Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

18 minutes ago, Stogiagio said:

What about 102? 

98 or 99 seems more likely to me as things appear.She has been steadily deteriorating which has sped up but she is still able to walk with a stick and has the best healthcare you could ever hope for.The discolouration to such a degree of the hands suggests she has circulatory and or heart problems now which will inevitably cause an ongoing risk.

46 minutes ago, Stogiagio said:

Was Prince Philip an Asian politician?

Prince Philip died at home, even though they could've probably chosen to take him to the hospital to be "treated" / kept alive (possibly against his own will). Asian politicians, especially Chinese politicians and old dictators, don't die "peacefully at home", they've got doctors to keep them in their misery in conditions they can't recover from for as long as they can be kept alive. They performed a tracheotomy on M. Karunanidhi when he was 92. Lots of other similar examples out there. 

But anyways, I think she's got atleast a year or two. 

• Like 1

I think we need to consider that Lizzie  is having us all on and teasing us on the DeathList forum and is  actually aiming for 105....

Pretty sure she will abdicate at some point. I don’t see her cancelling évents and showing to us all some signs of weakness till she ultimately dies. If this happens, it may either kill her of a sudden or she may last for a few more Time ie Pope Benedict

On 06/09/2022 at 17:39, Ulitzer95 said:

COKyYABWcAAxX06.thumb.png.4dfec214355053cfe3644e1c4e22894c.png

EAkX8fqXkAEqQb8.thumb.jpg.b3f30609e0696048b2404395b0da7c06.jpg

Isn't the bottom one technically incorrect as Attlee wasn't Prime Minister during QE11's reign? 

Just a thought, she seems to have gone downhill since having COVID, could she be suffering from long COVID? that would explain the lack of energy, I know a few people who are half her age or less and have a hard time with it, so at 96 it would be a bigger deal.

5 minutes ago, One shot Paddy said:

Just a thought, she seems to have gone downhill since having COVID, could she be suffering from long COVID? that would explain the lack of energy, I know a few people who are half her age or less and have a hard time with it, so at 96 it would be a bigger deal.

Possibly but it is a lottery.I know people the Queens age  with multiple comorbidities and who are extremely who were barely touched by it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deathrace said:

Isn't the bottom one technically incorrect as Attlee wasn't Prime Minister during QE11's reign? 

We’ve been over this already.

6 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Pretty sure she will abdicate at some point. I don’t see her cancelling évents and showing to us all some signs of weakness till she ultimately dies. If this happens, it may either kill her of a sudden or she may last for a few more Time ie Pope Benedict

I am pretty sure she won't. The abdication of the Nazi in 1936 she blames for the swift death of her dad. She'll lose the throne through death alone. As will then Charles.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, msc said:

I am pretty sure she won't. The abdication of the Nazi in 1936 she blames for the swift death of her dad. She'll lose the throne through death alone. As will then Charles.

To quote the Horrible Histories George IV song

"As True King my reign began

Though I was now older than your nan"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sean said:

Possibly but it is a lottery.I know people the Queens age  with multiple comorbidities and who are extremely who were barely touched by it. 

I know 2 people older than her who sailed through it but I also had a cousin who had long covid for 10 months and passed away in her sleep aged 38 so yes it's a total lottery but I remember her saying something like "it makes one awfully tired" and was wondering if that could still be the problem?

12 hours ago, SovietJohnny said:

Entirely because of Brexit.

If Cameron had won the referendum and stayed on, QEII would have seen 12 Prime Ministers (23% of the total number of PM’s)  in 70 years (23% of the period that the post has existed)

The knives were out for Cameron within the Conservative Party and even if he had won it would only have bought him a small amount of time. However it might have had an impact on who would have stood for leader. Andrea Leadsom's star would have not risen so high and so it could have ended up being Gove vs May but May would probably have only stood if there was a vacancy. Without the distraction of Brexit May might have been a more effective leader but UKIP would still be a problem at any election which may have drifted on to the 2020 date

• Like 1

odd scenes in the house of commons  nadhim zahawi has just come in and briefed liz truss and angela rayner about something and keir starmer has now left the commnons could london bridge have fallen.  

• Shocked 1

NOT DEAD, But…

Buckingham Palace have released a statement saying they are concerned for the Queen’s health and she remains comfortable and under medical supervision at Balmoral.

• Like 1

“Concerned for Her Majesty’s health” - oh dear. 

• Like 1

"Doctor's concerned for her health"

Very interesting wording. Palace wouldn't put out wording like that willy nilly

• Like 3

I blame Truss.

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

Just two days after Truss the “ex” republican visited her… :sherlock:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

BBC have interrupted Bargain Hunt with the Breaking News, so clearly significant, whether laying the groundwork for further announcements or just another update of her decline.

So, Liz Truss has finished her off. Quite a start for the new PM...

• Sad 1

Someone better get Huw Edwards a black tie.