Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

3 minutes ago, TQR said:

It’s pretty extraordinary that the UK has had 56 Prime Ministers in our history and QEII appointed over a quarter of them (Truss was the 15th).

COKyYABWcAAxX06.thumb.png.4dfec214355053cfe3644e1c4e22894c.png

EAkX8fqXkAEqQb8.thumb.jpg.b3f30609e0696048b2404395b0da7c06.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

That illustration is titled ‘This Old Cow’s Got A Lot To Answer For’ :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

My friend who is clued in to the Royals says she has Raynaud syndrome.

Comes and goes with good days and bad ones, can be very painful but it doesn’t really affect overall mortality.

It is also a common side effect of blood tinners. My father in law tends to have very bruised hands in the evening.

The Queen may take them to prevent strokes. I suppose the "medical emergency" she suffered last year was a TIA.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Not sure why Attlee is pictured.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sean said:

Not sure why Attlee is pictured.

Or Chamberlain.

6 hours ago, drol said:

It is also a common side effect of blood tinners. My father in law tends to have very bruised hands in the evening.

The Queen may take them to prevent strokes. I suppose the "medical emergency" she suffered last year was a TIA.

Seems very plausible.Also a recent cannula could be responsible .As I said earlier people who are extremely elderly  bruise very easily from any impact.

• Like 1

Is her communication and press team sleeping? Just a bit of foundation cream to her hands, and the whole world wound have concentrated on praising how well she is still looking.

White gloves would have been more reliable.

Postpones privy council meeting due to needing to rest. 

Starting to cancel official duties now. How long till the calls for a regency grow. 

• Facepalm 1

Difficult to say.Not too long is my hunch.

At the end of the day, she is just a really old lady and lived a long life with doctors on call. Time is coming but at this rate, I will prob be hit first. You will all know if I stop talking.

2 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

She won't go in the immediate future but do have doubts now about her making the 100 

Yes I’m beginning to think the same actually a few years ago I thought she would go on and on surpassing her Mother’s 101 age but now think she will be gone in next two or three years as she is declining quicker than I expected. Although everyone was saying how well she looked in photo with Liz Truss I personally thought she didn’t look that great, still good for someone of her age but I thought she looked a lot more weary than at the Jubilee 3 months ago, I noticed the decline. 

• Like 1

I’m in the same boat. A few years ago I was sure she’d match her mother and get to 100 but it feels unlikely now when public appearances are limited and up in the air until the day, and she needs to rest after just meeting the PM at her residence in what was more or less a short photo op. The next few years are going to be quite interesting, whatever happens. 

• Like 3

Regency could give her new lease of life. When the Pope Emeritus resignated, many people (including himself) expected him to die in few months. He has lasted almost a decade once the burden was lifted from his shoulders. Just out of curiosity, were Charles to become a Regent, would he read in the Speech from the Throne "Her Majesty's government" or "my government"?

• Like 1

As long as she has her marbles, there is no question of a regency.  She can delegate duties as she has been doing for quite a while.  That is not a regency.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

How long till the calls for a regency grow. 

Calls from whom?

• Like 1

The Guardian defines her "in increasingly frail health". All signs pointing to her circling the drain.

I don't think it will be soon, as she is still able to stand and walk, her ankles are not swollen, exc, but she is suffering from age related issues which could include heart failure and other circulatory diseases.

She has started declining after Phil's death actually, which was indeed feared.

She may still be in better condition than other people her age (see Jiang Zemin) who never seem to die.

The difference between her and a Jiang Zemin is she won't likely receive extreme treatment to keep her alive (i.e. life support) when her time comes. She will go quietly and probably quite "suddenly".

Not now anyway.

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, Toast said:

Calls from whom?

BB618CE8-1197-400D-8286-7360302C596C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

She will be on my shadow list next year. Her full day consisted of meeting two people. 

Two massive pricks, granted. But still only two people. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Windsor said:

She will be on my shadow list next year. Her full day consisted of meeting two people.

Why should she do any more?  She was probably itching to get back to watching racing on the telly.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Windsor said:

And in her own home too so not as if there was travelling involved for her

If you watch yesterday pictures closely you can notice her right eye is full of blood, likely another sign she is on a massive dosage of blood thinners.

2 minutes ago, Toast said:

Why should she do any more?  She was probably itching to get back to watching racing on the telly.

The point is that she clearly is less able than I thought. 

This is an important constitutional duty she has postponed - something she wouldn’t put off for the races… 

I just love all the hysteria about her having a discoloured hand or a bloodshot eye or a walking stick or a propensity to remain indoors now as if they’re in any way ominous and extraordinary for someone aged NINETY SHAGGING SIX.

• Like 1