Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

2 hours ago, TQR said:

I’d happily see the monarchy abolished tomorrow.

And I still think you’re a twat.

The UR?

President Boris Johnson?

President Starmer?

4 minutes ago, Hozonkai said:

The UR?

President Boris Johnson?

President Starmer?

Other, non-political, presidential systems are available.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, openviews said:

Is it because it’s the Queen that people seem a bit more sensitive to the speculation? Time will tell who's right and wrong but is this forum not here to discuss these things?

Even if you don't believe she’s at deaths door there’s enough in the way the palace has (mis)handled this situation to think there might be more to this story than meets the headlines.

I don't necessarily think she’ll be going anywhere soon but people waiting for the palace to give them concrete information might be a little late to the funeral.

It's not that people are sensitive to speculation, it's that people are speculating on absolutely nothing. As I stated a few days ago (probably about 4 pages ago now), all we know is that a 95 year old woman has overdone it post-lockdown and needs some rest. She's also recently sprained her back. Neither of these are unusual occurrences in people of that age. And it's not as if she's disappeared completely, she's been seen remotely and seems in generally decent health, not someone who's hiding a terminal illness. I'm also slightly perplexed as to how the Palace should have handled it realistically. They tried to keep the info low key (because it was precautionary) so as not to alarm people, and people started scaremongering anyway. So then with the next update, they tried to be overly reassuring, and people accused them of hiding what was really wrong with her. This was the very definition of a no-win scenario, unless they were very specific with what's wrong with her, which they may well have been anyway: she's tired and got a back sprain! :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Yet the Queen has seemed remarkably chipper every time I've seen clips of her recently.  She's looked really happy and relaxed.

This is the other thing that doesn't ring true for the doom mongers. She has genuinely looked happy, relaxed, chatty and pleased to be meeting people again. Nothing about her demeanour gives me any cause for concern. But apparently there's no place for such common sense in these parts at present.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hozonkai said:
3 hours ago, TQR said:

I’d happily see the monarchy abolished tomorrow.

And I still think you’re a twat.

The UR?

President Boris Johnson?

President Starmer?

President me.

I'd shoot the lot of you. But only after I legalised it.

BREAKING: QUEEN CANCELS ALL EVENTS FOR REST OF YEAR  

The Queen is planning to rest at Windsor Castle in the run up to the end of 2021, carrying out only light duties for the rest of the year. On Sunday, the monarch missed the Remembrance Sunday service at the Cenotaph. The Queen, who is believed to have suffered a sprained back, has also cancelled an appearance at the General Synod on Tuesday, marking the first time she will have missed her five-yearly visit to the Church’s national assembly in its 51-year history.

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

It's not that people are sensitive to speculation, it's that people are speculating on absolutely nothing. As I stated a few days ago (probably about 4 pages ago now), all we know is that a 95 year old woman has overdone it post-lockdown and needs some rest. She's also recently sprained her back. Neither of these are unusual occurrences in people of that age. And it's not as if she's disappeared completely, she's been seen remotely and seems in generally decent health, not someone who's hiding a terminal illness. I'm also slightly perplexed as to how the Palace should have handled it realistically. They tried to keep the info low key (because it was precautionary) so as not to alarm people, and people started scaremongering anyway. So then with the next update, they tried to be overly reassuring, and people accused them of hiding what was really wrong with her. This was the very definition of a no-win scenario, unless they were very specific with what's wrong with her, which they may well have been anyway: she's tired and got a back sprain! :facepalm:

This is the other thing that doesn't ring true for the doom mongers. She has genuinely looked happy, relaxed, chatty and pleased to be meeting people again. Nothing about her demeanour gives me any cause for concern. But apparently there's no place for such common sense in these parts at present.

The other thing was the Royals looking so sad and even teary-eyed at the Remembrance ceremony yesterday.  But it is an emotional occasion anyway, and furthermore they would have been remembering Philip.  As Sophie Wessex said, the loss of someone hits you worst when there's a gathering at which they would have been present, so their absence is more keenly felt.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, coolman5464 said:

The Queen is planning to rest at Windsor Castle in the run up to the end of 2021, carrying out only light duties for the rest of the year. On Sunday, the monarch missed the Remembrance Sunday service at the Cenotaph. The Queen, who is believed to have suffered a sprained back, has also cancelled an appearance at the General Synod on Tuesday, marking the first time she will have missed her five-yearly visit to the Church’s national assembly in its 51-year history.

If Charles does the Christmas Message they won’t be many people expecting her to live to 2023.

• Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

If Charles does the Christmas Message they won’t be many people expecting her to live to 2023.

Yeah.

22 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

The Christmas message isn't an engagement.

It's a video clip, and it's pre-recorded, so you'd expect it to be done. She had no problem recording one for COP.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Sitting in front of a camera delivering a message to her people...how ever will she manage it..? :rolleyes:

queen_2.jpeg

bb3496ca125f43f0b94dadf7a9734950.jpg

GettyImages-1232557050.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, coolman5464 said:

Yeah.

Actually it doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, coolman5464 said:

Taking it easy can be beneficial.

1 hour ago, coolman5464 said:

There's nothing of any note there. 

We know she's resting, and there wouldn't be much going on in terms of engagements anyway as she usually goes to Sandringham in December for a few weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Toast said:

There's nothing of any note there. 

We know she's resting, and there wouldn't be much going on in terms of engagements anyway as she usually goes to Sandringham in December for a few weeks.

A few weeks you say more like 6 or 7.

1 hour ago, Redrumours said:

A few weeks you say more like 6 or 7.

Whatever.

14 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Sitting in front of a camera delivering a message to her people...how ever will she manage it..? :rolleyes:

queen_2.jpeg

bb3496ca125f43f0b94dadf7a9734950.jpg

GettyImages-1232557050.jpg

I just put you at 1000 likes! Does this make him a Post-Twunt or something else when they reach 1,000 likes?

17 hours ago, coolman5464 said:

Prince Edward did her speech at the Synod, which must have been an honour of sorts if he's deputising for her. Then again maybe Charles and Anne had plenty of other commitments on, and I won't gloss over the absence of the third one.

1 hour ago, Brad252 said:

Prince Edward did her speech at the Synod, which must have been an honour of sorts if he's deputising for her. Then again maybe Charles and Anne had plenty of other commitments on, and I won't gloss over the absence of the third one.

He the most committed member of the COE of the three anyway.

24 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Aye, I mean, the COE have softened their stance a bit with homosexuality, right?

39 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

He is also the only one of her children who is not a divorcee 

• Like 3

The Sun randomly tell us the Queen wrote the message Edward read out from in bed. No source is given for that description but it gives the impression to me they trying to get their readers to think the Queen is perhaps iller than we have been told 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

26 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

The Sun randomly tell us the Queen wrote the message Edward read out from in bed. No source is given for that description but it gives the impression to me they trying to get their readers to think the Queen is perhaps iller than we have been told 

On 15/11/2021 at 18:56, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Fucking hell, let me give you a clue here.....it's The Sun....

Saved LFN the trouble of repeating himself.

It's like the Seven Circles of Hell in here... :facepalm:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

So a bit like someone else we know, then.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, theoldlady said:

I just put you at 1000 likes! Does this make him a Post-Twunt or something else when they reach 1,000 likes?

I’m post-twunt but I’m not at 1000 yet. Also, what does post twunt means exactly ? There’s no translation in France…

• Haha 3

I wish I had the power to mute/close this thread.  Fucking hell. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1