Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

13 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Yes and no.

The perfect way for the Palace to handle it is to only announce that she’s tested positive days after she actually took the test. That way they know her case will remain mild so disclosing her status isn’t a big deal. If she was really ill with it, they’d withhold information, right up until the point she needed hospitalisation. Then they’d be forced to make a statement. We didn’t know about any of Philip’s illnesses until he actually needed hospitalised.

I completely agree she has tested positive some days ago and they announced it when sure she'll be completely fine.

She is vaccinated and the illness is much less serious than before by itself. So she won't have any serious consequence. I'd rather look at how she steadily declined over the last two years and expecially after Phil's death, want it or not. She is an average 96 year old woman with some health issues. She won't make extraordinary age or else, exactly as she won't die tomorrow. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Katyusha said:

In the eyes of the tabloid media and tory party base it would be an absolutely terrible look for Boris. As silly as it is, the sentimentalised figurehead having her suffering "ignored" is the kind of thing that sticks in the average voter's mind more than literally the entire country being locked down or ill.

Because so far he has looked impeccable, yeah? :D

2 minutes ago, Katyusha said:

As silly as it is, the sentimentalised figurehead having her suffering "ignored" is the kind of thing that sticks in the average voter's mind more than literally the entire country being locked down or ill.

I fear you’re right. The average voter has proven themselves time and time again to be at best quite thick, at worst a The S*n reader.

• Like 1

Reports state that she is still carrying out light duties.

So far she has changed three bulbs and fixed a dimmer switch…..

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

4 minutes ago, Dead Wait said:

Reports state that she is still carrying out light duties.

So far she has changed three bulbs and fixed a dimmer switch…..

And she's having a light lunch.

18 minutes ago, drol said:

I completely agree she has tested positive some days ago and they announced it when sure she'll be completely fine.

She had a face-to-face meeting with a couple of blokes the other day, was even shaking hands with them. 

The meeting marked her first in-person engagement since her Covid scare after coming into contact with her son Prince Charles two days before he tested positive.Buckingham Palace has continued to refuse to confirm whether the Queen tested positive or negative for coronavirus, citing medical privacy, and saying last week she was not displaying any symptoms.

But she appears to have escaped the virus despite coming into contact with her son

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10519389/The-Queen-95-gets-work-Windsor-Castle.html

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Toast said:

She had a face-to-face meeting with a couple of blokes the other day, was even shaking hands with them. 

That would make it seem she just tested positive today or last night no?

Surely they wouldn't send her out knowing she was positive. 

31 minutes ago, drol said:

She is vaccinated and the illness is much less serious than before by itself. So she won't have any serious consequence. I'd rather look at how she steadily declined over the last two years and expecially after Phil's death, want it or not. She is an average 96 year old woman with some health issues. She won't make extraordinary age or else, exactly as she won't die tomorrow. 

My daughter reminds me that the average life expectancy of the Windsors is something like 125 (!) so if she does peg it in the near future the Daily Mail will probably run a headline along the lines of "Gone too Soon"!!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

8 minutes ago, MortalCaso said:

That would make it seem she just tested positive today or last night no?

Surely they wouldn't send her out knowing she was positive. 

Exactly.  She was doing remote meetings a few days earlier, after Charles tested +

• Like 1

This would be the ultimate Covid death. One that could never be surpassed. Not even by the bloke from Il Divo or Meat Loaf.

1 hour ago, Youth in Asia said:

This would be the ultimate Covid death. One that could never be surpassed. Not even by the bloke from Il Divo or Meat Loaf.

I don't think she will die from it, but if she did and it transpires she caught it from Charles, it would be quite the comedown from the Battle of Bosworth in terms of an heir overthrowing the incumbent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Brad252 said:

I don't think she will die from it, but if she did and it transpires she caught it from Charles, it would be quite the comedown from the Battle of Bosworth in terms of an heir overthrowing the incumbent.

I’d imagine she’s had 4 vaccinations like myself (immunosuppressed) and probably received an anti viral infusion today.   So she’ll probably be fine. 

''Queen Elizabeth' on the BBC headlines just now. What, are we all American now?

She's 'the Queen' to you, FFS. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Brad252 said:

Henry Tudor wasn't the heir.  He was a usurper with a very tenuous claim to the crown.

• Like 1

BBC news says Brenda is continuing with "light duties".   Presumably she's been given a day off her shift at the foundry then :rolleyes:

If she were to go expire, would the planned double bank holiday for the jubilee go ahead?  

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

BBC news says Brenda is continuing with "light duties".   Presumably she's been given a day off her shift at the foundry then :rolleyes:

If she were to go expire, would the planned double bank holiday for the jubilee go ahead?  

Thrift Horatio Thrift

The funeral baked meats did coldly furnish forth the marriage tables

• Like 2

On 17/02/2022 at 11:06, TQR said:

Next step, admitting her terminal pancreatic cancer.

Is this an actual rumour going around or did you and Toast pick a random, highly deadly disease that people as old as long-lifer Liz tend to get?

19 hours ago, tomarse said:

I’d imagine she’s had 4 vaccinations like myself (immunosuppressed) and probably received an anti viral infusion today.   So she’ll probably be fine. 

In October, these dudes on TikTok predicted she was going to die from Covid-19 in March. For the virus to kill you, it would have to give her pneumonia and that would kill her soon after my birthday. Sounds rare these days after all those Corona shots.

15 minutes ago, friedbutty said:

Is this an actual rumour going around or did you and Toast pick a random, highly deadly disease that people as old as long-lifer Liz tend to get?

No, it's only The Old Crem who has claimed this, on no grounds whatsoever as far as can be ascertained.. 

Periodically we take the piss out of him.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, friedbutty said:

6 minutes ago, Toast said:

No, it's only The Old Crem who has claimed this, on no grounds whatsoever as far as can be ascertained.. 

Though admittedly we are staking a lot on this running gag as we’re gonna look like absolute roasters if she does fucking get pan can.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Toast said:

Toast, you're forgetting The Old Crems evidence!

Prince Charles looked sad on Remembrance Day

• Haha 8

I'm putting my money on stage V pancreatic cancer as well, it's known to be a leading death cause amongst 21st century nonagenarian British monarchs.

• Haha 1