Jimh

Queen Elizabeth II

24 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

It's his cousin and a huge state occasion. He wouldn't have wanted to miss it.

It reminds me of comic relief where they do a video with loads of random celebrities from the 70s and 80s like the Krankies, Keith Harris, Lionel Blair, Frank Bruno and Bernie Clifton and after the surprise at seeing they're still alive comes the shock of seeing how old they look.

• Like 1

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

Center Parcs, yeah.  What a massive bollock they've dropped.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Toast said:

Center Parcs, yeah.  What a massive bollock they've dropped.

So much so that we've cancelled our October weekend and next Easter break with them, other family and friends are cancelling too. CP could be calling in the administrators next year. Nobody forgets a big fuck-up like that in a hurry.

• Like 1

Since the human population appears to have bloated exponentially since the last state funeral, I can see 19SEP being the biggest single event that the World has ever seen with massive overcrowding, widespread power surges and 2,126 crowd-related deaths. It's also a shame that Putin, Xi and Trump won't be there as we have plenty of time to get our SAS snipers in position.

Tip... Boil plenty of water and keep it in flasks before 11am on 19SEP, I can only imagine the extent of power cuts once the sheeple of 3rd World Britain switch on their TVs and then switch on their kettles once it starts to get boring. Oh... make sure you have a good bath/shower the day before also.

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

It reminds me of comic relief where they do a video with loads of random celebrities from the 70s and 80s like the Krankies, Keith Harris, Lionel Blair, Frank Bruno and Bernie Clifton and after the surprise at seeing they're still alive comes the shock of seeing how old they look.

That reminds me of Strictly Come Dancing and Celebrity Bake Off, when we play, "Who the fuck is that and what did they do to become famous?"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, YouOnlyDieOnce said:

That reminds me of Strictly Come Dancing and Celebrity Bake Off, when we play, "Who the fuck is that and what did they do to become famous?"

You can get some practice in on that every week by watching House of Games. I normally recognise two and have to google the other two

2 hours ago, YouOnlyDieOnce said:

Since the human population appears to have bloated exponentially since the last state funeral, I can see 19SEP being the biggest single event that the World has ever seen with massive overcrowding, widespread power surges and 2,126 crowd-related deaths. It's also a shame that Putin, Xi and Trump won't be there as we have plenty of time to get our SAS snipers in position.

Tip... Boil plenty of water and keep it in flasks before 11am on 19SEP, I can only imagine the extent of power cuts once the sheeple of 3rd World Britain switch on their TVs and then switch on their kettles once it starts to get boring. Oh... make sure you have a good bath/shower the day before also.

You have your own fucking DL site to rant on, Z.

Fuck off back there.

59 minutes ago, Toast said:

TBF, Rolf Harris is now unavailable to do any more portraits of her.....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

TBF, Rolf Harris is now unavailable to do any more portraits of her.....

He's out of jail now isn't he?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Well, yes, but he is keeping his head down, isn't he.

Mind you, so long as his head isn't down and under some young girls skirt, eh.......

• Like 2

13 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

I'm on the train now heading down. Like you, always thought I would for The Queen, and it so happens I'm in a position to go down today rather than Saturday, so thought it best to go ASAP. Not really fussed how long it takes, it's a historic moment and I'd like to pay my respects.

Reached the back of the ever expanding queue at 12.30pm, somewhere a decent walk east of Tower Bridge. Finally made it in to see Her Majesty just after 8pm. Lucky enough to be there for the Changing of the Vigil Guard. It was sad, really sad, but glad I did it. Walked out alongside Lord David Owen if I'm not very much mistaken. Feet are very sore, suspect the weekend could be nuts.

• Like 5

Queue update - It’s now 5 miles long and takes 9 hours until you see the queen. Yesterday at this time it was under 3 miles.

2 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

He came to my hospital department 2 years ago as a patient. Annoyingly charming.

• Like 3

New photo on Instagram. Who are these people ? I’m not that familiar with royal family…

26E29181-74DC-4DA0-AEA1-F79A7A4B1EF8.png
he looks like Michael Gambon tho

2 minutes ago, Talkative Finn said:

I think they are new Queen Consort's father (now deceased), son and daughter. Picture taken at the wedding 2005.

Oh yes that’s him ! Looks a lot like Gambon imo

3 minutes ago, Talkative Finn said:

I think they are new Queen Consort's father (now deceased), son and daughter. Picture taken at the wedding 2005.

Yep, Major Bruce Shand and Tom Parker Bowles and his sister Lucy Lopes. Tom is a well known food critic in the UK aside from bring Camilla's son.

There's an attempt to list the dignitaries at her state funeral here on Wiki.

It's far from complete as the Abbey can hold 2200 people but interesting to note that, thus far, no former British PMs or no former US Presidents are listed.

So are they going to lower the Queen's coffin to Royal Vault during the Committal Service? It's quite proper and moving of course, but what then? If she and Philip are to be interred to George VI Memorial Chapel later during the same day, will they (after the church is emptied and TV cameras closed) just lift her back up? Philip might have been placed to George VI Memorial Chapel already, or else they'll have to lift him up as well. I seriously doubt that there would be secret underground passages from the Royal Vault to other side chapels. But of course at the end of the day it's not our bl..y business.

16 minutes ago, Talkative Finn said:

So are they going to lower the Queen's coffin to Royal Vault during the Committal Service? It's quite proper and moving of course, but what then? If she and Philip are to be interred to George VI Memorial Chapel later during the same day, will they (after the church is emptied and TV cameras closed) just lift her back up? Philip might have been placed to George VI Memorial Chapel already, or else they'll have to lift him up as well. I seriously doubt that there would be secret underground passages from the Royal Vault to other side chapels. But of course at the end of the day it's not our bl..y business.

There will be a later private interment service

41 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

There's an attempt to list the dignitaries at her state funeral here on Wiki.

It's far from complete as the Abbey can hold 2200 people but interesting to note that, thus far, no former British PMs or no former US Presidents are listed.

Noting both Brian Mulroney and Joe Clark have opted to remain in Canada when given the choice to attend. They are both in their 80s, though Clark was recently active. The Canadian past PM's delegation suggests to expect a few extra aged faces from elsewhere too.

• Like 2