Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

There are some other signs of decline:  Her Maj has stopped wearing bras (I think her mother wore them to the full 101).  She also has some dresses that are close to mumus with a loose fit.   In addition to Philip, she's had a couple of close confidantes die recently.  She has not ridden in ages.  In one photo her green coat was very unkempt:  there was nobody to smooth it down so that it looked like a bit like a drawing by a 2 year old.   No matter how much she loves her Prince Paedrew, she cannot but feel some measure of regret that he got caught.   And the commemorative plates have the misprint "Jubbly" on them.  

JUBBLY.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Doulton said:

There are some other signs of decline:  Her Maj has stopped wearing bras (I think her mother wore them to the full 101).  She also has some dresses that are close to mumus with a loose fit.   In addition to Philip, she's had a couple of close confidantes die recently.  She has not ridden in ages.  In one photo her green coat was very unkempt:  there was nobody to smooth it down so that it looked like a bit like a drawing by a 2 year old.   No matter how much she loves her Prince Paedrew, she cannot but feel some measure of regret that he got caught.   And the commemorative plates have the misprint "Jubbly" on them.  

Well the first batch did. 10,800 products in total.

People scrambled to get their hands on them. Merchandise with production flaws (whether they be LPs, movie memorabilia, things to commemorate special events) are worth far more long-term!

The C-3P0 trading card with a gold cock added to him is still the funniest example to date. That card can fetch for upwards of $500 in online auctions.

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Well the first batch did. 10,800 products in total.

People scrambled to get their hands on them. Merchandise with production flaws (whether they be LPs, movie memorabilia, things to commemorate special events) are worth far more long-term!

The C-3P0 trading card with a gold cock added to him is still the funniest example to date. That card can fetch for upwards of $500 in online auctions.

This just prompted me to double check, I can't believe the "jubbly" plates are real! Genuinely thought that part was taking the piss. Definitely an artefact to pass down the generations if you're lucky enough to have one.

Jesus Christ. That's the actual design? The "Jubbly" spelling isn't nowhere the near top 10 biggest issues with the design.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Doulton said:

JUBBLY.jpeg

Whaddya mean she has stopped wearing bras?

That woman has tits the size of  prize marrows.

No wonder she now has difficulty walking!!

2 hours ago, Doulton said:

There are some other signs of decline:  Her Maj has stopped wearing bras

I doubt that, but since you mention it, this from four years ago:

Queen's bra fitter Rigby & Peller loses royal warrant

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42647441

6 hours ago, Brad252 said:

If she was going to be finished off by a broken heart, then an abundance of opportunities have passed that would have seen that happen, including his death itself, the Queen's last birthday, what would have been Philip's 100th birthday, and Christmas.

It may have been possible had whoever leaked the story of Downing Street parties on the eve of his funeral waited until the first anniversary, as that likely would have really upset her at the worst possible time, but of course that already got out so the impact would have worn off somewhat.

Well ya; she could have had broken heart syndrome during many firsts last year but now its coming to the death ann. 

1 hour ago, TheCemetaryMan said:

Well ya; she could have had broken heart syndrome during many firsts last year but now its coming to the death ann. 

So?

I'm with @Windsor on his assessment of their marriage. I don't genuinely believe that the Queen and Philip were as close as they were idealistically portrayed as being.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

So?

I'm with @Windsor on his assessment of their marriage. I don't genuinely believe that the Queen and Philip were as close as they were idealistically portrayed as being.

I never really paid attention to them but all I knew the length of their marriage. I do agree with @Windsor that it could definitely have happened during those other times of firsts.

Time will tell when it hits April 9th.

43 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

So?

I would agree.  I don't think they spent all that much time together in later years, apart of course from the Covid lockdown in Windsor Castle.  After his retirement, Philip used to be mostly holed up in his farmhouse at Sandringham.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

She has cancelled virtual engagements again today. 

Chemo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

She has cancelled virtual engagements again today. 

We need something to take our minds off BoJo's Xmas piss-ups and WW3. C'mon Biden, send China and Ukraine a NATO invite?

Cast your mind back 10 years to the Diamond Jubilee Celebrations when the Duke of Edinburgh was taken ill and was unable to attend the evening celebratory concert. This was not the first time DoE had been taken suddenly ill. After this it took nine years a car crash and multiple hospitalisations before he finally gave up the ghost. 

I think we are being premature to expect the Queen to go anytime in the next 12 months

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, deathisallaround said:

Most importantly... if she goes before June, will we still get the bank holiday?

Yes but there will be fewer street parties

10 minutes ago, Alex said:

No change there then.

Is Jason Lee going to wait until the day she actually dies months or years from now and go "See? We were right!"?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Death Impends said:

Is Jason Lee going to wait until the day she actually dies months or years from now and go "See? We were right!"?

Probably, although I note that this exact post was already noted here yesterday 

On 24/02/2022 at 13:51, Death Impends said:

Looks like he finally admitted he was wrong at the end of this post highlighting their reasons for thinking she was dead in the first place:

https://hollywoodunlocked.com/fact-check-10-reasons-we-believed-queen-elizabeth-was-dead/

• Like 1

When it happens it's very unlikely that they'll be able to keep it quiet for long. More likely there'll be a few hours or days of announcements that the monarch's life is drawing peacefully to a close.