Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

On 07/03/2022 at 00:39, Redrumours said:

She will die in Balmorel.

Fucking hell she might not make it now!!!

43 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I actually  think this latest development is being driven by the Queen  being very reluctant/ not wanting to be seen in public in a wheelchair  rather than because of illness or serious health problems. 

Mobility not illness is what I reckon. 

• Haha 1

Sensible. If I had a nuclear bunker I'd no be keen to leave the house either...just in case.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, deathisallaround said:

According to The Sun (and we all know what they are like!) Queenie really isn't doing well :mellow:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/17929053/queen-too-frail-walk-corgis/

Despite the hyperbolic language in the heading, that article doesn't suggest there's anything wrong with her other than ongoing back issues.

• Like 1

Just now, Ulitzer95 said:

Despite the hyperbolic language in the heading, that article doesn't suggest there's anything wrong with her other than ongoing back issues.

Exactly what I was thinking.  I know someone who is in a similar situation, now finding it too painful to walk very far, whereas before she used to walk her dogs for miles.  She's had back problems for some time, which is almost certainly a legacy of years of riding horses.  She's about 20 years younger than the Queen though.

• Like 2

Later (a year from now? three years? some months?) we're going to agree that it was signs like that marking the beginning of the end.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, frleon said:

Later (a year from now? three years? some months?) we're going to agree that it was signs like that marking the beginning of the end.

This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. but it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

If she is finding it hard to be able to travel from Windsor to London to attend any events will she appear at anything at the jubilee? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

If she is finding it hard to be able to travel from Windsor to London to attend any events will she appear at anything at the jubilee? 

If we are celebrating her, then she is going to have to show her face at some point. But at  something where the amount of walking will be at a minimum (from a very close by car to a chair and vice versa). 

It would be interesting to note tge length of time between The Queen Mother's last appearance in public and her final demise.

4 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

It would be interesting to note tge length of time between The Queen Mother's last appearance in public and her final demise.

Her final demise? With the exception of cats and their nine lives a demise will always be final…..

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Last public appearance  November 22nd 2001. Died 30th  March 2002.

The Queen was seen with Justin Trudeau  this week so even  if this kind of theory has merit  you have around four months to wait - IF that was her last public appearance. 

A more apt comparison would be comparing the reduced frequency the Queen Mothers public appearances  over her latter years and her daughters reduced frequency. 

That comparison I think would  point to us seeing the Queen less because of mobility issues and age but her not being at deaths door. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

The Queen Mother nearly mowed me down at Ascot Racecourse in her Popemobile on June 20th 2001.

I wonder what happened to that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, deathisallaround said:

If we are celebrating her, then she is going to have to show her face at some point. But at  something where the amount of walking will be at a minimum (from a very close by car to a chair and vice versa). 

FDR was crippled by polio and was able to cover up many of his physical impairments for a while, usually by always being photographed sitting down or being held onto by someone else when standing up/walking. If his health problems were not so well disguised he'd have struggled to win 4 elections. Therefore I think it's possible the Queen can move around in a way without a wheelchair or any other notable prop. What would be unfortunate is if she ended up being hospitalised during or shortly before the celebrations. 

She only needs to sit in a carriage, smile and wave.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

I think she will be dead by this next year. 

We might all be dead by next year.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Toast said:

We might all be dead by next year.

If nuclear war happens the Queen has a better chance of being sent to the safest bunker in rural Scotland to hide till the end 

38 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

If nuclear war happens the Queen has a better chance of being sent to the safest bunker in rural Scotland to hide till the end 

You don’t half talk some rancid bollocks.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Toast said:

This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. but it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

End of the beginning? Reckon she'll be the first double centenarian then?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10608905/Queens-diary-review-amid-fresh-health-fears.html

Palace sources say the Queen is not ill but is now accepting the frailties of long life  and will still attend public events  but will attend far fewer as her diary events come under review.

Pretty much in line with what I thought,  old and less mobile but not ill and we are been softened up to expect to see less of her publicly. 

• Like 2

So according to the article there are actually no "fresh health fears", yet they use that as a headline. :facepalm:

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10608905/Queens-diary-review-amid-fresh-health-fears.html

Palace sources say the Queen is not ill but is now accepting the frailties of long life  and will still attend public events  but will attend far fewer as her diary events come under review.

Pretty much in line with what I thought,  old and less mobile but not ill and we are been softened up to expect to see less of her publicly. 

On the 6 o'clock news, Nick Witchell suggested in his report it was the long walk up the aisle at Westminster Abbey that meant she missed the Commonwealth service today. So one might suggest that events which involve excessive standing or walking will be limited, but anything she can do largely sitting down with small amounts of standing or a short walk should still be doable where necessary. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Toast said:

So according to the article there are actually no "fresh health fears", yet they use that as a headline. :facepalm:

Tabloids are becoming  increasingly  sloppy about their headlines bearing no relation to the content of the article or even being at variance and in contradiction of it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1