Sign in to follow this  
Coatlicue

Eugene Landy

Possibly only of interest to those who have worked in record shops, and huge Beach Boys fans. But Eugene Landy, 'psychiatrist' to Brian Wilson, has made himself comfortable and laid down on the couch for the last time. Landy notoriously cashed in his vulnerable celebrity client's fame wrote Wilson's money spinning biography

http://xrrf.blogspot.com/2006/04/psychobit-eugene-landy.html

Good riddance to bad rubbish I say.

I do like Brian Wilson though - anyone see him at Live8 in Berlin. At the start he said "Well it's sure great to back in Kansas again" :unsure:

perhaps it's not nice to celebrate someone's demise - but thank christ landy is dead! vile man. brian wilson is a very fragile, damaged man, and landy saw his chance to cash in - even to the point of getting 'co-composer' credits on wilson songs as well as writing the biography. i doubt many will miss him.

Possibly only of interest to those who have worked in record shops, and huge Beach Boys fans. But Eugene Landy, 'psychiatrist' to Brian Wilson, has made himself comfortable and laid down on the couch for the last time. Landy notoriously cashed in his vulnerable celebrity client's fame wrote Wilson's money spinning biography

http://xrrf.blogspot.com/2006/04/psychobit-eugene-landy.html

There was a similar psychiatrist/weasel guy who thought he was part of Metallica in the film Some Kind of Monster.

By the way, while I'm sure the story's true, I tend to ignore articles with typos in them, like that one which mentions how the good doctor wrote the "Undergroud Dictionary". If it had misspelled "dictionary", I wonder if that would have been ironic. Or ironical, as my mother would say. Also, presumably it should have said "change his will, largely in Landis' favour", not "in Wilson's favour".

In fact, that whole article looks like it was tapped out by a chimp using a banana-flavoured keyboard. Much like this post

A better obit just for you, Ronnie. not exactly impartial...by the way, welcome to new member Coatlicue. I don't think I know you, but your face seems familiar...

Wilson weighed 22 stone, and was diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic and manic depressive when he was first placed in the care of Landy during the 1970s. Under Landy's "milieu therapy" programme, he was kept under 24-hour surveillance and subjected to a punishing regime of diet, exercise and mood-altering drugs. Hulking assistants, whom Wilson's friends called "the Surf Nazis", supervised his every waking moment, while Landy coached Wilson in daily social skills, holding up signs with the words "Smile" and "Positive" in bright red ink whenever he appeared in public.

Photographs of the pair from this period show Landy as a small man with a bouffant hair-style, suspiciously white teeth, and the flamboyant suiting of a nightclub magician. Wilson stares into the camera with a fixed grin, as if being manipulated by strings.

No we don't.

That's the spirit.....

By the way what happened to your former (and might I add exquisitely attractive) avatar?

I, Sir, am a master of disguise.

No we don't.

That's the spirit.....

By the way what happened to your former (and might I add exquisitely attractive) avatar?

Isn't that 'Jack's Creation'?

Isn't that 'Jack's Creation'?

Gah! Foiled again! I would have got away with it if it weren't for you meddling prison warder.