Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

16 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

It's not an illness, it's an ailment. She's got mobility problems, most probably back-related. She's clearly still sharp, but her body is playing up, as it often does at 96-years-old.

The way the press report it makes it sound like she has some form of illness which causes the pain to come and go. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

The way the press report it makes it sound like she has some form of illness which causes the pain to come and go. 

Yes. It's called old age.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, Redrumours said:

Let's have a flag count. I live on an estate of  63 houses and after a quick walk around the total is one Union Jack and no bunting whatsoever.

Also no street parties planned.

I've just come back from walking the dog. I passed literally hundreds of houses and saw no union flag or bunting at all; however, I did see a white car, a red post box and a blue wheelie bin.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Arthritis does that.

She's probably saving herself for the Derby.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Toast said:

Arthritis does that.

She's probably saving herself for the Derby.

She pulled out of attending that days ago. 

• Like 1

Just thought I'd throw this one in. :D. The original wonder girl? 

image.png

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, msc said:

Yes. It's called old age.

Indeed. She attended a beacon lighting service this evening after that announcement was made. I just think the palace is carefully considering how many engagements they give her.

• Like 1

she'd probably be knackered off today due to old age and yet again doesnt want to be seen in a wheelchair being moved into the church.

Yet again due to ego. she could easily be wheeled into the church in a wheelchair. This is lizzie who says "she'll keep performing her duty until she dies" but should have said "she'll keep performing her duty until she dies/or she'd be embarrased about embracing old age and being wheeled in a wheelchair by her many, many servants"

Oh no what a day it'd be tomorrow wake up, have breakfast cooked for me, have my clothes pressed and ironed, be wheeled into a car, be wheeled out of a car, be wheeled into a church, sit in a comfy chair in the church, be wheeled out of the church, be driven home back to palace for tea.

Its ego and shame of being seen in a wheelchair just like her mother

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

I would just like a quick peek at her Care Plan.

Forget the Platty Jubbly, or whatever the young people are calling it, the big date is in about 9 days when she officially moves past King Bhumibol of Thailand into second place on the all time list of longest-reigning monarchs. After that it is the end of May 2024 to go past Louis XIV as the no. 1 of all time, and that is unlikely ever to be beaten. Unfortunately it seems a bit unlikely she'll reach that milestone.

• Like 2

Blaze is marking the Jubilee with a 12-hour "Hardcore Pawn" marathon, so I'm now a royalist.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

Forget the Platty Jubbly, or whatever the young people are calling it, the big date is in about 9 days when she officially moves past King Bhumibol of Thailand into second place on the all time list of longest-reigning monarchs. After that it is the end of May 2024 to go past Louis XIV as the no. 1 of all time, and that is unlikely ever to be beaten. Unfortunately it seems a bit unlikely she'll reach that milestone.

I would not put money on the Queen dying before May 2024

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

At 96, nothing is certain but I've seen nothing these past few days which makes me think 2 more years at least is unfeasible.

• Like 3

I’ve always thought she’ll make 98 at the very least and even now I can’t see any reason why she wouldn’t. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, LovelyVincent said:

she'd probably be knackered off today due to old age and yet again doesnt want to be seen in a wheelchair being moved into the church.

Yet again due to ego. she could easily be wheeled into the church in a wheelchair. This is lizzie who says "she'll keep performing her duty until she dies" but should have said "she'll keep performing her duty until she dies/or she'd be embarrased about embracing old age and being wheeled in a wheelchair by her many, many servants"

Oh no what a day it'd be tomorrow wake up, have breakfast cooked for me, have my clothes pressed and ironed, be wheeled into a car, be wheeled out of a car, be wheeled into a church, sit in a comfy chair in the church, be wheeled out of the church, be driven home back to palace for tea.

Its ego and shame of being seen in a wheelchair just like her mother

It will have fuck all to do with using a wheelchair.  It's not about being able to walk or not. 

She's just tired.  She's 96 years old.  Think about that.  Her body is old and creaking and needs a lot of rest.

• Like 3

On 02/06/2022 at 11:20, Redrumours said:

Let's have a flag count. I live on an estate of  63 houses and after a quick walk around the total is one Union Jack and no bunting whatsoever.

Also no street parties planned.

Clearly you live in a place in which miserable bastards are plentiful.

• Haha 4

Plenty of blue/white/red around my place – none of which are celebrating some stupid monarchy that against all odds survived into the 21st century. It’s good to live in Paris <3

1 hour ago, frleon said:

Plenty of blue/white/red around my place – none of which are celebrating some stupid monarchy that against all odds survived into the 21st century. It’s good to live in Paris <3

Been there.

Its a shit hole.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, frleon said:

none of which are celebrating some stupid monarchy that against all odds survived into the 21st century.

*Nods*

1 hour ago, frleon said:

It’s good to live in Paris

*Shakes head*

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I would not put money on the Queen dying before May 2024

Snap! People  can live with mobility problems for years in their senior years- ask anyone who does or has worked in social care.

5 hours ago, Toast said:

It will have fuck all to do with using a wheelchair.  It's not about being able to walk or not. 

She's just tired.  She's 96 years old.  Think about that.  Her body is old and creaking and needs a lot of rest.

People tend to forget how much less we saw of the Queen Mother in public  from her  nineties onwards yet people marvelled how fantastic she was for her age at the time   It's just harder to discreetly stage manage the Queens fewer appearances  because she is the head of state  but fundamentally healthwise the situations of mother and daughter are pretty similar in my opinion and this could be the state of play for years not months. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, YouOnlyDieOnce said:

I've just come back from walking the dog. I passed literally hundreds of houses and saw no union flag or bunting at all; however, I did see a white car, a red post box and a blue wheelie bin.

Local supermarkets ran out of buntin and decorations quite early. People bought every jubilee-themed item two days after they set it up and that was two weeks before today. Yesterday, only the local marks and spencer had stuff left, just those musical shortbread tins for 8 quid each and some overpriced but cute chocolate corgis. Not sure if people bought too enthusiastically or the supply was very limited, but if there isn't more decorations it might be because all was sold out.

12 minutes ago, SleepSerenity said:

Local supermarkets ran out of buntin and decorations quite early. People bought every jubilee-themed item two days after they set it up and that was two weeks before today. Yesterday, only the local marks and spencer had stuff left, just those musical shortbread tins for 8 quid each and some overpriced but cute chocolate corgis. Not sure if people bought too enthusiastically or the supply was very limited, but if there isn't more decorations it might be because all was sold out.

I was quite surprised that the likes of Home Bargains and B&M never had any.  But there was loads of stuff available on Ebay.

49 minutes ago, Toast said:

I was quite surprised that the likes of Home Bargains and B&M never had any.  But there was loads of stuff available on Ebay.

I got a shitload cheap from Chelsea FC - two cup finals, two losses - fuck tonnes of unused blue bunting awaiting the open top bus tours that never came

• Like 3