Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

2 minutes ago, TQR said:

I just love all the hysteria about her having a discoloured hand or a bloodshot eye or a walking stick or a propensity to remain indoors now as if they’re in any way ominous and extraordinary for someone aged NINETY SHAGGING SIX.

I agree in principal however if you get tired meeting two people at 96, making 100 seems more unlikely. 

5 minutes ago, Windsor said:

I agree in principal however if you get tired meeting two people at 96, making 100 seems more unlikely. 

Three quarters of 96 year olds won’t make it to 100. Of the quarter that do, I bet the vast majority look like a mass of discoloured bollock skin and don’t have raging social lives like they used to.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Look, if I had to meet Boris Johnson and Liz Truss and be polite to them, I'd demand the rest of the day off too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm nearly 60 years younger than her maj and the idea of having to be nice to Boris Johnson and Liz Truss in the same afternoon sounds knackering to me!

• Haha 3

That's the first time a bloody joke has been ninja'd! :o:lol:

• Haha 1

On 06/09/2022 at 17:35, TQR said:

It’s pretty extraordinary that the UK has had 56 Prime Ministers in our history and QEII appointed over a quarter of them (Truss was the 15th).

Entirely because of Brexit.

If Cameron had won the referendum and stayed on, QEII would have seen 12 Prime Ministers (23% of the total number of PM’s)  in 70 years (23% of the period that the post has existed)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SovietJohnny said:

If Cameron had won the referendum and stayed on, QEII would have seen 12 Prime Ministers (23% of the total number of PM’s)  in 70 years (23% of the period that the post has existed)

It's unlikely that Cameron would still be PM, as he was both incompetent and lazy. The pandemic would surely have got him out, even if no other crises had happened. Probably Boris would now have been in for about eighteen months. Or perhaps he'd be leader of the opposition, following Jeremy Corbyn's victory at the last election.

This is really off-topic, but I still don't understand the "Encrusted with barnacle, but still unsinkable" tagline

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

It's unlikely that Cameron would still be PM, as he was both incompetent and lazy. The pandemic would surely have got him out, even if no other crises had happened. Probably Boris would now have been in for about eighteen months. Or perhaps he'd be leader of the opposition, following Jeremy Corbyn's victory at the last election.

Arguing against myself now….I now recall Cameron saying in 2015 that he wouldn’t seek a third term anyway.

8 minutes ago, wannamaker said:

This is really off-topic, but I still don't understand the "Encrusted with barnacle, but still unsinkable" tagline

GettyImages-97712493.thumb.jpg.3a12ff3bffc5e1195b55ee2243c8cbcf.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, TQR said:

Three quarters of 96 year olds won’t make it to 100. Of the quarter that do, I bet the vast majority look like a mass of discoloured bollock skin and don’t have raging social lives like they used to.

This is 25% possibility. Well less than 50+%.

3 hours ago, Fergie86 said:

Yes I’m beginning to think the same actually a few years ago I thought she would go on and on surpassing her Mother’s 101 age but now think she will be gone in next two or three years as she is declining quicker than I expected. Although everyone was saying how well she looked in photo with Liz Truss I personally thought she didn’t look that great, still good for someone of her age but I thought she looked a lot more weary than at the Jubilee 3 months ago, I noticed the decline. 

Yes, she looks really aged in this new photo.

It neither surprises nor worries me to see that she’s having bruised hands and canceling meetings, she’s 96 and at that age I don’t think there’s plenty of women as active as she is. But I do agree that I don’t see her reaching 100 anymore considering how fast she declined. On another note, do you think when she dies, it’s going to be sudden and we will be notified out of the blue one morning or she’ll be declining for months and be hospitalized a la Zsa Zsa ?

31 minutes ago, Stogiagio said:

This is 25% possibility. Well less than 50+%.

Yes. That’s what a quarter is.

22 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

On another note, do you think when she dies, it’s going to be sudden and we will be notified out of the blue one morning or she’ll be declining for months and be hospitalized a la Zsa Zsa ?

I think it's the first one, or a relatively quick decline.

As drol said, much more unlikely that she'll be kept alive in misery until she's a demented lookalike of Spain's Habsburg king Charles II's testicle attached to tubes like what happens to a lot of old Asian politicians. 

• Like 2

Just now, DCI Frank Burnside said:

I think it'll be akin to Philip where things were obviously moving in a certain direction

Yes. Ageing.

• Like 1

Maybe she just doesn't want Truss and her cronies in the Privy Council any longer than necessary... :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

She could either go within the year or last until 101 like her mother did, walking stick and all. Ageing is a very unpredictable process. 

25 minutes ago, TQR said:

Yes. That’s what a quarter is.

Right. So this is still a low probability (under 50+%).

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Death Duke said:

She could either go within the year or last until 101 like her mother did, walking stick and all. Ageing is a very unpredictable process. 

What about 102? 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

29 minutes ago, arghton said:

I think it's the first one, or a relatively quick decline.

As drol said, much more unlikely that she'll be kept alive in misery until she's a demented lookalike of Spain's Habsburg king Charles II's testicle attached to tubes like what happens to a lot of old Asian politicians. 

Was Prince Philip an Asian politician?

1 hour ago, Lafaucheuse said:

It neither surprises nor worries me to see that she’s having bruised hands and canceling meetings, she’s 96 and at that age I don’t think there’s plenty of women as active as she is. But I do agree that I don’t see her reaching 100 anymore considering how fast she declined. On another note, do you think when she dies, it’s going to be sudden and we will be notified out of the blue one morning or she’ll be declining for months and be hospitalized a la Zsa Zsa ?

She strikes me as the sort who once she can't perform her duties will decline fast.Being the Queen has been her life so if she can't fulfil her role properly at all I can see her mental health going South as her life's  purpose along with her husband will be gone.

• Like 2