Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

37 minutes ago, Toast said:

Nah.  I think she would have just said No anyway.  She wouldn't need any help from the likes of Scummings.

Because she’s got such a record of rejecting what the PM has to say?

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Because she’s got such a record of rejecting what the PM has to say?

Because there is a pandemic of a highly infectious disease and she was seeing nobody in person outside her own household bubble.

The Queen has a damn sight more common sense than Alexander Johnson.

44 minutes ago, Toast said:

The Queen has a damn sight more common sense than Alexander Johnson.

I don’t doubt that for a second, but only because everyone has more common sense than Johnson. I just find it hard to believe she’d have told him to fuck off, particularly when you look at the number of times she should’ve done already; look how many times he’s lied to her (the prorogation of Parliament being just one example that springs to mind) and there’s no evidence of her showing any awareness of this whatsoever, leave alone giving even the slightest shit.

31 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

I don’t doubt that for a second, but only because everyone has more common sense than Johnson. I just find it hard to believe she’d have told him to fuck off, particularly when you look at the number of times she should’ve done already; look how many times he’s lied to her (the prorogation of Parliament being just one example that springs to mind) and there’s no evidence of her showing any awareness of this whatsoever, leave alone giving even the slightest shit.

I'm sure she didn't tell him to fuck off, not in those words anyway.  He would just have been told that personal visits were not possible and that he would have to make do with Zoom or Skype or whatever.  Quite simply, the Queen was shielding because she's over 90, just like thousands of other vulnerable people all over the country.  There's no reason at all why the Queen would have made an exception, and no reason for Scumming to take any credit.

4 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

The Daily Express front page 4 September 2021

Holy shit!  That's amazing.  A £5 saving when you shop at sports direct. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

5 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

Holy shit!  That's amazing.  A £5 saving when you shop at sports direct. 

Save the nation. Buy some flowers for your...............

So, if Dicky Arbiter thinks that leak of the funeral plans is "disrespectful and grubby" has anyone told him about this thread?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Perhaps there's a reason why they've been leaked at this time.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, JQW said:

Perhaps there's a reason why they've been leaked at this time.

I doubt it.The Queen seems pretty healthy for a 95 year old.If she does have a serious health problem I doubt she would disclose it  to anyone outside the immediate family unless it was obvious which it isn't .

• Like 1

I've not looked at the details of this leak but is there anything much different to the Operation London Bridge plans that have been circulating for a decade? Or is there more specific detail included?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

I've not looked at the details of this leak but is there anything much different to the Operation London Bridge plans that have been circulating for a decade? Or is there more specific detail included?

Given the newspaper source raging is Dickie Arbiter, it's probably the plans from the 1960s...

22 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Surely it is best to know that there is a plan and that they are just hoping the Archbishop of Canterbury won't have booked a fortnight in Ibiza or that its not a black bin week collection in Windsor

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Surely it is best to know that there is a plan and that they are just hoping the Archbishop of Canterbury won't have booked a fortnight in Ibiza or that its not a black bin week collection in Windsor

But black bins would at least be appropriate.

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Just my thoughts and other members maybe disagree…

As already stated, nuch new in there. It’s the same basic plans that have been known for ages now but I imagine they will be subject to change depending on the circumstances. A LOT changed with Philip’s death owing to the pandemic. The only thing I can add is Her Majesty wants to die at Balmoral in Scotland, it being her most personal residence.

I’d like to hear from @Windsor on this one…

• Like 1

Weirdly impersonal voice to that Daily Express story. Where were the funeral details published, and when? Did the widespread anger actually erupt among people, or did it just blow up like spontaneous combustion when the spark of fury came out of nowhere? Who does Dickie Arbiter think should sack somebody? Is he still the Queen's official spokesman at 81, or is he just a rentaquote that they phone up when they've got absolutely no real sources?

On 13/09/2021 at 17:17, Ulitzer95 said:

Just my thoughts and other members maybe disagree…

As already stated, nuch new in there. It’s the same basic plans that have been known for ages now but I imagine they will be subject to change depending on the circumstances. A LOT changed with Philip’s death owing to the pandemic. The only thing I can add is Her Majesty wants to die at Balmoral in Scotland, it being her most personal residence.

I’d like to hear from @Windsor on this one…

Other than not dying at all, I think she would prefer to die at Windsor. She spent the war years there, had a chance to put her mark on it after the fire of 1992 and it is of course where the Duke died. 

Regarding the leaking of her funeral plans, they are all the bloody same anyway...

On 13/09/2021 at 17:17, Ulitzer95 said:

The only thing I can add is Her Majesty wants to die at Balmoral in Scotland, it being her most personal residence.

1 hour ago, Windsor said:

Other than not dying at all, I think she would prefer to die at Windsor. She spent the war years there, had a chance to put her mark on it after the fire of 1992 and it is of course where the Duke died.

After the fire she definitely referred to Windsor Castle as her "home", in contrast to the other royal residences.

15 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Looks frailer than usual imo

Yeah she's really gone downhill since this photo.

See the source image

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, ladyfiona said:

Looks like she means business with that baton.  Watch out, Harry.

• Haha 6

Well, my mother just sent the walking stick photos in our chat group and thinks that she has declined lot. Let's see if it's indeed the beginning of the end.