Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

Told you she looked frailer : thinner and more curved. The walking stick is a sign.

She has lost weight definitely I also thought she looked slightly unsteady on her feet at Philip`s funeral

13 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Well, my mother just sent the walking stick photos in our chat group and thinks that she has declined lot. Let's see if it's indeed the beginning of the end.

I think she has a while to go yet but hardly surprising she is declining she is 95 so bound to happen eventually. I just told my 94 year old Grandma the Queen has to use a walking stick too she has just started to have to use one as she is struggling to walk now, and she can’t get her head round the fact she is slowing down and can’t do what she use to be able to do. The family have all told her she has been lucky to have been able to walk unaided for so long but it’s like talking to a brick wall, she just seems to get more and more depressed about it. We’ve told her she can still do more than most 94 year olds as she can still do most things for herself like preparing food for herself etc only response I got from her about Queen is “Well she’s old you can’t expect anything else.” When I told her they were practically the same age and you can’t expect anything else too I got an earful for my troubles. I also got told how Queen has staff to help her and luck after her and she hasn’t even though we go up everyday to see her and take her to her appointments and help her with anything she needs even though she won’t let us help her as she says  can do it herself. It is so frustrating she is never happy with anything we do for her, I know it’s her age but it’s hard work. Anyway rant over just good to get it of my chest, sorry if bored anyone. 

• Like 4

The Queen has always been an active country person, out walking with dogs on rough ground, and I think you'd find she has always carried a walking stick in those circumstances.  I do myself, as it has multiple uses apart from being an actual walking aid, and have done for years.  I don't miss it when I'm walking on normal surfaces, but if I go out on a country walk without a stick I feel as though I'm missing a limb!

What I'm getting at is that the Queen is no stranger to walking sticks, and at 95 she will find herself starting to rely on it a bit more as a third leg.  It's a sensible precaution.

The stick has been provided by Q.

Anyone who gets within COVID spitting distance is despatched toute suite.

Also goes for anyone wanting to include her in any more fucking Bond related stuff....:P

• Haha 2

She definitely seems thin and frail compared to how she was even a year or two ago. I wouldn't say it's definitely the beginning of the end for Liz just yet, at least as long as nothing more severe comes to light, but certainly not impossible she could be gone by the year's end - people decline very quickly when they get that old. Definitely a top 5 pick for next year if she sees this one out.

Opening the Welsh Parliament yesterday, seems the walking stick is gonna be a standard from now on.

1 hour ago, roaming_comrade said:

Opening the Welsh Parliament yesterday, seems the walking stick is gonna be a standard from now on.

Her mother used a stick for the last 10-15 years of her life so it really doesn’t say much. The Queen has always had terrible posture, largely owing to hunching over a writing desk all her life.

• Like 3

She will die very shortly after her 100th birthday, like my grandma did

She is close to the Platinum Jubilee (70 years reign) now.

Is there any monarch who has celebrated a jubilee after the Platinum one (for example one for 75 years reign)?

11 hours ago, roaming_comrade said:

What’s wrong with her eyes and her mouth ? She seems tense. She looks a lot like her mother prior to her death. I’m beginning to wonder if she’s gonna reach the century now... 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Donald said:

She is close to the Platinum Jubilee (70 years reign) now.

Is there any monarch who has celebrated a jubilee after the Platinum one (for example one for 75 years reign)?

Longest reigning monarch of a sovereign state was Louis XIV of France, 72 years and 110 days. Liz is on place four currently, under Thai king Bhumi and Liechtenstein's Johann II, who died in the 1920s. Both ruled 70 years

Swaziland's Sobhuza II's reign was 82 years but his actual coronation was only 22 years into his reign and his country was a British protectorate until 1968. He died in 1982.

There are six other monarchs of dependant states who ruled over 75 years including Lippe's Bernard VI who died in 1511 after ruling 81 years. He had succeeded his father who died when Bernard was under under ten months old.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

What’s wrong with her eyes and her mouth ? She seems tense.

She looks fine.  She's even smiling. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Toast said:

She looks fine.  She's even smiling. 

You call that smiling ? Damn what could it be when you’re laughing...

Queen Elizabeth is currently 95 and 6 months (95.5).

Queen Mother at 95 and 4 months;

Dec 4, 1995 - The Queen Mother leaving the King Edward VII Hospital for Officers in London after her hip replacement operation

छवि

The Queen is currently 95.5 years old.

Queen Mother at 95.5;

At Hillington Church, Norfolk, 26 January 1996

The Queen and The Queen Mother at Hillington Church, Norfolk, 26 January 1996. Picture by John Shelley Royal Collection/ : News Photo

• Like 3

Yes, that's a good comparison. I think she, the Queen, will not reach her mother's age. The duties have been wearing her down... a little. Her mother was a pampered retiree for 60 years.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Donald said:

The Queen is currently 95.5 years old.

I thought Father Christmas was there for a moment .....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just caught up on all the excitement over the Queen's imminent exit due to being frail and unsteady. Yeah, ok. She's a 95-year-old woman and she's started using a stick, I'm astonished she's reached 95 before she needed one. Still carries the handbag too, whether there's much in it or not. As for looking unsteady at Philip's funeral, I'd challenge any 95-year-old who's just lost her husband of 70 years to look fine and dandy. At 95, anything can happen, but I don't see any reason to think she's going anytime soon.

• Like 4

Walking stick. Well she's as good as dead, eh? :facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I have a little ornament  of the Queen Mum in my house and it includes her with a stick. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I have a little ornament  of the Queen Mum in my house and it includes her with a stick. 

yoda_star-wars_gallery_5c4c03d647409.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8