Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

10 hours ago, stonecold said:

From what I've read, the official notification was released at 6:30 local lime, but she passed away around 4:30. Pravda seems to be the only site to mention that, according to their sources, she was unconcious when reported as comfortable.

Almost certainly she was sedated with morphine.  This is normal practice with terminal patients reaching their end.

8 hours ago, DaDeathGuy said:

Rest in peace Queen Elizabeth.

On a side note, did anyone notice all the filth posted about her on Twitter? Some of it has hundreds of thousands of likes. I wouldn't recommend going to check it out, but it's sad that stuff's allowed at a time like this.

Twitter is full of cretins.  I never go there.

• Like 2

Looks like the queen simply died of old age:

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/989756-queen-elizabeth-s-official-cause-of-death-revealed

Heart failure is simply the heart steadily giving up after beating for so long; it can be controlled with drugs for some years, but it's ultimately a terminal condition.  She would also have had atherosclerosis, which typical of someone who has reached such an advanced age.  All in all, these are conditions due to the very old age, so not a surprise.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TQR said:

She joined the Women’s Auxiliary Territory Service as soon as she turned 18, despite the protestations of her parents.

BTW I am by no means a royalist either but your idiotic thread creation and your deliberately truculent attitude should probably do a bit of shuttyfuckups for now. Advocate for a republic without shouting in everyone’s faces like a prick.

It seems that in these days, the only way to accomplish anything is to "shout in everyone's faces". However not sure if  thats being a "prick" or not. 

• Like 1

Just now, Elvis is alive! said:

It seems that in these days, the only way to accomplish anything is to "shout in everyone's faces". However not sure if  thats being a "prick" or not. 

Not for people with enough intelligence to make a point or share a view without being disrespectful or antagonistic.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Elvis is alive! said:

Well, shouting in people's faces can lead to a bullet going into your head. America is already heading that way. So do it at your own risk.

1 minute ago, TQR said:

Not for people with enough intelligence to make a point or share a view without being disrespectful or antagonistic.

No one listens to Intelligence anymore. If you are not shouting and flying flags and rabbel-rousing, your not heard. Someone with intelligence is considered a nutter.

• Facepalm 1

Just now, Elvis is alive! said:

No one listens to Intelligence anymore. If you are not shouting and flying flags and rabbel-rousing, your not heard. Someone with intelligence is considered a nutter.

Well, that much is immediately apparent with you, but don’t judge everyone by your own standards.

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, marklv said:

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/989756-queen-elizabeth-s-official-cause-of-death-revealed

Heart failure is simply the heart steadily giving up after beating for so long; it can be controlled with drugs for some years, but it's ultimately a terminal condition.  She would also have had atherosclerosis, which typical of someone who has reached such an advanced age.  All in all, these are conditions due to the very old age, so not a surprise.

Despite the unsubstantiated claim that "Queen Elizabeth’s official cause of death has finally been revealed by Buckingham Palace", that link contains nothing more than speculation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, marklv said:

Twitter is full of cretins.  I never go there.

Unfortunately some of them are coming here.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TQR said:

Well, that much is immediately apparent with you, but don’t judge everyone by your own standards.

Speaking of people with no intelligence. 

R.I.P.  Her Majesty The Queen.

I said she would go this year and also at  Balmroral.

It wasn't rocket science to me this year.

In this time of nationally mandated deep sorrow, here’s a healthy reminder that, despite the profundity of the situation, 10 days of national mourning does not mean you have to be mournful throughout.

For the sake of your mental health, whenever you feel like it, get rid of the sombre tones of BBC Radio or Global Player and stick some upbeat music on. Turn the telly off. Stop following the rolling news. And don’t feel guilty about doing any of that. Go back to doing, saying and listening to things that make you smile.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, TQR said:

In this time of nationally mandated deep sorrow, here’s a healthy reminder that, despite the profundity of the situation, 10 days of national mourning does not mean you have to be mournful throughout.

For the sake of your mental health, whenever you feel like it, get rid of the sombre tones of BBC Radio or Global Player and stick some upbeat music on. Turn the telly off. Stop following the rolling news. And don’t feel guilty about doing any of that. Go back to doing, saying and listening to things that make you smile.

Agreed. And worth pointing out that in the coverage from the Commons they showed earlier, there was plenty of laughter among the tributes, as MPs shared stories of encounters with the Queen. Not all reflection needs to be mournful. And, as you say, it is not healthy to mourn 24/7.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, TQR said:

Good advice. It's definitely important to both embrace and understand the feelings of such a momentous event. At the same time, don't let the darkness cover you or you might just disappear in it. 

Wise words of wisdom this one has @TQR

• Like 3

Fair play to her maj for dying when cancelling all the football at least means I can binge the new season of Cobra Kai this weekend. 

• Haha 1

FA have misjudged this I think. No reason why matches outside of London or not involving London teams couldn't go ahead. Horse racing seems to be the only other thing that's off compeltely 

• Like 1

With gas prices the way they are, the death of Her Maj is yet another blow to CORGI registered installers...

1 hour ago, TQR said:

Turn the telly off. Stop following the rolling news.

I haven't had the telly on at all today.  I'm too sad already to want to see people wallowing in it.   The tenor bell of our village church tolled for an hour and that sound was strangely comforting.

9 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Horse racing seems to be the only other thing that's off compeltely 

The Queen would definitely NOT approve of that!  

2 hours ago, marklv said:

Going back to this, they seem to have nicked it from the Star:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/telltale-sign-final-picture-queen-27948285

Here you can see the doctor who has given her expert opinions :facepalm:

29 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

FA have misjudged this I think. No reason why matches outside of London or not involving London teams couldn't go ahead. Horse racing seems to be the only other thing that's off compeltely 

Much as I’m absolutely fine with football not being on (purely because I’ve no interest in it) I think it’s wrong to cancel everything; sporting events, entertainment gigs, comedy on telly - all of it being off adds to this feeling of forced mourning. Not everyone is mourning, and of those who are, not all of them mourn by wallowing and refusing to enjoy themselves for days on end. Get everything back on from tomorrow onwards.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TQR said:

Much as I’m absolutely fine with football not being on, I think it’s wrong to cancel everything; sporting events, entertainment, comedy on telly; it adds to this feeling of forced mourning. Not everyone is mourning, and of those who are, not all of them mourn by wallowing and refusing to enjoy themselves for days on end. Get everything back on from tomorrow onwards.

Agree i for one demand the cancelled show from the BBC  at 4.30PM yesterday The Bidding Room it was to feature a £20 note with the Queens head missing.

She's finally gone, certainly feels like the end of an era.  Doubt we'll ever see anyone quite like her again.  I genuinely hope Charles III does a good job and wish him all the best, that's a tough act to follow.

• Like 1