Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

876137867_Screenshot2021-12-19at11-41-37

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Toast said:

876137867_Screenshot2021-12-19at11-41-37

You can start by getting some bin bags to cover you're old joanna!

It has just been announced on Radio4 that ERII will spend Xmas at Windsor and will not be travelling to Sandringham as she normally would.  

42 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

It has just been announced on Radio4 that ERII will spend Xmas at Windsor and will not be travelling to Sandringham as she normally would.  

Nice, so there's a big house going free in Norfolk - make a decent homeless shelter for the festive season!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The Queen has cancelled her traditional Christmas in Sandringham in Norfolk, amid concerns about the rising levels of the Omicron variant.

Instead she will stay in Windsor where she will be joined by members of the Royal Family.

Buckingham Palace aides described it as a personal decision and "reflects a precautionary approach".

COVID could well be a convenient excuse in this case, but the decision could well be due to HM The Queen's overall health. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59735413

You can't be careful enough... after all, she IS immuno-compromised after the chemo for her cancer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

38 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Nice, so there's a big house going free in Norfolk - make a decent homeless shelter for the festive season!

I was there last Sunday, they told me to fuck off.

thumbnail_IMG_20211212_114701.jpg

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Sensibly deciding to stay put at Windsor instead of going to Sandringham for Christmas. 

https://news.sky.com/story/queen-to-stay-at-windsor-for-christmas-and-not-travel-to-sandringham-12501006

I'm sure some people here will still put 2 and 2 together and get 5 :rolleyes:

Sandringham must be ill-equipped to deal with stage twenty cancer...

• Like 2

Could be partly because it is her first Christmas without Philip.Maybe Christmas at Sandringham would bring up too many memories.

• Like 1

Just now, Sean said:

Could be partly because it is her first Christmas without Philip.Maybe Christmas at Sandringham would bring up too many memories.

"That's where he made all his jokes, that's where he played hide and seek with the boys, over there's where he shagged Zsa Zsa Gabor..."

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, msc said:

"That's where he made all his jokes, that's where he played hide and seek with the boys, over there's where he shagged Zsa Zsa Gabor..."

Zsa Zsa was apparently half legless at the time.

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall will be with the Queen on Christmas Day, Clarence House has said.

It comes after Buckingham Palace announced the Queen had cancelled spending Christmas at Sandringham, Norfolk, amid concerns about the rising levels of the Omicron variant.

Instead, she will spend the day in Windsor, as she did last year.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59769243

• Like 1

Labour Party red. Nice one.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Image released from her Christmas message

skynews-queen-queen-christmas-message_56

According to the Beeb, it will, understandably, be a very personal message this year. And she's looking very well for a woman at death's door...

• Like 1

She looks like a vent puppet.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Image released from her Christmas message

skynews-queen-queen-christmas-message_56

Looks like she going to give us a song this year on her old piano?

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Labour Party red. Nice one.

Ooh Toast I had you down  as a yellow lib dem!! When The Queen has wore yellow I think k it's really suited her too!

11 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Ooh Toast I had you down  as a yellow lib dem!! When The Queen has wore yellow I think k it's really suited her too!

I am a tactical voter, and I did vote Lib Dem last time as they had the best chance of getting the Tories out where I was.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Toast said:

I am a tactical voter, and I did vote Lib Dem last time as they had the best chance of getting the Tories out where I was.

Until or rather unless there is electoral  reform which in reality is a very  very unlikely long shot  then any voters who oppose the tories( or indeed oppose Labour when they are in power) needs to get smart , follow your example and embrace tactical  voting. The humiliation of the Shropshire  by election  last week wouldn't  have happened without it. 

There would be far fewer safe seats were the voters are taken for granted and that is good for all parties and the health of democracy  in my humble opinion. 

But to get back on topic I am increasingly  confident that the Queen is going to be healthy enough to have a great platinum  jubilee celebration in the summer of next year.

I don't see Prince Harry's book ruining the year because  I think more people  are losing interest and sympathy with the hypocritical whining busted flush of a grandson. 

• Like 4

Nicely timed release.

The nationalists on the outskirts of my family tree were telling folk that Prince Charles was doing the speech this year.

He was going it, they said, because the Queen was already dead and the government were trying to cover up that fact to prevent gatherings of grief stricken subjects.

She is looking remarkably well for a dead woman in that picture, although I’m sure they will now be convinced it’s CGI.

Stupid nationalist fucks.

• Haha 4