Sign in to follow this  
beebee

Not Totally Off Topic... (?)

this is a simplified diagram of my neighborhood. the !'s are a road, as are the _'s.

scale is about 1/4 mile/inch.

_________A

!

!

!

!

! C

! B D

!__________________

A = my house

B = chinese resteraunt

C = creamatoria

D = mortuary

does this bother anyone else?

this just sunk in last night. i don't think i'll be having chinese food anytime soon.

That's quite disturbing...there wouldn't happen to be a pet store anywhere in the vicinity of B, would there?

It wouldn't bother me, but then I'm a vegetarian

This reminds me of Fraserburgh's own Chinese Scandal.

One of the Chinese carryout places were serving sea gull in place of chicken and goose. Yummy.

Beebee, how were their spare ribs? Large?

my local chinese restaurant is half way between the crematorium and the animal rescue.

Nowt wrong with crispy fried poodle... ermm I mean noodle :unsure:

I think you've proved my point from another thread Beebee. Ten years ago that would have been a fish n'chip shop. It's a disgrace.

I'd be more concerned by a fish and chip shop next to a liposuction clinic. Ready access to cheap fat may prove to be too tempting for the less scrupulous chippie owner.

Yummy :unsure:

I'm not that far from my local crem, which is just over the road from a chinese. It hadn't struck me till now, thanks for sharing that with the group.

________________________________BHB Towers

!

!

!

!

!_______Pub (The Slaughtered Infant)

!

!

!

!____________________________Dealer's Abode (Church)

!

!

!

!

!_______________Police Station (B&:unsure:

!

!

!

!

!

!________Brothel (Ex-Wife's)

!

!

!

!

!__________________________________Graveyard (Venue to be after church)

My neighbourhood's cool.... :blink:

the ribs were about normal size, it was the fortune cookies that said "that wasn't chicken" that bother me.

and we don't have fish & chips in the states. and even if we did, i don't eat anything without shoulders.

and we don't have fish & chips in the states. and even if we did, i don't eat anything without shoulders.

I'd imagine it would be quite difficult to eat without shoulders!

the ribs were about normal size, it was the fortune cookies that said "that wasn't chicken" that bother me.

Fish have shoulders.

Fish have shoulders.

i have never seen a shoulder on a fish. i don't eat all things with shoulders, which leads into another subject entirely, but let's not go there.

Fish have shoulders.

i have never seen a shoulder on a fish. i don't eat all things with shoulders, which leads into another subject entirely, but let's not go there.

No lets. See I've never understood why meat eaters make a fuss about eating certain types of flesh and not others, if it's for religious reasons fair enough, but why is it ok to eat a sheep but not a dog? I don't get it, if you're willing to eat some types of meat you should eat all. When I was a meat eater I ate all types

Even dog??? :blink:

I've never eaten dog but if it was cooked and prepared I don't see how that would be different from eating pig or any other animal. If you are going to eat dead flesh you shouldn't distinguish

I've never eaten dog but if it was cooked and prepared I don't see how that would be different from eating pig or any other animal. If you are going to eat dead flesh you shouldn't distinguish

I agree, but what about human flesh? (Ah, a morbid way to begin the morning...)

I agree, but what about human flesh? (Ah, a morbid way to begin the morning...)

I'm a vegetarian at the moment so I wouldn't eat any flesh, but I can't rule out going back to eating meat. Also I can't say I'd never eat human flesh. It seems very unlikely at the moment but I can't rule it out. If I was involved in a plane crash and had to human flesh to survive then of course I would and anyone who says they wouldn't is lying.

one kind is the same as the other. i just don't like some of them.

get your mind off philosophy and back in the gutter where it belongs. ;)

one kind is the same as the other. i just don't like some of them.

get your mind off philosophy and back in the gutter where it belongs. ;)

If it's just based on taste then that's ok. I find it funny that I'm the vegetarian but I'm the only one who's answered the human flesh question

If it were a matter of life or death, then I would be the first to tuck in to a bit of somebody, but as a general rule, I try not to eat people.

I don't eat a lot of meat anyway as I am a hugely fussy eater and don't like the taste of it.

Although, I do love a bacon sandwich every now and then. The smell of bacon frying, especially when you're hungry, is amazing! ;)

:ghost:

If it came down to life or death...then it's eat or be eaten. I'm in for it in order to stay alive.

So is this guy Oklahoma cannibal

well, the law around here frowns on eating people. as for a life or death situation, i've never been there, so i can't truly say.

and i was a vegatarian for close on 30 years, but a bad case of anemia and a truly irresistable taco put an end to it.

Shouldn't this be merged with the 'Deathlist Kitchen' thread?

I'd probably eat human flesh if there was reason to... let's be honest, I do hate to miss a meal. I attempted to be vegetarian when I was 14, it lasted for about two weeks.

There was a popular expression round these parts many years ago, that a person should be willing to kill and prepare any food they consume. I'd like to think that I could do that, though to date have never had call to. When I worked in the seafood restaurant, though I did not have to kill any of the fish/seafood I prepared, I did have to gut and clean it all. Didn't have a problem doing it.

Assumedly there are laws here about eating human flesh, though I don't know for sure. There are laws here about eating roadkill (of the animal variety, I would assume): I believe it is legal to eat roadkill within 24 hours of the animal's death. After that, it's illegal.

I've eaten Guinea pig, rat and locusts.

Tempus, may I ask under what circumstances you consumed rat?