Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

4 minutes ago, GEMINEYE said:

Maybe he's fucked off that he has to attend a remembrance service on his birthday 

He has done so before as well.

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

I believe she is terminally I’ll and it’s 50/50 if she will make next summer.

I think she'll be lucky to see this Xmas and I'll be calling some bookies tomorrow, as I think the odds of her being the 10th on this list could be in our favour. For Kate to be so upset this year, something's up.

8 minutes ago, YouOnlyDieOnce said:

Excuses, excuses... Back sprain my arse! I think that a pre-Xmas BBC Newsflash is more likely this year than it's ever been. I'll put money on a coronation in 2022.

I suspect a coronation will be in 2023 if she dies in the next 6 months or so. 

54 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

And plenty of people who are ill but not terminally ill are determined to attend things and drop out at the last minute. 

I've had to pull out of speaking engagements on the day before because of utterly KOing migraine attacks. Which are not the early signs of stage IV brain cancer.

• Like 7

Crem is right about one thing to be fair. If there was people leaking stuff there's not a fucking chance the UK media in particular would run with it. 

That said I Don't think there's much wrong with her bar the back strain

2 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Crem is right about one thing to be fair. If there was people leaking stuff there's not a fucking chance the UK media in particular would run with it. 

I'm not so sure. Rupert Murdoch  is anti monarchy , a long standing  republican  and his papers can be pretty irreverent  towards the royals. The foreign press also would not be shy of reporting such information either.

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

Anybody here ever suffered from back pain, then been expected to stand for 2 hours straight on an autumn morning? Thought not. And once again, she's 95. But it's OK, the Oracle that is the Old Crem gets another two pages of cancer posts. By his own estimations, next up is the announcement that Charles is doing the Christmas Message. Good luck!

On a purely basic level, let's imagine for a minute that she's on her last legs: you're seriously telling me nobody with inside knowledge of the Royals is leaking that information in view of the public interest? The household is a vast network and they all have families too. Not one person thinks, "I could make a few quid here and tell the world the Queen's dying"? They're not all dyed in the wool Royal loyalists, you know.

It’s nowhere near 2 hours….more like 25 minutes. The royals come out just before 11…the 2 minute silence…wreath laying…and a couple of verses of O God Our Help In Ages Past. Plus I’m sure they would have allowed her a seat. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

The UK is not the only country in the world with a free press, and they certainly haven't been adverse to publishing information, rumours and photos abroad that the British press would blanche at.

The Duke died just before his 100th Birthday, will the Queen do the same just before her Platinum Jubilee?

Maybe we should run a poll about whether she will still be here 12 months after Philip passed away. Let people put their money where their mouths are.

19 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I'm not so sure. Rupert Murdoch  is anti monarchs , a long standing  republican  and his papers can be pretty irreverent  towards the royals. The foreign press also would not be shy of reporting such information either.

Murdoch loves the queen herself through. 

5 minutes ago, SovietJohnny said:

It’s nowhere near 2 hours….more like 25 minutes. The royals come out just before 11…the 2 minute silence…wreath laying…and a couple of verses of O God Our Help In Ages Past. Plus I’m sure they would have allowed her a seat. 

Apologies, I was factoring in the march past too, which today it appears William is saluting on behalf of the Royal Family. This clearly means that Charles is also on his last legs since he can't do it himself. As for a seat, I don't think she'd want to sit down, her view wouldn't be that good and this is all still a nonsense.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I've never met The Queen but I'm pretty certain that she would regard attending the Remembrance Day ceremony as being the most important and sacred Royal duty of them all.

The fact that she's not going to be there today is pretty serious. 

She missed it 22 years ago and is still with us.

• Like 1

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/16729727/prince-harry-prediction-sally-morgan-meghan-markle/

Maybe we should ask psychic Sally Morgan who has previously done readings for Princess Diana and reported today for Prince Harry. 

Sally has recently used her psychic powers to predict that Harry and Meghan will stay together forever.  .!

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, SovietJohnny said:

She could've been given a commode if the issue was as minor as gastric turbulence. It could then have been emptied over Boris Johnson, shame to waste it.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Apologies, I was factoring in the march past too, which today it appears William is saluting on behalf of the Royal Family. This clearly means that Charles is also on his last legs since he can't do it himself. As for a seat, I don't think she'd want to sit down, her view wouldn't be that good and this is all still a nonsense.

I don’t think Charles has taken the salute since he replaced the Queen as the first weath layer. 

• Facepalm 1

27 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

I'm pretty sure Princess Anne does that. For years i've seen her saluting the veterans.

At this rate by January this thread will be on page 200.

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

I suspect a coronation will be in 2023 if she dies in the next 6 months or so. 

If they wait that long after the Queen's death, whenever it is, Charles won't even live to see his own coronation if we're not careful 

1 hour ago, ladyfiona said:

I'm pretty sure Princess Anne does that. For years i've seen her saluting the veterans.

They rotate it. Anne will probably do next Year.

1 hour ago, ladyfiona said:

Always thought it was Charles,Anne,andrew and Edward. On a pro rata.

2 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

She missed it 22 years ago and is still with us.

Don't find excuses..

• Facepalm 1