Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

On the 6 o'clock news, Nick Witchell suggested in his report it was the long walk up the aisle at Westminster Abbey that meant she missed the Commonwealth service today. So one might suggest that events which involve excessive standing or walking will be limited, but anything she can do largely sitting down with small amounts of standing or a short walk should still be doable where necessary. 

They have an ingenious new contraption for such a problem.

They call it the 'wheel-chair'.

1 minute ago, Windsor said:

Yeah but if she’s seen doing any less than cartwheels it’ll prove she has terminal cancer.

1 minute ago, TQR said:

Yeah but if she’s seen doing any less than cartwheels it’ll prove she has terminal cancer.

The madder folk in the Facebook comments section already have her dead as she hasn't been out in public lately.

One of my crazy nationalist cousins said Charles would be doing the speech last Christmas  because she was dead. Then when she did the speech he pointed out that these things are recorded months in advance and that she was, in his opinion, still dead. 

So I would argue that being wheeled about in public is healthier than fringe subjects suggesting that she is dead because she hasn't been out much. 

21 hours ago, Windsor said:

The madder folk in the Facebook comments section already have her dead as she hasn't been out in public lately.

One of my crazy nationalist cousins said Charles would be doing the speech last Christmas  because she was dead. Then when she did the speech he pointed out that these things are recorded months in advance and that she was, in his opinion, still dead. 

So I would argue that being wheeled about in public is healthier than fringe subjects suggesting that she is dead because she hasn't been out much. 

A possibility, she dodging front-line work and moonlighting on the side, maybe by way of doing video clips for hire, because paying off $12 million is proving more of a strain than the public realize.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

A possibility, she dodging front-line work and moonlighting on the side, maybe by way of doing video clips for hire, because paying off $12 million is proving more of a strain than the public realize.

Och no. She owns every penny  you earn.

She’ll not struggle to pay the whore.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 16/03/2022 at 19:37, Windsor said:

She owns every penny you earn.

You’ve wheeled out this hideous little phrase before.

About 0.01% of our taxes go to the royals. I’ve been paying tax for 10 years so it probably works out about 20 quid.

The old girl owns nothing of mine, but she does owe me 20 quid.

• Like 5

On 17/03/2022 at 08:19, TQR said:

You’ve wheeled out this hideous little phrase before.

About 0.01% of our taxes go to the royals. I’ve been paying tax for 10 years so it probably works out about 20 quid.

The old girl owns nothing of mine, but she does owe me 20 quid.

She owns you. Therefore owes you nothing. 

• Facepalm 2

19 minutes ago, Windsor said:

She owns you. Therefore owes you nothing. 

Whatever floats your boat. Or £250m waste of fucking money yacht.

• Like 2

On 14/03/2022 at 19:39, Windsor said:

And, just like her Mother refused to be seen in public with one so will the Queen.  The news would have a field day if that happened.

On 12/03/2022 at 16:05, Ulitzer95 said:

Despite the hyperbolic language in the heading, that article doesn't suggest there's anything wrong with her other than ongoing back issues.

Exactly, she's getting old and her joints are stiff, even admitted it to that old dear a few months ago.  You'll not find many people in their mid 90s without mobility issues. 

• Like 7

22 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/17997699/queen-wheelchair-scottish-cottage/

According to this tabloid report the Queen has had a wheelchair friendly lift fitted in one of her residences in Scotland and suggests she may be planning to spend much more time in Scotland in future. 

That would make sense if Brenda's planning to abdicate later in the year.

Jug ears would take over Balmoral Castle.

27 minutes ago, Kenny said:

That would make sense if Brenda's planning to abdicate later in the year.

Jug ears would take over Balmoral Castle.

She will never abdicate. She may switch to a regency but abdication. Never.

• Like 1

So the story in the Daily Fail today...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10631933/Palace-military-style-operation-prevent-Queen-looking-frail-Prince-Philip-service.html

I'm not really sure what to make of that. She doesn't want to be seen in a wheelchair as it is an invasion of privacy. Sounds like vanity to me.

I would rather see her knocking people over in a motorised wheelchair, but know that she is OK. The 'hiding' aspect leads to too much speculation.  Everyone knows she's in her late 90's and no-one would begrudge her the use of a wheelchair for comfort, while she continues her job. Bearing in mind, other monarchs have abdicated and retired. 

21 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Not finding it difficult to walk is causing concern??:blink::lol:

should have said now rather than not :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, CastAway said:

https://www.geo.tv/latest/406336-queen-elizabeth-finding-it-extremely-difficult-to-walk-as-health-fears-mount

Apparently, she's now finding it extremely difficult to walk, which is causing worries re: her health

Or maybe she just won't bother at this point with all the shit going on in the world.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-10636195/Queen-using-wheelchair-Christopher-Biggins-claims.html

Christopher Biggins says he has heard that the Queen is in a wheelchair  and is reluctant out of pride to be seen in public in it.

I have no idea how well sourced he is but I believe he is friends with a couple of gay socialite types like Nicky Haslem so may have heard something credible...

33 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Intending to attend his father's memorial at Westminster Abbey (as, I might argue, he should). Notable as it will be his first public appearance since the settlement.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60826073

Less certain is the attendance of the cancer-riddled Queen. Mainly due to the ongoing mobility issues.

Cross posting from the Prince Andrew thread. Without going all 'Crem', it would be a pretty big deal if she misses her husband's memorial.

On 19/03/2022 at 20:34, Gooseberry Crumble said:

She will never abdicate. She may switch to a regency but abdication. Never.

She might abdicate.

She is a religious woman. She believes she reigns by the Grace of God. God is making it increasingly difficult for her to do her job, don’t you think? Maybe he’s telling her it’s time to give it up without killing her off.

Regarding the wheelchair thing, I did read that she is apparently still riled at the pictures of Princess Margaret when she was wheeled out by Backstairs Billy for the QM 101 birthday in 2001. It was an invasion of privacy and made her look week. Could be the usual shite put about because Royal commentators don’t actually know anything about what the Royal Family actually think or feel.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Windsor said:

She might abdicate.

She is a religious woman. She believes she reigns by the Grace of God. God is making it increasingly difficult for her to do her job, don’t you think? Maybe he’s telling her it’s time to give it up without killing her off.

Regarding the wheelchair thing, I did read that she is apparently still riled at the pictures of Princess Margaret when she was wheeled out by Backstairs Billy for the QM 101 birthday in 2001. It was an invasion of privacy and made her look week. Could be the usual shite put about because Royal commentators don’t actually know anything about what the Royal Family actually think or feel.

I think  regency would be a strong and appropriate reaction to Gods nudge without actually  abdicating . I just can't see her going as far as abdicating I think she would  view it as moral weakness rightly or wrongly. 

Surely regency is only for situations where the monarch is mentally unfit or immature.  As long as the Queen's got all her marbles there's no need for it.  Most of the physical duties (eg ribbon cutting, medal presenting etc) have already been shared out or delegated.