Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

One possibility is that she gets better. Just because you are close doesn't mean that you cannot recover for a few more months or even years.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, QuebecCityOliver said:

One possibility is that she gets better. Just because you are close doesn't mean that you cannot recover for a few more months or even years.

Would be a bit embarrassing for the BBC after cutting Bargain Hunt off to announce she is really ill...

2 minutes ago, QuebecCityOliver said:

I knew she was faking it!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, QuebecCityOliver said:

It's certainly possible, but all the signs are that this is a very grave event, therefore my expectation is that she won't recover.  It's very unusual for the Palace to make any statements on the monarch's health and when they do it's usually very bad news.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, QuebecCityOliver said:

They wouldn't be treating it like this if a recovery were even remotely expected. Miracles do happen, but it's clear that her condition took a very sudden and extremely dramatic turn for the worse over the last day or so that can't be easily remedied. The Palace isn't in the business of putting out statements like the one they did unless they're trying to prepare the public.

On a side note, I do wonder what in particular did happen? There's been much talk of circulatory issues, and I think the suggestion someone made yesterday (so about 20 pages ago) that she had a TIA last year is very plausible. Perhaps she had a more damaging stroke?

Just now, QuebecCityOliver said:

True she could recover I suppose it depends what is wrong with her however even if she does recover at 96 years of age it is unlikely she will fully recover and she will be frailer and more likely to get Poorly again which means the end is probably only a matter of time probably unlikely to be years now but with best possible medical care it is possible. 

10 minutes ago, QuebecCityOliver said:

I doubt they’ve said to Harry and Meghan « oh actually don’t come, she already feels better ». If the royal family has announced that she was unwell and if her own family has came to Balmoral, it means something is really wrong. I can see her lasting a few days yes, maybe weeks (that’s Why I don’t expect an official release today) but I definitely don’t see her lasting months nor years

Going back to the King Bhumibol thread...

Oh hey, it's the Ghost of @YoungWillz Past!  But anyhow, the circus around that lasted 3 days.

• Like 4

Hearing she has died

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, Sean said:

Hearing she has died

From whom?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Hearing she has died

Where from, wikipedia?

9 minutes ago, msc said:

Going back to the King Bhumibol thread...

Oh hey, it's the Ghost of @YoungWillz Past!  But anyhow, the circus around that lasted 3 days.

The "kids" (if you can call 60+ year olds that) went to see Philip in hospital and he still made it home before dying 3 weeks later. So this could definitely still take some time.

1 minute ago, marklv said:

From whom?

Several friends .Thinking they got it from a hoax site from what I can gather.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, Sean said:

Several friends .Thinking they got it from a hoax site from what I can gather.

Yeah I think so too. BBC hasn't said anything yet.

• Like 1

It's pointless speculating.  She could die today or go on for several more weeks.  The only certain thing is that she is gravely ill.

47 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Witchell sounding on the verge of tears :rolleyes:

Probably because he knows Charles fucking hates him and he's for the chop

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, marklv said:

It's pointless speculating.  She could die today or go on for several more weeks.  The only certain thing is that she is gravely ill.

No, that's quite imminent at this point.

BBC has announced that the Duchess of Sussex is actually NOT heading to Balmoral.

• Like 1

BREAKING: Harry's gone on his own without Meghan! Run Harry Run

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sean said:

Hearing she has died

Likely true. Let’s face it though, it’ll be written in the Unicorn/London Bridge plans that her death will not be announced until a specific news time near the time of death; so it was midday for the DoE, it’ll be the 6 o’clock news for the Queen. 

Apparently Meghan isn't coming to Balmoral.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, JustPassingThrough said:

On a side note, I do wonder what in particular did happen? There's been much talk of circulatory issues, and I think the suggestion someone made yesterday (so about 20 pages ago) that she had a TIA last year is very plausible. Perhaps she had a more damaging stroke?

A serious stroke is plausible, especially since she was kind of ok a few days ago.

And in that scenario it is not impossible she will live on for some time, although she will probably be incapacitated since the situation is clearly grave. 

My grandfather lived on for almost two years after a debilitating stroke, although I wouldn't wish the way he was in on my worst enemy..

• Like 1

Former Birmingham City winger David Cotterill, as usual, has the most measured take:

FcJBCTXWQAEXcDs?format=jpg&name=large

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Seppuku said:

A serious stroke is plausible, especially since she was kind of ok a few days ago.

And in that scenario it is not impossible she will live on for some time, although she will probably be incapacitated since the situation is clearly grave. 

My grandfather lived on for almost two years after a debilitating stroke, although I wouldn't wish the way he was in on my worst enemy..

My uncle the same - had a massive stroke but carried on for 3 years.. but it was just a shell of a body post stroke.  I assume Charles would have to succeed her if that was the case.