Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

1 minute ago, YouOnlyDieOnce said:

She passed away at 16:50 this afternoon. My cousin's wife is getting the final touches to the 6pm bulletin ready. Her colleague, Huw Edwards is in bits apparently.

Sounds fine on BBC1 apprently…..

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Elvis is alive! said:

So your saying that the monarchy are the Kardashians of Britain? 

Stop being a prick.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, YouOnlyDieOnce said:

She passed away at 16:50 this afternoon. My cousin's wife is getting the final touches to the 6pm bulletin ready. Her colleague, Huw Edwards is in bits apparently.

Don't shoot the messenger, it's chaos in the BBC Cardiff office right now. Headless chickens everywhere.

I guess we'll find out in 20 mins or so.

We'll need a new National anthem, I personally like "Land of Hope and Glory", as it'll also suffice if we become a republic tomorrow ;-)

• Haha 1

Just now, YouOnlyDieOnce said:

We'll need a new National anthem, I personally like "Land of Hope and Glory", as it'll also suffice if we become a republic tomorrow ;-)

How about "God save the State"

• Haha 8

19 minutes ago, Elvis is alive! said:

Now I don't want anybody to send me nasty texts. I am just asking a question with no pretense about it. As an American man asking a British citizen. What does the Queen ever done for you? What has the MOnarchy acheived in the last 100 years?  Asking for a friend.

Less damage than Presidents have done for you. 

• Haha 1

No new announcements from any official source, so I assume nothing has changed.  No tears evident on the faces of princes in the car, so I assume HM is still living.

Just now, marklv said:

No new announcements from any official source, so I assume nothing has changed.  No tears evident on the faces of princes in the car, so I assume HM is still living.

They're probably looking forward to her will being read out, not to mention Charles getting a proper job at last!

Just now, YouOnlyDieOnce said:

They're probably looking forward to her will being read out, not to mention Charles getting a proper job at last!

As they are already rich I doubt they care much.  

On Tumblr:

image.png.1f596c802717919a219e60a7cf38b45f.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

2 minutes ago, YouOnlyDieOnce said:

Not sure TBH, what if we become atheists also.

If they ever changed the National Anthem, any words would displease somebody or other, perhaps we would follow the example of the Spanish and have an anthem that is just music without words, my suggestion would be Nimrod by Sir Edward Elgar.

6 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Less damage than Presidents have done for you. 

Just a question don't hate, cant comfortable and resting not be another way that she had died? even if she did pass away yesterday and waiting for all family to arrive to pay respect etc? I would be comfortable and resting if I had left this world.

Just now, Voice of Reason said:

If they ever changed the National Anthem, any words would displease somebody or other, perhaps we would follow the example of the Spanish and have an anthem that is just music without words, my suggestion would be Nimrod by Sir Edward Elgar.

The second anthem is from Pomp & Circumstance March no.1, commonly known as 'Land of Hope and Glory'.  But I don't think the national anthem would be changed other than replacing 'queen' with 'king'.

Just now, Elvis is alive! said:

Presidents are not rulers

Yes they are.  Presidents govern, they rule, a constitutional monarch reigns, and reigns only.  The elected government rules.

I reckon she has either had a stroke or is in acute heart failure.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, marklv said:

The second anthem is from Pomp & Circumstance March no.1, commonly known as 'Land of Hope and Glory'.  But I don't think the national anthem would be changed other than replacing 'queen' with 'king'.

Well considering it used to be "King" until 1952, when it was changed to "Queen" it's hardly much of a stretch to change it back again.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

A piece based on a commoner, Augustus Jaegar (Elgar’s publisher)

Can see Augustus’s family being dead chuffed with that. Not sure how the Windsors will take it.

1 minute ago, Sean said:

I reckon she has either had a stroke or is in acute heart failure.

I agree with the stroke 

1 minute ago, YouOnlyDieOnce said:

Oh... she's still hanging on then.

Might be later in the hour if not she’s still alive 

Since she's missed the 6 o'clock news today, do we have to wait until the 6 o'clock news tomorrow?