread dedicated to this brave fighter?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

President of Haiti assassinated 

Assassinated did you say?

• Like 1

Dutch crime investigator/journalist Peter R. de Vries, known for the Natalee Holloway case, was shot in his face yesterday in the city centre of Amsterdam. he's fighting for his life in the hospital right now.

The assassination attempt is linked to the marengo process. Earlier the brother and attorney of the crown witness had been killed. De Vries had also started working with the crown witness.

4ad790e2-de8a-11eb-a067-0290bd170ad1_web_scale_0.5763689_0.5763689__.jpg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, odeon said:

Dutch crime investigator/journalist Peter R. de Vries, known for the Natalee Holloway case, was shot in his face yesterday in the city centre of Amsterdam. he's fighting for his life in the hospital right now.

The assassination attempt is linked to the marengo process. Earlier the brother and attorney of the crown witness had been killed. De Vries had also started working with the crown witness.

Can't fault the work-ethic of the assassins. That said, two guys face court over this so it's likely to remain lively in Holland for a wee while, then.

Oh aye, and...Jovenel  Moise, president of Haiti, had some visitors with firearms - he didn't live to tell the tale

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-57750358

The good news being this'll likely put a stop to protests demanding his resignation

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Drewsky1211 said:

First Lady Martine Moise also reportedly dead.

She's now being reported alive but in critical condition, efforts are being made to bring her to Miami to be treated. 

1 hour ago, mollyafox said:

She's now being reported alive but in critical condition, efforts are being made to bring her to Miami to be treated. 

Despot's wives, eh? The second the old man's dead they flee abroad and head for anywhere with a fuck-off shopping mall!

2 hours ago, mollyafox said:

103486.jpg?b64lines=IFNoZSBXQVMgUlVTSEVE

• Like 2

On 07/07/2021 at 14:28, odeon said:

Family statement released, he has died.

Assassination successful.

• Like 1

On 07/07/2021 at 15:28, odeon said:

R.I.P.

• Sad 2

33 minutes ago, odeon said:

R.I.P.

The OP doesn’t get an emoji response, but someone types RIP and gets two?  Sometimes this place we call DL makes not a bit of sense.

SC

• Thanks 1

I do wonder why people bother to post something like "RIP" with no further comment.  

As for the responses, I suppose they're just agreement.

• Like 1

I kinda thought he somehow would make it since its been what? A week since he was shot. 

But with multiple gunshots through the head it was a bit too optimistic.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

The OP doesn’t get an emoji response, but someone types RIP and gets two?  Sometimes this place we call DL makes not a bit of sense.

SC

12 minutes ago, Toast said:

I do wonder why people bother to post something like "RIP" with no further comment.  

What actually happened was that Odeon posted that he had died after YW but I didn't see YW's post (as I presume neither did arghton).

Then Odeon obviously noticed YW had already posted so edited his post to RIP making me and arghton's sad reactions look a bit stupid and generating both of your comments.

Fills the day I suppose.....:D

• Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

SC

I'll take folk posting "RIP" any day over your tedious chronic whinging, referring to yourself in the third person, and the fact you sign off every fucking post with "SC" despite having a username visible. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

19 hours ago, Toast said:

I originally just reported he died, then I saw someone already did that, so to not double post I just changed it to R.I.P. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

What actually happened was that Odeon posted that he had died after YW but I didn't see YW's post (as I presume neither did arghton).

Then Odeon obviously noticed YW had already posted so edited his post to RIP making me and arghton's sad reactions look a bit stupid and generating both of your comments.

Fills the day I suppose.....:D

This here ^

• Haha 1