Boudicca

Caption Competitions

The inner post whore in me had forgotten all about this thread until just now. I'm no good at finding good pictures, but I miss the humour brought on by this game. Furthermore (since I will no doubt be ridiculed and have my intellegence insulted in the "fights" thread if I begin another sentence with "and"), if MPFC can resurrect dozens of thread for his personal enjoyment, surely I can re-animate one?

Furthermore, starting a sentence with "furthermore" sounds somehow simultaneously stupider and more pretentious/pompous than just beginning a sentence on an online forum with the word "and," grammar be damned. :lol:

If pedantry is what you're going for, allow me to join in:

I don't think it is good writing to begin two almost-consecutive sentences with the same joiner (can't be f*cked to find the correct grammatical terms for joining words). I believe you should have started your final sentence with "finally". Thus:

Sentences one and two. Furthermore, sentence three. Pretty picture. Finally, sentence four.

That makes for a better-written read.

CP tells us that he is intelligent (I can't be arsed looking up the reference because I don't need a doctorate on the strength of it and I doubt if he will argue against me on that point anyway.) As he is intelligent he is obviously more likely to be right than any of the rest of us so, although I whole-heartedly agree with ie+'s assesment, I will will not dare to criticise the great Paul of Canada (upon whose writings we can confidenltly found our belief-systems and life-styles.)

;):P:angry:

Have I missed something here?

Does this have something to do with the now legendary rant of Star Crossed?

Whos side am I on?

Should I go back to sleep?

Does this make me a post whore?

So many questions to be answered.....

Or are there?

I don't think it is good writing to begin two almost-consecutive sentences with the same joiner (can't be f*cked to find the correct grammatical terms for joining words). I believe you should have started your final sentence with "finally". Thus:

Sentences one and two. Furthermore, sentence three. Pretty picture. Finally, sentence four.

What I was going for was this:

This a forum, not a scholarly thesis. If it sounds right and people can understand what you're saying, then you're fine. I'm not a grammar expert, nor do I pretend to be, which is why if you'll look, I've never corrected anyone else's grammar or means of expressing themselves on this forum.

People who have to police grammar and spelling on an online discussion forum clearly need to take a few steps away from the computer and go find something else to do with their time.

Oh, and I also really wanted to start up the Caption Contest thread to help people lighten up a bit too. It wasn't just an excuse to bitch about how we all have the right to be grammatically lazy here.

Whos side am I on?

Or are there?

Nothing worth experiencing.

Yes

Go with your heart

I would

No such thing

Maybe

Not really

:referee:

This a forum, not a scholarly thesis. If it sounds right and people can understand what you're saying, then you're fine. I'm not a grammar expert, nor do I pretend to be, which is why if you'll look, I've never corrected anyone else's grammar or means of expressing themselves on this forum.

People who have to police grammar and spelling on an online discussion forum clearly need to take a few steps away from the computer and go find something else to do with their time.

Oh, and I also really wanted to start up the Caption Contest thread to help people lighten up a bit too. It wasn't just an excuse to bitch about how we all have the right to be grammatically lazy here.

Well, you certainly made me laugh! :o:o:referee:

mc-hammer-pants.jpg

" Well my dress looks pretty, but I really do need to get my frickin' boobs done... "

mc-hammer-pants.jpg

After searching the country high and low, Big Brother producers finally find and even more annoying replacement for Shabaaz.

What I was going for was this:

Whos side am I on?

Or are there?

Nothing worth experiencing.

Yes

Go with your heart

I would

No such thing

Maybe

Not really

:referee:

Thanks for clearing that up CP. I thought I had missed the start of something with no one to throw insults at. Thanl God it was a false alarm. :o

mc-hammer-pants.jpg

Ridiculous racial stereotype! Moi?

020429_civil.jpg

John Prescott reveals the identity of his mystery marriage councillor...

020429_civil.jpg

The Prince of Wales shows his remarkable fitness when pumping up England's World Cup mascot.

regards,

Hein

020429_civil.jpg

The Royal-Doctor-Who story continues...

As Dr Who-Charles meets with the evil Bag-Of-Wind, he trys to ignore the EAR* alarm that is causing his ears to glow and heat up.

*Expected Attack from the Redface-Men ( from planet 22496459873***66^^~)

I really need to get out more. <_<

prologue-patrickfield-170.jpg

"Anyone else need a bottle opened?"

[

'I only wear this shirt and stick bottles up my arse to draw peoples attention away from my flipper feet.'

"iain takes his protest against DL's lack of recent success to a new level"

I am bad at these but here goes...

'BREAKING NEWS: Weekend at Bernies 3 is set to be released this winter'

"Alcoholic lowers himself on bottle to prevent any prospect of sharing"

"Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine? No, but I do it anyways because it's sterile and I like the taste"

(yes, I ripped that quote from 'Dodgeball')

erm................. I can't see the picture! :lol:

Prescott%20250W.gif

Guess what he's saying.

Fingers? ... Fudge? .... Fluffy bunny?

I can't think of a good caption, I'm overwhelmed by the beauty and grace that is JP.

:lol:

Prescott%20250W.gif

It was only 5 days, no more.

Guest C. Thomson of Glasgow

"If oI've tolkd youonfce, Iver toled ypou a tthozusannd timnes: I'm not Brinsworth Housew Bafiter!"

:lol::lol::lol:

Erm, actually that is me in that picture. Despite what it looks like though, that bottle is not actually inserted into my anus.

"Anger as paedophiles allowed foreign holidays on parole".

"Campaign finds worst dressed man in the world".

"Local man tells of ordeal after shoe robbery.

"Homeless man protests. Everyone else says: "get a job".

Thats me dun...