Jeez, my heart did a substantial jump on seeing this thread bumped. Ray is still writing best I know, an inspiration to all writers!

I have noticed that too many nonagenarians on the list have lingered too long.I am therefore expecting a sudden flood of ninety something deaths at any time!

Hit number 5 then. Wasn't sure if he was on the list at first - could have sworn he was but then I searched for his name and couldn't find him (I guess because Ray is less than 4 letters and doesn't get picked up)

Guest ikywn

Will he be cremated at 451F?

Death is a Lonely Business

A Graveyard for Lunatics

Surely a worthy obit titlle can be made from those. RIP anyway, I used Farenheit 451 as the subject of my Junior AP Literature exam.

Something Dead This Way Comes

Everything that happens before Death is what counts

Farenheit 45Done... I thought it was funny at least.

Guest Kewlaidkiddd

Will he be cremated at 451F?

AWESOME

Guest Guest

Not even halfway through the year and allready 5 hits.is it possible we could get into double figures for the first time in 3 years? We dare to hope!

Nice timing: dying while a Transit of Venus is happening. I don't think he wrote about such astronomical phenomena, but he might have.

Edit to add: one of his short stories has as a tiltle: "Bang! You're Dead!". Works for me as an obit title.

Five hits means that we're right on par for a double figure final score in 2012.

regards,

Hein

Farewell Summer.

Guest American Sports Fan

"To the Dust Returned"

I noticed that on the main page it has Ray Bradbury as June 6th. I'm kind of a rookie here, but Ray died on the 5th. Not sure if you list them by their date of death or the day it was reported.

I knew he was getting up there in years I just hadn't realized how up there he was.

I noticed that on the main page it has Ray Bradbury as June 6th. I'm kind of a rookie here, but Ray died on the 5th. Not sure if you list them by their date of death or the day it was reported.

Well he died in California at night on the 5th so maybe if it was posted by someone in a British Time Zone it was already the 6th.